Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
a car that runs on memes, genius!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my manager wanted to Talk Musk today but she wasn't ready for "gently caress that guy he's an idiot who sucks" as a talking point.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the meme community

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my manager wanted to Talk Musk today but she wasn't ready for "gently caress that guy he's an idiot who sucks" as a talking point.

"SHE"???

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I thought the Cybertruck graffiti logo was a too on the nose joke about Elon's poor eye for aesthetics until it kept popping up.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

did i die? is my brain melting in my ears?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm kinda surprised that dumb tweet doesn't have 150k likes by now

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

car that runs on old memes call that fossil fueled

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

did i die? is my brain melting in my ears?

welcome to hell, marine

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

the milk machine posted:

muppet christmas carol is very good. i like when the mice go "and no cheeses for us meeses!" during that one song

:yeah:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

does the cybertruck talk?

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011
the cybertruk has grok in it. and you bet your rear end it knows the hottest joke memes. based

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

You ever notice that Musk stans never really mention Hulu when getting mad at Disney? It's always about cancelling Disney+. Doesn't seem like they have any opinions about entertainment aimed at adults

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

good news, everyone!

Advertisers Say They Do Not Plan to Return to X After Musk’s Comments

quote:

Advertisers said on Thursday that they did not plan to reopen their wallets anytime soon with X, the social media company formerly known as Twitter, after its owner, Elon Musk, insulted brands using an expletive and told them not to spend on the platform.

At least half a dozen marketing agencies said the brands they represent were standing firm against advertising on X, while others said they had advised advertisers to stop posting anything on the platform. Some temporary spending pauses that advertisers have enacted in recent weeks against X are likely to turn into permanent freezes, they added, with Mr. Musk’s comments giving them no incentive to return.

Advertisers are “not coming back” to X, said Lou Paskalis, the founder and chief executive of AJL Advisory, a marketing consultancy. “There is no advertising value that would offset the reputational risk of going back on the platform.”

Ruben Schreurs, the chief strategy officer at Ebiquity, a marketing and media consulting firm, said Ms. Yaccarino appeared to be trying to get brands to stand with X’s views on free speech. But advertisers were unlikely to step in to sponsor the social media platform’s goals, he said.

“It doesn’t resonate at all,” he said, adding that the spending pauses seemed to be “turning into a termination of advertising on X.” Short of a leadership change or a change in control at the company, he added, advertisers were unlikely to consider returning to the platform.

Other marketers are recommending that brands abandon X altogether. Tom Hespos, a longtime media planning executive who runs a consulting firm, Abydos Media, and works with clients in health care and other industries with up to $50 million media budgets, said that he gave his first formal recommendation to a client on Thursday that they not only stop spending on X but back away from posting there.

“You can’t with a good conscience make a recommendation to a client that they continue to be a part of” what Mr. Musk has done on X, Mr. Hespos said.

Mr. Musk’s dismissiveness of advertiser concerns has caused brands to view him as a risky partner, said Steve Boehler, the founder of the marketing management consultancy Mercer Island Group.

Mr. Musk’s “comments suggest an outrageous amount of uncertainty regarding his platform, how he will partner with advertisers and whether he even cares about what advertisers think,” said Mr. Boehler, who works with clients who spend $10 million to $500 million on advertising annually. “This is also personal,” he added. “Businesses are simply full of people, and people like to be treated well, respected and dealt with with dignity.”

:lmao:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
wow blackmail

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's winning

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Celexi posted:

wow blackmail
you wanna blackmail me, blackmail me *with money?!*

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

are people still being paid on twitter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

what are they going to do? stop spending money on twitter?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

a.lo posted:

are people still being paid on twitter

on top of *all of this bullshit* he still has 100% voluntary cash out flows , that is some genuinely shocking, unfathomable poo poo, elon true revolutionary :cheerdoge:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

well yeah, who do you think the 'good news' was for? :colbert:

snoremac posted:

you wanna blackmail me, blackmail me *with money?!*

this was really one of the more underrated parts of his rant that i wished more people took note of

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1730277101415108872?t=nwZLb1UzxVtuhLBGDcB8yg&s=19

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Lol yes Glenn we must strive again for the days when rich families ran media independent of agenda

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Right-wing fascists are also the absolute bottom of the barrel for targeted advertising priorities unless you’re scamming seniors by selling investment plans in Iraqi Dinar.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Jackbox logo but sadder

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Like a dolls eyes hair

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

what are the speech laws in Malaysia? I doubt Elon gives a poo poo either way lol.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Disney is trying to turn my kids against me by remaking old movies and the main character is black now

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

what are the speech laws in Malaysia? I doubt Elon gives a poo poo either way lol.

you can be caned for saying the wrong thing

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

If they don't like the article you are working on or your kind of activism, you can get up to 28 days of preventive detention with no judicial review under the Security Offenses (Special Measures) Act (SOSMA).

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Dec 1, 2023

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.threads.net/@sarahfrier/post/C0SkRzZPVRo

edit: dammit, seems threads doesn't embed

quote:

We got an internal memo Linda Yaccarino sent to staff today. She's doubling down and telling staff to watch Musk's DealBook interview. “Our principles do not have a price tag, nor will they be compromised — ever."

"let's show that iceberg who's boss!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This dude paid 44b of someone else’s money to be a 4chan mod. actually I think 4chan had more uptime.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i am impressed with the yacc attack's commitment to kayfabe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She has to know she’s a meat shield right?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
that’s CEO meat shield to you

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I was taking a big sip of beer as I read this and suddenly remembered the American kid in the 90s who got caned in Singapore because he spray painted some cars, and then laughed instead of swallowing the beer

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

I was taking a big sip of beer as I read this and suddenly remembered the American kid in the 90s who got caned in Singapore because he spray painted some cars, and then laughed instead of swallowing the beer

don't have a cane, man