Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ro5s posted:

setting up MIC grift for a child soldier killing zipline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Admiral Bosch posted:

Was that guy active on here? I completely forgot about that.

still is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the homemade sub murder dude wasnt the sa poster iirc it was one of his buddies or collaborators who was just posting about helping make the sub for gbs clout like the feral hog genocide dude and other 2005 forums superstars

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BULBASAUR posted:

Welcum back buddy

US posters take note of your future

US still has bodies, in war that tends to be the end all be all. Gonna take a big meat grinder to make us stop.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The US has to cart those bodies across the oceans to get blown up and that is becoming increasingly difficult

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

US still has bodies, in war that tends to be the end all be all. Gonna take a big meat grinder to make us stop.

How does it plan to get those bodies somewhere outside of the continental states?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Uber for troop movements.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mustr

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gripweed posted:

Uber for troop movements.

I will try to dig up the policy paper, but yes, I saw that the Canadian government thinks they can just hire out sealift at will.

lol practicality notwithstanding, imagine the fees the shipping lines would charge.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

imagine the fees the shipping lines would charge.

feature not bug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

the homemade sub murder dude wasnt the sa poster iirc it was one of his buddies or collaborators who was just posting about helping make the sub for gbs clout like the feral hog genocide dude and other 2005 forums superstars

i wonder what hog slayer man is up to these days. probably killing hogs directly with drone mounted weapon systems.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Oldest Man posted:

feature not bug

Couldn't they just refuse to enter the combat zone? I forget how maritime insurance works.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Couldn't they just refuse to enter the combat zone? I forget how maritime insurance works.

feature

not

bug

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

The men can all swim it'll be fine.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Just do an ObamaCare and charge the soldiers a fee if they don't show up on the battlefield.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

bring your own bmp

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

if you like your bmp, you can keep it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

actually your bmp is being replaced with a larger, shittier bmp that can't go through mud and costs 8x as much

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Hatebag posted:

actually your bmp is being replaced with a larger, shittier bmp that can't go through mud and costs 8x as much

:thejoke:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

Ty ty, and I think worse. See, Britain was able to shift into being a junior partner. If the US loses empire, they lose empire, they're not going to be able to be China's #1 pal.

I was reading somewhere, lol this is so loving funny and really fits with what we've learned about the Brits, that loving Swinging London and the British Invasion made the Brits feel good about losing their empire. Like, sure, they lost everything tangible, but the Yanks thought they were cool. Which, come to think of it, Tony Blair and that "Cool Britannia" thing in the 90's, right after Thatcher more or less did the same dismantling internally, that fits the pattern too.

As long as "Britishness" had perceived cultural value, they would stomach any sort of degradation or decline. Well, America has Hollywood, and I guess Madison Avenue, so I wonder if they'll seek comfort in the same sort of way?

The future of what's left of the American Empire is Will Stancil, chief editor of the Washington-New York Times Post, approving and writing out articles about how the authoritarian world is incredibly deterred by the almighty carrier battlegroups of freedom.

Said carrier battlegroups have to share the last one hundred F-35s among them and the last catapult component because it is now lostech.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The USS Steiner

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

I prefer png actually, smaller and more maneuverable

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Full feudalism where are brave troops furnish their own gear and are accompanied by a retinue of jrtc kids proudly bearing their high school banners

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
For Fedualism to work you would have to start actually handing out fiefs though.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ardennes posted:

For Fedualism to work you would have to start actually handing out fiefs though.

they can rent them from blackrock

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ardennes posted:

in early postmodern feudalism, the fief is a youtube channel subscriber count

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Tyme posted:

Full feudalism where are brave troops furnish their own gear and are accompanied by a retinue of jrtc kids proudly bearing their high school banners

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

KomradeX posted:

US intelligence letting the Iraqis know when and where Iranian offensives we're coming and an infinite supply of weapons (on credit) had much more to do with Iraq gridning out a draw than their own abilities. Hell the Iraqi army of 1988, and that of the Gulf War was the 4th or so Army they had gone through in that decade

As I recall the Iraqi forces even with the assistance of the US (and others) was doing quite poorly as the war turned against them and they got pushed back across their borders and through the coastal areas. However, like most forces when they were defending their own land they stiffened and were able to slow the Iranians down. They certainly didn't force a ceasefire on their own, but they did fight better on the defensive.

Mind you, what Iran accomplished is impressive and its crazy that basically no one recognizes it. Still reeling from the revolution and Western fuckery they managed to stop an overwhelming surprise attack and even go on the offensive. They had to figure out everything on the run without any outside assistance including how to handle all their NATO equipment. In the Western world if the war is ever mentioned it's only to say something about Iran being sicko suicide bombers and not about the circumstances they found themselves in.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lol

https://x.com/armchairw/status/1730482490920620503?s=46&t=NfFUqnrTGI_gdViBS3OzCg

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Even the lighting sucks rear end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you need to make HE shells in the dark, just pop a white phosporus shell

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The loving Hawthorne study in the mid 20s (of LAST century) were supposed to be studying the effects of proper lighting on factory work.

Like yeah those studies are mostly famous for the Hawthorne effect but as a result they're taught to every loving first year student of business, operations or anything to do with process improvement to this day, and they teach the experiment was originally about the goddamn lighting in factories.

I find it honestly difficult to properly convey just how amateur hour poo poo western shell factories are.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
so youre saying we need to hire a consultant to do a survey and study if making lighting agile will improve shell production?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yes. The point of the system is to enrich an unproductive middle class. Well upper class, but the breadcrumbs get tossed to the middle class so that they stay inline.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

looks like a pretty normal factory / machine shop

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

500excf type r posted:

looks like a pretty normal factory / machine shop

That’s exactly the problem. National Filling Factories had about 10 000 employees, were serviced by two rail lines, often had a tram line within the factory etc.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Frosted Flake posted:

That’s exactly the problem. National Filling Factories had about 10 000 employees, were serviced by two rail lines, often had a tram line within the factory etc.

aside from the visible inventory and employees, the actual factories are pretty much the same

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
"aside from the fact that one place produced about a million times more poo poo the factories are p much the same" is one hell of an argument i gotta admit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I work in a cleaner and more modern shop at a nonprofit with no major assets, making casework for shows that last three months