Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, Chucky's big weakness imo is that his mobility in getting around the map is pretty not-great. I did see someone who was running the add-on that lowers your power's cooldown any time you miss with the charge, and then using the charge primarily to be a lot more mobile and I think that's got a lot of merit to it. But Blight and Nurse being able to use and ignore terrain the way they do respectively is exactly what makes them such monsters, and Chucky just don't got THAT heat going on (though he does feel very, very good -- especially in the sense that he just feels fun to play as right now, win or lose).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

Agreed. Blight can pinball his way across the entire map and Chucky gets a single big lunge. Blight wins this matchup.

Thats why I said in my caveat in chase. Blight has better map mobility no doubt but chucky has far far more "I win" match ups in chase with survivors where as with blight its at least a 50/50. Spinning/juking blight is also significantly easier. Chucky's lunge is much less a dash and more just turbo mode where he retains nearly all of his control.

I don't think Chucky is necessarily better overall because he lacks map pressure that blight and nurse get basekit due to their insane mobility, but I think Chucky is better in chase than blight. He might be the best chase killer in the entire game right now.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Chucky's Two Can Play is a funny perk when you think about it because it is only really effective when someone blinds you with a flashlight or flashbang during a chase, which would allow you to negate the blind by also disorienting them too. But 99% of the time when you're blinded it's because someone is doing it for points or kicks while you're locked into an animation anyways.

It's just such a weird perk because Lightborn is better than it in basically every way. Imo they need to either greatly increase the blind on survivors or, even better, blind the survivors while negating the blind on killer.
Stun the survivor instead of blinds :getin:

It does seem like an experimental perk in that it’s the first Hex perk that can rekindle itself without Penti/Undying shenanigans. If they cleanse it and stun/blind you two more times it’ll light another dull totem. Might be why it doesn’t seem that strong as they didn’t want to push it with something too oppressive tied to normal gameplay (pallet stuns).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlhqG99vSIw

Otz's breakdown of why Trickster is bad now. I was feeling like I was taking crazy pills because everything other than laceration requirements seemed like a buff, but it makes sense.

Speed trickster looks fun though

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Speed trickster is ok, but its the only way to play him currently that is fun and its locked behind an iri...

edit: They should have made his "you gain speed for every knife" addon basekit, but kept him as a 110 killer.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 30, 2023

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I really wish they'd just get rid of whoever keeps deciding that some killers should only be fun or even very good if you put an iri addon on them.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Always felt like this is where a disconnect happens between the Fog Whisperers (who essentially get an infinite amount of Aurics and items to do whatever they want in the game) and your average player. Like if Tofu goes "Myers is broken because he can run Tombstone and demolish any team he wants" under the perspective that he's sitting on 900 free Tombstone Pieces, that's a different experience than me who only has like 5 of those things from playing casually

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Like if they're gonna keep doing that, let me just put the killer on a hard cooldown timer after I'm out of The Item That Makes Them Worth Playing until a new one auto-generates itself or something, cause I'm just gonna be waiting until I get another anyway lol

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tombstones are pretty poo poo design though. If we’re using the average player argument, the average player can’t tell the difference between how long a tombstone takes to charge vs the other addons that take longer to charge EWIII. And that’s one mistake and you’re out of the game, which isn’t very fun.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/Jaeejv/status/1729636512948441270?s=20

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 1, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tombstone Piece is the worst thing in the game. All the fun of being tunneled out, in a nanosecond, and with no possibility of saving yourself through DS/BT/etc.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Both tombstones suck. If we hate nurse for skipping the whole "Tag" part of the game, we should probably hate Myers for skipping the whole "Hook stages" part of the game too. If the only counter play to dying horribly and immediately is "Don't get hit" that kinda sucks.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Iri anything is cool in concept, but it just doesn't work as a concept nowadays. They were balanced for back when seeing them was legitimately rare and both sides had incredibly overpowered things they could do with them.

Nowadays many of them just exist to make things much less fun for the other side but with an alarmingly high frequency with how much more blood points are in the game and how faster it is to get them. I don't want to say they need to be removed entirely, but the entire concept needs a rework, both for survivors and killers. (Outside of BNPs survivor iri's are generally trash and boring, and thus are bad for different reasons)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Both tombstones suck. If we hate nurse for skipping the whole "Tag" part of the game, we should probably hate Myers for skipping the whole "Hook stages" part of the game too. If the only counter play to dying horribly and immediately is "Don't get hit" that kinda sucks.

Iridescent Tombstone really isn't that great. You have to dedicate an entire build to it and most of the time by the time you are full (assuming you're using double iri) there's generally only 1 or 2 gens left. Purple is more problematic, sure you lose T3 but no speed debuff means you don't have to use other perks to compensate.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kwolok posted:

Once you are aware of it, then you just duck into a locker whenever Mikey hits T3 and it’s effectively the same as being exposed like normal. The problem is that, unless you are super keyed into the game, the only way to know it’s Tombstone is for someone to die first.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Pants Donkey posted:

Once you are aware of it, then you just duck into a locker whenever Mikey hits T3 and it’s effectively the same as being exposed like normal. The problem is that, unless you are super keyed into the game, the only way to know it’s Tombstone is for someone to die first.

For sure so its kinda just like the old version of deadhard. Until you know, you should probably just assume, which is .... an odd way to play. But being able to outright kill a survivor before any hooks is really lame. Like sure, Onryo can do it, but it is a building thing and you know when its coming and how to counter it. It feels very different to me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kwolok posted:

For sure so its kinda just like the old version of deadhard. Until you know, you should probably just assume, which is .... an odd way to play. But being able to outright kill a survivor before any hooks is really lame. Like sure, Onryo can do it, but it is a building thing and you know when its coming and how to counter it. It feels very different to me.
I’m not defending it. I like playing Myers and only use Tombstone to get easy mori rituals and challenges

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1730060965566177750?t=UP7eDiOBZMYMIkSa2pnAYw&s=19

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

Like sure, Onryo can do it, but it is a building thing and you know when its coming and how to counter it. It feels very different to me.

...I don't understand this. Myers stalking is also a building thing. More so than hers. Granted Onryo players have a mechanic to reduce/remove but you need to stalk aLOT as Myers to get what you need. Thats not doing anything while you're doing it as well.

Theres other characters who can instadown, mori etc but theres so much crying over Michael who is literally regularly ranked on the bottom tier. Sometimes the worst.

Theres way bigger problems with killers than a tombstone. Like... show me where on the doll the Michael touched you with his pipe hah. It seems so weird to me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Speaking of Michael, he doesn't stare at the camera on the character select screen anymore. He...moved

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

This isn't a man...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Comfortador posted:

...I don't understand this. Myers stalking is also a building thing. More so than hers. Granted Onryo players have a mechanic to reduce/remove but you need to stalk aLOT as Myers to get what you need. Thats not doing anything while you're doing it as well.

Theres other characters who can instadown, mori etc but theres so much crying over Michael who is literally regularly ranked on the bottom tier. Sometimes the worst.

Theres way bigger problems with killers than a tombstone. Like... show me where on the doll the Michael touched you with his pipe hah. It seems so weird to me.
Onryo has a hud showing how close you are to murder time. So you can proactively work to reduce it or know to play more safely. Michael has no indicator he has it and you have no idea if he’s got T3 99’d and ready to ruin your day unless someone has already died to it.

The add-ons are still bad; it’s not like we can’t bring that up just because poo poo like Skull Merchant or MFT were in the game. poo poo, Myers as a whole is a larger issue, and comparing Tombstone to Condemn is a good way to explain improvements on older design.

(Onryo is getting yet another rework, so it’s better not necessarily good :v:)

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I just think loving with the fun, unique characters while the Knight, Skull Merchant, and Legion exist is born more out of bitterness rather than actual gameplay.

Like don't get me wrong when I get morid or if its a tier 3, I'm like...goddamnit... but the anxiety of hearing the music...waiting for it to go away...or not.... thats the good stuff.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 1, 2023

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Tier 3 meyers isn't "fun". Its not particularly fun to play IMO, and its incredibly UNFUN to play against. If his tombstone addon was a bit more than just "Stalk for a long while" to activate it, it might be ok, but its just the most boring part of meyers, longer, so you can laugh at the one survivor you killed if they weren't able to jump into a locker.

On another note, why the gently caress isn't blight a 110 killer?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Being eliminated from the game with no warning or counterplay is not "fun and unique".

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Ahh I see, thank you for defining how to have fun in the game I play haha. Now that I know I've been funning wrong I'll correct it and be as miserable as you, jesus christ man.

I'll tap out of this discussion because its clearly never going to go anywhere outside of a back and forth that has no productive end. Enjoy and hate what you want, I'll do the same.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 1, 2023

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean the warning is "We've been at this for five minutes and Michael hasn't hit tier 3. Oh"

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

DeathChicken posted:

I mean the warning is "We've been at this for five minutes and Michael hasn't hit tier 3. Oh"

This guy gets it, for better or worse :laffo:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I always liked getting Mori'd, and Michael and Pig jumpscaring the poo poo out of me. Idk what it is but DbD, Friday, TCM, I just like the slasher horror aspect more than anything.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 1, 2023

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

DeathChicken posted:

Sir, if you ever watch me play meyers you'll know I did not in fact have tombstone despite it taking that long to hit tier 3 (also tuft of hair etc)

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
You will always be able to find people who find x or y things fun. The reasonable question is "for those who find this fun, how does it compare to those on the receiving end"? The overwhelming response from the community on tombstone (piece) Meyers is it sucks to go against and it's not "fun" to play against.

So sure, you like the thing, but that doesn't inherently mean a vast majority of others have to suffer because you like something that the community at large hates.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I'm a survivor main for the most part, dunno if that means anything for the 'fun' conversation. I do like the occasional tombstone match or inf t3 match but its rare at most.

To each their own

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Being eliminated from the game with no warning or counterplay is not "fun and unique".

I like it, it's fun to watch Michael knife people, even if it's me.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I always liked getting Mori'd, and Michael and Pig jumsparing the poo poo out of me. Idk what it is but DbD, Friday, TCS, I just like the slasher horror aspect more than anything.

Exactly, people get all mad about being killed in a game with all the horror movie dudes we have now and I'm always just like hell yeah that was cool.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Part of the reason tombstone feels unfun is because there's kind of an inherent "my teammate hosed up and fed myers" aspect to it. If the tombstone made Myers act a little more like ghostface, maybe? Where fully stalking someone gets you the mori opportunity. So you can't get instantly deleted from the game when the clueless Mikaela main (:wave:) works on a gen in the center of the map 10 seconds into the match, gets sucked dry, and therefore is basically safe from being tombstone'd forever because she has no stalk left.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I cannot gush enough about tiffany

On the Game, a feng is on the lower floor and traps herself behind the god pallet that needs you to do a gen to open the door, trapping herself in.

I scamper under and hit her while she's clicking and she either dead harded, or OTR'd it and leapt over the pallet towards the freezer, into the freezer and towards the long table room.

while still in hidey ho, I turned around, charged, ran under the pallet, vault the window into the freezer, and skimmed around the pig carcasses, into the long tabel room, at the apex of my charge, swung hard right at the top of the table, and smacked her.

absolutely loving incredible killer. I won't play anyone else.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Chucky is just too drat fun. My hipster mindset makes me not want to play him because he is popular and strong as hell but drat is he fun.

Working on my new "gently caress ALTRUISTIC SWF" build. Mad grit, forced penance, franklins and I think now hex: two can play is my new build to try out. Not necessarily good, but punishing annoying swfs. I have found the blind to be fairly disorienting.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I was memeing with these people a bit since they had someone kill themselves on hook pretty early on. Downed James and gestured for Maria to come over.

:allears: She teabagged on him afterward too

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1730617819471958446?s=20

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’m still amazed they launched the player card system with jack all. Can’t wait to have options besides Chucky in like a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Every Steam/console achievement deserves to be a card or banner.