Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Zedd posted:

Speaking off: Is there an easy way to see what should be in the box for a set? (Not individual parts just like 1x Bag 1, 1x Bag 2, etc.
I got the 40499 Santa's Sled with a crooked sticker sheet and instructions, and only 3 bags, going by what I can see on review video's it should be 2 big +2 small bags, I have 1 big 2 small in my package.
Directly from Lego so yeah.

Check the number of bags in the instructions. Although thinking about it there's lots of sets with multiple bags for a single number so ok fair point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If it makes anyone feel any better, the company has already budgeted in the overhead for pieces replacement and all other support issues. They already know about how much replacing they'll have to do.

Edit: As far as their books are concerned, you already requested those replacements, so you might as well actually do it.

mutata fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 1, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mutata posted:

If it makes anyone feel any better, the company has already budgeted in the overhead of pieces replacement and all other support issues. They already know about how much replacing they'll have to do.

This makes me feel worse.
I want them to suffer

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I HATE LEGO!!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

I want them to suffer

Hey, can't please everyone!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

By which I mean I hope nobody feels good about it anymore.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Just saw an ADULTS WELCOME commercial during football showing a bunch of attractive people displaying Lego cars and scooters in their fancy houses

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

Any good brick printers you guys would recommend? Wanna change this thing from NCC-Enterprise to NCC-Paladin, just started pulling ideas out of my rear end to mod it but no real execution, head lore is a full ship of the line (Armor n Guns baby!) No idea what numbers I’d use or that’d make sense since I’m not a Trekkie

https://imgur.com/a/PtGb0mt

A Star Trek ship in a Star Wars universe

I've used Millionprints a couple times:
A full set of Shuttle alt prints

And a set of Galaxy Explorer altbuild model # prints

It's good work, and he did the work of sourcing the right fonts and logos and doing the positioning and everything. I just said what I wanted, included some examples, and had the pieces a few weeks later.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

HootTheOwl posted:

I want them to suffer

I mean, they'll be under their suffering projections if you don't, so you're still increasing net suffering by doing it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I mean, they'll be under their suffering projections if you don't, so you're still increasing net suffering by doing it.

i just requested three 1x1 md azure plates. i am the resistance

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Borsche69 posted:

i just requested three 1x1 md azure plates. i am the resistance

LEGO Liquidators have been dispatched to your location to terminate you.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Borsche69 posted:

I've had missing parts just because I moved or my nephews came over and either dropped something into a black hole or grabbed a little five finger discount. And Lego has always been more than willing to facilitate any requests. Likely because they take one look at my account and think 'oh this guy is a whale. yeah. give it to him' but also more likely that it is just good business sense to send someone like 30 cents worth of pieces in good faith

30 cents worth of pieces? Have you been claiming entire set boxes were empty?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Few more 2024 leaks:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Skios posted:

Few more 2024 leaks:

They still can't make the Ford Anglia look right. I thought it getting it's own set might mean a better build, but it looks about the same as the rest, flaws and alls.

Still, 2x1 cheese slopes are exciting!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Mask looks poo poo unfortunately.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I like the orrery but IDK, something about technic is offputting to me visually

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I kinda like the CaDA solar system more than the Lego one, even if "base of a bunch of generic brown bricks" is most of the reason why
https://decadastore.com/products/solar-system-c71004w
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1705985509980361154

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

Dogen posted:

I think I've had three missing or screwed up pieces in the last decade. The last one I just had was weird since there was an improperly sealed bag, I think the part slid out before the box was closed- there were some parts just loose in the box but only one missing. Also it was a brand spankin new minifig part so it took a little bit to get to me, like a week (the website tells you if a part is like, out of stock or whatever, so was expected).

Also the kit shipped from lego and the outer packaging was fine so it wasn't some kind of plot to steal some minifig pants.

I ended up with 6 missing pieces and a misprinted instruction booklet with 31070 a few years ago. I thought I had lost my loving mind trying to track down pieces. It's the only time I know for certain that it wasn't my fault when I came up short on a set.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Skios posted:

Few more 2024 leaks:

i will be getting all of the cars

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Happy to see a cool BMW but I’d really like to see some street cars or classics (E30 M3, M1 would be fun, E46 M3 was the last cool car I had…)

I don’t even know what the mustang thing is and don’t we have enough mustangs honestly

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

I like the orrery but IDK, something about technic is offputting to me visually

It’s just got a lot of extra bulk which you would think the technic would have helped with.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dogen posted:

Happy to see a cool BMW but I’d really like to see some street cars or classics (E30 M3, M1 would be fun, E46 M3 was the last cool car I had…)

I don’t even know what the mustang thing is and don’t we have enough mustangs honestly

I'm worried we're stuck with these lame modern cars because the brands want to advertise them. I really want a 2002 Turbo or an E30, but we probably won't get them. Similar to racing games where car companies want to push their modern cars rather than their classic favorites.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cojawfee posted:

I'm worried we're stuck with these lame modern cars because the brands want to advertise them. I really want a 2002 Turbo or an E30, but we probably won't get them. Similar to racing games where car companies want to push their modern cars rather than their classic favorites.

I doubt you’ll ever see an E46 for that reason but BMW at least likes to promote its heritage by licensing things like the 2002 or E30 EVO. Is this their first speed champions set? Maybe something better is coming. Also lol at the Audi S1 E we got the group B Quattro who cares.

Put out an R8 at least you could put Tony Stark in it I guess

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’d be way more into Speed Champions if they’d actually make sets based on anything more than 20 years old.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The Audi Sport Quattro S1 kit was fantastic and they should do more 80s/90s rally cars.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
drat none of those Speed Champs interest me whatsoever. Way too loving busy or way too boring. New BMW design language has been atrocious for years, make the good looking older models god dammit Lego. The stickers on the Mustang are hilariously bad, they stand out SO much.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 1, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is the Kawasaki H2 meant to be in the same scale as the big BMW and Yamaha, or the regular scale like the Ducati Panigale?

Either way I ain't really about it cause I think the H2R is ugly as sin and I could wish they'd done the Z900RS. (Or that the Yamaha was the XSR900.)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm gonna guess that "Space VTOL" exists to make lemonade out of all the Technic V-22 sets they had to nix.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm not a Mustang guy but the Darkhorse is a cool car, and I'm looking forward to the BMW set.

So there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw a mustang SUV the other day and was very confused. I screamed at the clouds and told some kids to get off my lawn then I remembered that mustangs suck so I didn't really care.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Skios posted:

Few more 2024 leaks:
[*]Yet more Harry Potter stuff.[/list]

That's a new piece on the c pillar of that blue car, isn't it? A double long cheese slope.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Hopper posted:

30 cents worth of pieces? Have you been claiming entire set boxes were empty?

lol

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Skios posted:

New Technic sets, including a space subtheme.

I’m really digging that space theme. At least it’s different and hopefully we’ll see some cool functions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I wonder if they'll start winding down the Potter stuff at any point? Or is it on life support until this supposed HBO series comes along (if it happens)?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Waltzing Along posted:

I saw a mustang SUV the other day and was very confused. I screamed at the clouds and told some kids to get off my lawn then I remembered that mustangs suck so I didn't really care.

Yeah that badging was a dumb marketing decision. I'm not a Ford guy, never owned one, but I think the Dark Horse is cool.

Obviously I'm a shill for Big Blue Oval

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder if they'll start winding down the Potter stuff at any point? Or is it on life support until this supposed HBO series comes along (if it happens)?

I'm assuming theyre pumping it out to try and get back the licensing fees since its obviously a dying franchise and just getting worse.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gotta milk the last few remaining dollars from this generation's Orson Scott Card.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I think you're all wildly overestimating the actual financial impact of any harry potter boycott. Hogwarts legacy sold 15 million copies up to May. If Lego weren't making any money on harry potter sets they'd stop pumping them out. There's (unfortunately) many people who don't give a poo poo about Rowling's opinions and still like harry potter way too much. The recent films tanking is a lot more to do with them being poo poo, mismanaged and plagued with acting issues.

Edit: I live and work in the EU and many of my (adult) students still love harry potter and see going to the studio experience as an essential part of any trip to the UK, and plenty of them have had kids who have been raised into it even though they weren't born when the last book was released. None of them give a poo poo or have even heard about her TERFiness.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 2, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
People still like Harry Potter, they just don't like JK Rowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A fourth Fantastic Beasts movie is "parked." Which I guess means not in actively development, but not ruled out permanently.
https://screenrant.com/fantastic-beasts-4-updates-story-plans-cast/

But there's a reboot TV show in the works.
https://www.tvguide.com/news/harry-potter-tv-series-max/

We'll have to wait and see I guess. I'm not really into Harry Potter so :shrug:

gently caress transphobes, btw.