Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Is that a whole novel

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pythagoras a trois posted:

date tonight. need topics of conversation, jokes, etc. help me out here people

i read back a couple pages. hope im not too late, but i think you should reap capital volume 1 and try to explain it to your date. if you try to explain it to others it can really further your own understanding of the material

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

PokeJoe posted:

Is that a whole novel

standard nanowrimo goal is 50k words. average fantasy novel is ~80-100k iirc. so yes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cool

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

the chapter where the MC gets a job at the fantasy-world version of medieval times as a jobber

putting in my calendar for next year to write a nanowrimo novel about fantasy the rock and his 50k words of fights and smack talk against ye olde jabronis

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Kazinsal posted:

putting in my calendar for next year to write a nanowrimo novel about fantasy the rock and his 50k words of fights and smack talk against ye olde jabronis

my friend have you heard the good word about progression fantasy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

why are people on about readable code anyway? reading code is what computers are for

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

for people that have to hit a word count you sure love to use ridiculous abbreviations like nanowrimo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Armitag3 posted:

for people that have to hit a word count you sure love to use ridiculous abbreviations like nanowrimo

it's less annoying than the "no nut november" people

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Armitag3 posted:

not allowed no orgasms while randy international men orate is too much of a mouthful

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Armitag3 posted:

famed canadian dessert nanowrimo bars

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cls furiosa trailer is out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
:sigh: i need a sanity check is this real or not

i feel like it probably is but it's too early for me to figure out advanced phishing poo poo i just loving woke up

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ps if it is i bet it's 100% because i tried to sign into amazon drive on an ancient android device

mystes
May 31, 2006

does amazon even really have a phone number you can call?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol like i said i just woke up, not even gonna try that until the anxiety meds kick in

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Are you actually logged out of amazon? just dont do anything outside of the actual site and you should be fine

if you are really in dire straights this link can help https://www.amazondotcom.stealbeeftweetersaccountanddog.co.cx

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

check link destinations, see if amazon support actually has numbers listed, see if you can still log into the account, etc

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

i feel like it probably is but it's too early for me to figure out advanced phishing poo poo i just loving woke up

disabling a password should just take you to a forced password reset screen. i don't trust it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

It doesn't seem like that number is listed anywhere on amazon's site and people on the internet are disagreeing about whether it's legit or not, so basically thanks to amazon not wanting to list any phone numbers on their site they've made it impossible to verify whether that email is legit or not (lol)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oops, overslept

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ignore the email and use your account as normal. if nothing is different, then the email is false. if you find through official first party channels that something is wrong or the email’s claims are otherwise true, then there might be something to it. if you choose to contact Amazon, don’t use any numbers they provided in that email. use the official source independent of whatever possible scam email you got so you can triangulate whether it’s bullshit or not.

prefer a single source of truth over just trusting whatever’s thrown your way. always verify.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

basically is your account actually hosed right now or what?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Beeftweeter posted:

did you check the headers

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

searching for the 1-800 number in the email pulls up a bunch of fraud watch websites so in the absence of any evidence when you actually log into the account I think it's likely safe to ignore

never hurts to just rotate a password or two for peace of mind, too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol sorry i was just brushing my teeth

so: i had actually forgotten about this but it turns out i have two amazon accounts, there's one i use my "main" email with, which is what they emailed, but is not my "main" amazon account. the other i switched to sometime in 2011 apparently but is the one i use for most stuff and was still logged into when i went to amazon.com, so i had dismissed the email as false. but then i remembered the other one

that one gave me this when trying to login

but i'm nearly certain i've seen that screen before. it comes up after you haven't logged in for a while, which i certainly haven't with that account (...although, now that i think about it, i might have tried to use that account on android)

i guess i'll go through the reset hoops and see what happens but that email says i need to call them to re-enable the account, which makes me think it's just the first thing (that i haven't logged into it in a long time). so it might still be phishing. lets see

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hbag posted:

did you check the headers

idk how to do that with ios mail. lemme go look on gmail

e: looks legit to me

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 1, 2023

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Just do like I do when I get an email about mandatory training and ignore it until somebody makes you do something

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it's real

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
looks like disabling my account killed sandra day o'connor. good job amazon

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Beeftweeter posted:

looks like disabling my account killed sandra day o'connor. good job amazon

i thought she died years ago

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CPColin posted:

Just do like I do when I get an email about mandatory training and ignore it until somebody makes you do something

i have built up 6 backlogged trainings and my boss finally hit me with the “dude”

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

why do these 90+ year olds keep dying?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

why are people on about readable code anyway? reading code is what computers are for

Object-oriented source code is never human-readable.

BASIC, assembly language, COBOL, they're eminently readable.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

akadajet posted:

vaxxed?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

akadajet posted:

the vaxx