Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

I mean car guys have known that many of the Teslas are objectively faster than a lot of sports cars stock in a straight line ever since they came out because that's the nature of electric vehicles, but many people would rather get like any other car that's "slower" just to have an infinitely better experience with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Anora posted:

What's great is, if twitter shuts down, this little poo poo's entire relevance is over.

It's fascinating how fragile the thing that gives them their "importance"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That's the sound of a real American making a purchase

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

tangent, but holy poo poo "how could I be an anti-semite if I am wearing the dog tags of an apartheid state's security forces, where said state regularly presumes to speak on behalf of an entire ethnic diaspora and an entire major religion :agesilaus: "

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

I mean car guys have known that many of the Teslas are objectively faster than a lot of sports cars stock in a straight line ever since they came out because that's the nature of electric vehicles, but many people would rather get like any other car that's "slower" just to have an infinitely better experience with everything else.

being an uninformed idiot focused on one or two metrics to the detriment of everything else is an extremely American businessman thing, though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This ice maker has the fastest 0-60 time of any ice maker on the market!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Anora posted:

What's great is, if twitter shuts down, this little poo poo's entire relevance is over.

still don't think it's going to shut down, there are still people who would buy it from Elon, even if at an extremely reduced price and with the website's traction and creditability completely loving shredded

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i will say the cybertruck thread on hackernews has way more negative commentary than i expected. that site is usually infested with his fans and i think he might actually be starting to lose some of true believers.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

lol it's funny guys because we broke the window that one time

also, you can buy this garbage (but not the truck)

That's more egregious than your typical apple markups, a hilarious price for that tent

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

all that a new buyer would have to do is post "Hitler was bad, I'm glad he killed himself, and that wannabe bad boy Trump can gently caress himself too" for half of the user base of Mastodon and Bluesky to immediately jump back

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tesla is the perfect car for drivers who live in frictionless vacuum and if we assume the car to be an idealized point mass...

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Dicty Bojangles posted:

Gosh I sure do love a tent that drains into itself when it rains :dumbbravo:

You won't care

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Anora posted:

I would argue that being Elon's Salacious Crumb #13 does not constitute "relevance"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

I spent over 4 years charging my BMW i3 on a 120v outlet and almost a year charging my Mach-E on the same outlet with zero issues. Like, a standard outlet, the kind that are completely normal on the exterior of houses.

People are severely exaggerating the charging problem, plenty of kind of lovely apartment complexes have garages you can rent with 120v outlets inside.

Four years to charge an i3 on 120v? That seems excessive

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dicty Bojangles posted:

I don't think it often rains at Burning Man *listens to earpiece* oh, lol.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Potato Salad posted:

still don't think it's going to shut down, there are still people who would buy it from Elon, even if at an extremely reduced price and with the website's traction and creditability completely loving shredded

I don't know if I can imagine Elon ever selling though.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dicty Bojangles posted:

If you know a better way to supply water to dump on the batteries for electrolysis to generate hydrogen to burn to generate heat for the thin nylon tent I'd like to hear it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

For real, the second the road is no longer straight that Porsche is back in the lead by a lap. Just like the plaid, it can only go fast in a straight line and only after a full minute of prep time

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Curious how Palestinians are supposed to power their starlinks

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sir Tonk posted:

That's more egregious than your typical apple markups, a hilarious price for that tent

Yeah 3000 bucks for a tent that's really nothing more than an awning is hilarious. I've seen actual tents that cost a fraction of the price that have separate chambers for each occupant and still enough space in between them that you could park the Cybertruck inside

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sir Tonk posted:

Doesn't matter anyway

https://www.ft.com/content/67a874e3-42fb-4c69-8d74-212f2fed5d0e posted:

But on Monday, Israeli communications minister Shlomo Karhi posted on X that the entrepreneur had “reach[ed] a principle understanding” with the ministry. “Starlink satellite units can only be operated in Israel with the approval of the Israeli Ministry of Communications, including the Gaza Strip,” Karhi said.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Tonk posted:

The tent markup is really crazy.

Truck tents are like $100 lol

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
A friend of a friend is a higher up at Tesla (went there long before the true Musk was revealed, but has since stayed, so you know). I need to ask my friend why his friend did such a bad job designing the suspension on the cybertruck.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sir Tonk posted:

For real, the second the road is no longer straight that Porsche is back in the lead by a lap. Just like the plaid, it can only go fast in a straight line and only after a full minute of prep time

True. I do oval track racing and there's a Plaid at my local place that takes off from the line faster than anything else that shows up, and usually wins handily, but it's often pretty close by the end with the competitive ones

(no matter how much power it has it's heavy as gently caress and hard to turn)

e: this guy took the body off to reduce all possible weight and made a cage-kart sort of thing out of his plaid lmao

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 1, 2023

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what is it with tesla and not understanding rain

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

Can't they just plug them into their Teslas?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

concerning

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Three Olives posted:

I spent over 4 years charging my BMW i3 on a 120v outlet and almost a year charging my Mach-E on the same outlet with zero issues. Like, a standard outlet, the kind that are completely normal on the exterior of houses.

People are severely exaggerating the charging problem, plenty of kind of lovely apartment complexes have garages you can rent with 120v outlets inside.

There is no people exaggerating here. Just me telling you the shape of things. Snaking an extension cord out to my car overnight is not feasible. What happens when some rear end in a top hat unplugs it during the night? Also I've lived in a fair few lovely apartment complexes and have never seen one with a garage. It feels like our conception of what is lovely and what is not are very far divorced from one another.

I'd love to have an electric car. It's just not feasible due to all the dicking around you have to do with them on top of the cost and that you can't really get them used.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

YOURFRIEND posted:

There is no people exaggerating here. Just me telling you the shape of things. Snaking an extension cord out to my car overnight is not feasible. What happens when some rear end in a top hat unplugs it during the night? Also I've lived in a fair few lovely apartment complexes and have never seen one with a garage. It feels like our conception of what is lovely and what is not are very far divorced from one another.

Three olives is known to be an out of touch rich dude who wouldn’t be caught dead in the poor part of town, and really likes to tell all of us how nice his condo is

Don’t spend the time trying to square the circle, you were correct with your last line

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Lmao running an extension cord from inside an apartment hundreds of feet to the parking lot every night to charge your car

LMAO

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

maybeadracula posted:

Lmao running an extension cord from inside an apartment hundreds of feet to the parking lot every night to charge your car

LMAO

Just have the complex valet pull your electric vehicle up to one of the temp controlled charging spaces close to a recharge port

Bing bong, so simple, why not done

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The last apartment complex I lived in, someone with a second floor apartment had a big gently caress off cord running from their porch down to the parking lot to charge their EV haha

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Brb, parking my $40k car at out front of my apartment and running a cable from the second story window.

E: lol

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Why not simply buy a house or two? And, I dunno, maybe an extension cord or something. That's just the price for freedom of speech friends

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

looks at bank
Yeah i can afford a few extension cords, but idk where the electric vehicle money is going to come from.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Konar posted:

The last apartment complex I lived in, someone with a second floor apartment had a big gently caress off cord running from their porch down to the parking lot to charge their EV haha

Grey Cat posted:

Brb, parking my $40k car at out front of my apartment and running a cable from the second story window.

E: lol
:trumppop:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just ask your building manager to install a charging outlet next to where you park so you dont have to pay for the electricity or run cords

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Three Olives posted:

I spent over 4 years charging my BMW i3 on a 120v outlet and almost a year charging my Mach-E on the same outlet with zero issues

It shouldn't take this long to charge your car, idiot. I would expect a proper setup to take like an hour tops. 4 years is way too slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

thathonkey posted:

just ask your building manager to install a charging outlet next to where you park so you dont have to pay for the electricity or run cords

Alternatively: just because you're the one with the cord, doesn't mean you have to plug it in to your outlet.