Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

1glitch0 posted:

Henry Kissenger is dead and I don't know how to accept that.

https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1730043734119665961?t=8MarTtPv5cHDKb8ZFWeH6A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Henry Kissinger, known as the "CM Punk Of Foreign Policy", has passed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

“I’m home” - Henry Kissinger cutting a promo in hell

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also, seeing cody just declare for the rumble reminds me of my favorite wwe thing around this time: that some people have to win qualifiers, others can just tweet that they're in, and sometimes you can lose your qualifier and still just tweet that you're in the rumble and it works.

It's a very serious and consistent ruleset.

E: also, i remembered cagematch has a review section for wrestlers so i thought I'd see what the stans have posted since his return:

Don't be sob about the Kanye West of WWE.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 30, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lmfao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm Wolf Blitzer and you're in The Situation Room.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

Also, seeing cody just declare for the rumble reminds me of my favorite wwe thing around this time: that some people have to win qualifiers, others can just tweet that they're in, and sometimes you can lose your qualifier and still just tweet that you're in the rumble and it works.

E: also, i remembered cagematch has a review section for wrestlers so i thought I'd see what the stans have posted since his return:

Always great when the rave reviews of your return have the same energy as a eulogy.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

projecthalaxy posted:

Alright enough is enough

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlingHumble/status/1730286834318766283?s=20

lmfao

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pretend I posted that one Gordon Ramsey meme.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:
CM Punk returned tonight.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Alright enough is enough

sorry

i was very annoyed at (at the time) indefinite delays at the airport and was Doing Bits as a coping mechanism i know the fed thread deserves more considered posts

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol that everyone is like "meh" about Punk but then can't stop praising Orton and saying how happy they are he's back

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ibexaz posted:

HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:

:lmao: that is it exactly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ibexaz posted:

HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol get hosed punk.

Also every time I hear Kevin talk he makes me think of Will Sasso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfeC2HxziqI

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kevin Owens had the WWE career Punk always wanted.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Shard posted:

Kevin Owens had the WWE career Punk always wanted.

Kevin Owens had almost exactly the same WWE career as Punk, but without the ambition and desperation.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Plus a (night 1) Mania main event against Steve Austin

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

incredible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

projecthalaxy posted:

Or the time Foley just beat up a rumble participant right before he was going to go out so Austin was like you motherfucker. you better get your rear end out there now

e: although that whipped rear end

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 30, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

He didn't tweet it, he declared it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can’t wait for the Royal Rumble

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Grendels Dad posted:

Kevin Owens had almost exactly the same WWE career as Punk, but without the ambition and desperation.

He's also a better worker than Punk and less awful to be around.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Is this shoot interview with Punk well known? I didn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebsBgngMVGU&t=3353s

I mean, he and Cabana were a huge dick to a girl aspiring to be a wrestler, and intentionally hurt her. That seems pretty bad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's one of those things that is known but not really commented on and certainly hasn't gotten in the way of most people being fans of either of them.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Most tend to look at it as Punk/Colt being young and stupid and being knee deep in wrestling so they don't hold against them especially since nothing really awful like that has come out since.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stuff from Dave:

The company last went to Warner with a pitch for Raw TV rights but asked for too much. Current leader/expected place it's to go is FX; Dave thinks it's going to be close to $2bil
Long-term plan is Reigns/Punk; comedy option/thus the likely option is Reigns retains over Cody (expected), the "Heyman guy" quote comes into play and Heyman picks Punk, Reigns ends up face and retaining over Punk
Punk has the top 3 merch sales this week; rest of the top 5 is LA Knight and Jey Uso. First time in a while Reigns is out of the weekly top 5

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Cody getting hosed over a second year in a row is the funniest possible option so that's probably what's gonna happen

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Roman even on tv every week at least

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Chris James 2 posted:

Long-term plan is Reigns/Punk; comedy option/thus the likely option is Reigns retains over Cody (expected), the "Heyman guy" quote comes into play and Heyman picks Punk, Reigns ends up face and retaining over Punk

:pray:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

Stuff from Dave:
comedy option/thus the likely option is Reigns retains over Cody (expected), the "Heyman guy"

Digital Jedi posted:

But on the other hand, L M A O if Punk derails Cody's chance at the title

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Drakkel posted:

Cody getting hosed over a second year in a row is the funniest possible option so that's probably what's gonna happen

"Hey Tony, funny story but Brandi is SUPER happy being a stay at home mom. Go figure, right? Anyway, how are things with you?"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cody getting hosed over AND Roman becoming a limp face again?! Oh this is too much

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I used to think that wwe's problem was that they have nobody credible to beat reigns, but I was in retrospect wrong. They have plenty of credible people, they're just terrified of taking the title off him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Eagerly anticipating Cody's AEW return promo which is just Punk's WWE return promo word for word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

Is this shoot interview with Punk well known? I didn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebsBgngMVGU&t=3353s

I mean, he and Cabana were a huge dick to a girl aspiring to be a wrestler, and intentionally hurt her. That seems pretty bad.

In my experience, nearly any old shoot video from that time period will have at least one thing that has aged enormously poorly

It is kinda incredible how long ago and yet how not long ago the early 2000s feels