Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Oilers really do look like a hockey team again.

The Vegas game was 60 minutes of good hockey; didn't watch this Jets game live, but I see the penalty killing streak got broken.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars steal another point in a game they never deserved to get through 60 against a less talented team

the Pts/GP(<30% XG) is off the charts in Dallas!

I kind of hate my team even though they are near the top of the standings which I'm pretty sure is crazy person thought.. I just see no evidence to suggest any other result than getting run over in the playoffs by the first team that has players that can outskate Jani Hakanpaa, Esa Lindell and Ryan Suter (probably most of the likely playoff teams, maybe not Minnesota if they face them again)

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIi96PhMSZU

some brutal hits on Marchand from Givani Smith and on Carpenter by McAvoy. also Frederic getting owned again lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

thanks for letting me know I don't need to click the link

https://twitter.com/oilyedits/status/1728181602990334291

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s a suspension for Smith.

Not really because it’s the NHL, but that’s the most boarding you can do.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i honestly had to look it up because I know I lean on the side of defending hits but all I heard was this hit was a 5 and a game:

and was incredibly confused. but then seeing the replay and it's definitely the ref's fault (and Luke's for not Protecting Yourself At All Times, Touch Gloves):

that's such a late whistle, jeeze!

I think that’s probably 5+game for boarding without the icing call too. It’s a lovely hit and it’s lifting him up so he goes flying into the boards.

I too like a good hit, but that wasn’t one of them. Hathaway took a bad angle and it’s his responsibility either way to make sure he’s not pasting anyone dangerously into the boards. He should know that both Hughes weigh a combined 127lbs and will go flying like a kite on a windy day.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Brock Boeser is leading the league in scoring

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

some brutal hits on Marchand from Givani Smith and on Carpenter by McAvoy. also Frederic getting owned again lol

fuckin lmao at jack defending that lovely board by mcavoy

frederic def lost that fight but he did well for himself coming back to his feet after what seemed like the early KO

gently caress boston

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Don't look now but the Coyotes just beat the last 3 Cup champions in a row and look like they are starting to put it together. I've watched a lot of losing Coyotes teams over the year and this group just looks a little less frantic. Also nice to see they finally made a choice in net, who woulda thought picking the guy that is 8-3 over the one that is 2-8. That is one good thing the Coyotes have going for them, they know how to develop goalies. First Keumper, then Rantta, now Ingram seems to be the real deal. Hell, I'll take credit for Hill too, why not?

Still unsure if they are a playoff team or not, but it makes me feel good to see deliberate winning instead of happening to win every now and then.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Pleads posted:

gently caress boston

Amen

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

Stars steal another point in a game they never deserved to get through 60 against a less talented team

the Pts/GP(<30% XG) is off the charts in Dallas!

I kind of hate my team even though they are near the top of the standings which I'm pretty sure is crazy person thought.. I just see no evidence to suggest any other result than getting run over in the playoffs by the first team that has players that can outskate Jani Hakanpaa, Esa Lindell and Ryan Suter (probably most of the likely playoff teams, maybe not Minnesota if they face them again)

Suter just needs. A. Few. More. Minutes. Per. Game.

He's gonna be up to 35 in the playoffs. It stinks!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pleads posted:

fuckin lmao at jack defending that lovely board by mcavoy

frederic def lost that fight but he did well for himself coming back to his feet after what seemed like the early KO

gently caress boston

I watched it on mute but he came to a stop and turned to face the boards when McAvoy was already at the goal line, so that probably only gets called because of what had happened previously

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

darkwolf220 posted:

I've watched a lot of losing Coyotes teams over the year.

Have you reached out to anyone for help ? PTSD is real.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AvsRobin/status/1730278436617286054

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
If the Flames can continue to play entertaining hockey while selling Lindholm and Tanev (I actually wouldn't mind keeping Hanifin around given his age range/reported deal on the table, and he's been pretty good this year, maybe finally turning that corner) then that's cool. Also if the Oilers can start to lose again that would be cool because it was way funnier

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Huberdeau got 3 points last night. Finally his contract is paying off.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrT6P5Mdfx0

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This was cool as gently caress

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Caps have the fewest GF of any team not the Sharks and are somehow still 7-2-1 in their last 10 and in a playoff spot.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://x.com/GrindLinePod/status/1730595160960946364?s=20

gently caress me thats horrible

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

:smith:

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Chad Sexington posted:

Caps have the fewest GF of any team not the Sharks and are somehow still 7-2-1 in their last 10 and in a playoff spot.

Tom Wilson is cool and good and anyone who disagrees can fight him over it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah their GF % is quite bad too. They sure seem like they're due for a plummet but I just watched the Devils give up 48 shots to the Flyers so it's not like the teams behind them are world beaters

Also man does Ovi look toast this year.

https://x.com/hockeystatcards/status/1730631689226121522?s=20

He looked like Jeff Carter last night, just completely past it

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 1, 2023

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Eh, the Flyers had much more quantity than quality last night.

Tonight’s a good night for the Devils to keep their streak going. Excited for another Vanecek stinker

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Two games tonight, both 7pm starts. Great league, no notes

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

T-Bone posted:

Also man does Ovi look toast this year.

https://x.com/hockeystatcards/status/1730631689226121522?s=20

To answer the tweeterer's question, yes he always sits by the door.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Two games tonight, both 7pm starts. Great league, no notes

Yeah, both 4pm starts. Looking forward to not watching those games.

I wasn't going to watch -those- games anyway at least.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Marner got a hatty and the OT winner so hopefully that's the start of him not putting so much pressure on himself and just playing the game

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

Eh, the Flyers had much more quantity than quality last night.

Tonight’s a good night for the Devils to keep their streak going. Excited for another Vanecek stinker

Agreed but you'd also expect a team with deep playoff aspirations to handle that game way better. Their 5v5 numbers aren't bad but they're a clear step down from last year.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Also oh poo poo

https://x.com/ryannovo62/status/1730646487099462028?s=20

Coincides with Dougie to the IR tho

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

T-Bone posted:

How dare you

Jeff Carter scored a goal last night, I'll have you know

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

i honestly had to look it up because I know I lean on the side of defending hits but all I heard was this hit was a 5 and a game:

https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1730386639514382579?s=20

and was incredibly confused. but then seeing the replay and it's definitely the ref's fault (and Luke's for not Protecting Yourself At All Times, Touch Gloves):

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1730389574612861249?s=20

that's such a late whistle, jeeze!

That's a bad call on Hathaway. (Counterpoint: gently caress Garnet Hathaway.)

That's a bad hit on Marchand. (Counterpoint: gently caress Brad Marchand.)

Also, I didn't realize getting hit in the head with a stick swung in your direction was "getting owned".

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, I didn't realize getting hit in the head with a stick swung in your direction was "getting owned".

Fool me once...

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

Agreed but you'd also expect a team with deep playoff aspirations to handle that game way better. Their 5v5 numbers aren't bad but they're a clear step down from last year.

Don’t disagree that they’ve been far more vulnerable defensively, but they also haven’t had a fully healthy lineup all year (and won’t for the foreseeable future). Fortunately they’ve had big time contributions from Luke, McLeod (who knew?) and Holtz who seems to be putting it together.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

(cope) losing dougie is obviously a downgrade no matter what, but they've got the offensive depth to keep scoring anyway and I remember some really lazy defensive zone plays from him this year so maybe they'll actually be fine

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
McLeod really has looked amazing lately. Hopefully he's not a rapist.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://x.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1730689708462624929?s=20

Man he shoulda aimed for the head

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

my guy was crosschecked from behind after the play about 3 feet away from the boards which didn't warrant a matching minor apparently

not to belabor the point but it's stupid that konecny and his team were rewarded for him starting poo poo in the most cowardly way possible

secret volcano lair fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 1, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao he gave him a light shove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Whatever but it's pretty funny that trouba has some kind of weird as ranger freak immunity.