Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Anyone else use xbdeals to track sales? Never had a problem with it before but it seems like the sales prices aren't matching the actual store prices. xbdeals says AssCreed Valhalla is 14.99, store says it's 59.99. xbdeals says South Park Fractured Butthole is 12.49, store says it's 49.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Kevyn posted:

Anyone else use xbdeals to track sales? Never had a problem with it before but it seems like the sales prices aren't matching the actual store prices. xbdeals says AssCreed Valhalla is 14.99, store says it's 59.99. xbdeals says South Park Fractured Butthole is 12.49, store says it's 49.99.

what does it do with good games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

webmeister posted:

welp, my Rewards account has been suspended

guess it was good while it lasted, just wish i could cash out the precious 60,000 mindshare points i'd been saving up

edit; looks like a pretty big ban wave went out, so cash in your mindshare points if you've still got em

The xbox is fail now

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Selling my failbox for Microsoft has spurned my mindshare

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

TheScott2K posted:

what does it do with good games

I already own all the good games

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Thread title plzzzzz

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Kevyn posted:

I already own all the good games

Same

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

GTA 6 trailer drops next Tuesday. Nice.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Soul Glo posted:

I just bought Remnant 2 on Steam

You’re all welcome

Mind buying Baldur’s Gate 3?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Mind buying Baldur’s Gate 3?

I did at launch!!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also axed, oh well!

I wasn't even macroing or anything, I just had a folder of bookmarks I'd "launch all in new window" every morning, then manually click through everything else properly. It seems like the writing was on the wall anyway, though, for points being a valid way to pay for Pass indefinitely, and that was really the only reason I bought an Xbox in the first place.

e: reddit says some folks previously got banned then it was reversed in a couple of days. I was only holding around 25k, so no huge loss, but maybe there's hope.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 1, 2023

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The thing where you open up a bunch of bookmarks for search terms has always been a bannable offense, just like using that one browser extension that does it for you.

I guess they're just really cracking down on it now.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I can't cash my points because apparently there's no phone number associated with my account and I can't add one. I've been going back and forth with MS support for a week now. They acknowledge something is just hosed on their end and are trying to fix it. But they have no idea how. I missed the BF deals (although they swear they're going to honor any BF deal once everything is unfucked).

Anybody ever had a problem with this? I have two MS accounts and the phone number was associated with my work one. But we (MS and I) made sure it was totally removed from that. Just can't add it to my personal account my gamertag is associated with.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I tried buying Amazon gift credit and got a "your account has been suspended" message. But it still lets me buy Xbpx credit.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

John F Bennett posted:

The thing where you open up a bunch of bookmarks for search terms has always been a bannable offense, just like using that one browser extension that does it for you.

I guess they're just really cracking down on it now.

Ah well, do the crime pay the time I guess.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Kevyn posted:

It seems like they haven't updated the prices on their end, because those deals just ended.

I use TrueAchievements for price tracking and it is working correctly.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Kevyn posted:

I tried buying Amazon gift credit and got a "your account has been suspended" message. But it still lets me buy Xbpx credit.

Yeah the Amazon redemption has always been weird and never worked on browser for me. I was able to redeem Amazon through the Bing app though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Hell yeah, 2024 please

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Even with the cuts I should be able to keep up GPU indefinitely.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Even with the cuts I should be able to keep up GPU indefinitely.

What’s your gamer tag so I can report your rear end

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

FC6 is solidly good.

It knows it’s a video game. It winks about this directly to the player. “Blowing poo poo up is fun,” is the reason the old revolutionary gives the player character.

There’s quality of life improvements like reducing looting animations so youre not skinning animals or whatever. The plot doesn’t hinge on icky both sidesisms like 4’s path choices, it doesn’t force you down plot hallways like 5’s kidnapping sections. There’s no side-eye worthy colonialism like 3.

I am a modern FC apologist; I enjoy playing them, but 6 is the first one that I would say doesn’t have a bunch of easy poo poo to point at to say it sucks. It’s an open world shootyman, it is still One Of These, but it’s a fun one, without reservation.

e: i played the piss5 version i have no idea how it runs on the xbox or pc

Ya Ubisoft games are super formulaic and lack creativity but they have great production value and usually the settings are fun to explore. For me they are the perfect filler game, I will make some nice tea and find a long interesting podcast. Play FC or AC on the side. I usually get burned out after I play one of those so I take a break from them after I am done.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1730668731452330087?s=20

Full article : https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/phil-spencer-jez-corden-xbox-interview-2023

About reviving old Activision ip's :

Uncle Phil posted:

It might not happen on the timeline that people would love, but usually when I tease, there's something there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No timeline yet about when we might start seeing Blizzard/Activision games on Game Pass?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a lot of bullshit words to say we’ve got sweet gently caress all games coming!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

More ceo talk and underpromising and this is why Xbox will continue to cry about being beaten by Sony and Nintendo

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Can’t wait to see what red bubble t-shirt he’ll wear at the game awards

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

For real. It’s a disgrace!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Give me the tony hawk game Phil. Do it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sekiro belongs to From, they just had a deal with activision for US publishing and distribution. It doesn’t belong to MS.

Edit: I meant western publishing and distribution :doh:

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 1, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Sekiro belongs to From, they just had a deal with activision for US publishing and distribution. It doesn’t belong to MS.

don’t do this to me

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

69 billion for 1 0 good games

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

spaceblancmange posted:

69 billion for King Games

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Just googled and Fromsoft published it themselves in Japan??? I had no idea

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

69 billion for 1 0 good games

Yuppppp

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Make WoW sub free with Game Pass.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

kri kri posted:

What’s your gamer tag so I can report your rear end

LammasuRex

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

John F Bennett posted:

Big booty latinas incoming!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I said come in! posted:

Make WoW sub free with Game Pass.

Xbox version when, phil???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

No timeline yet about when we might start seeing Blizzard/Activision games on Game Pass?
They were saying "early next year" shortly before the deal was finalized. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably late Jan-mid Feb.