Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

anime was right posted:

probably gonna be one of the dumbest things ill ever post anywhere but i had a dream last night the earliest part which i remember was driving the cybertruck on a highway and using autopilot and going "this isnt so bad" and then immediately crashing. this somehow leads to elon thinking im trying to take down tesla and his plan to stop me is to freaky friday himself with me??? he then like tries to ruin my life and the worst he can do is sticking my head into vat or bucket or something of bugs and my head gets a bunch of bumpy red marks but then switches back and then he realizes i know the embarrassing secret of his hog so he sends a USPS assassin after me in my regular body (who looks like pedro from napoleon dynamite) and during the escape i discover that his stock tanked because during that weekend he unveiled "cybertruck boat shoes" that looked something like this:

like, they were shaped like a cybertruck and had stainless steel but were colored/painted like that and they were super chunky and you put your feet inside what looked like the actual interior of a boat

now if you excuse me i think i need to go die

We've got a successor to hulk hogan meat shoes finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
she'll be fired for cause like Parag and sent back with an expired work visa

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Knight posted:

He's going to try to fire her in some tantrum and she's going to have to go through the courts for any of that

Gotta get your severance package put into a trust so your psycho rear end in a top hat company owner can't screw you out of it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

We've already lol'ed at the lack of side airbags, but I'm lmao'ing at the rear passenger in the TRK.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

tenderjerk posted:

that letter sounds like she is trying to convince herself

Drug testing at X is a little different (it's the most maverick company after all).

"Hey Linda, your Ketamine levels are a bit low today. Have you been microdosing at all? Here, you can have some of mine. Now go and hype up the boss for his epic interview, we need to keep that in the limelight as long as humanly possible."

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nothus posted:

We've already lol'ed at the lack of side airbags, but I'm lmao'ing at the rear passenger in the TRK.

Front seat safety is always better in cars, so what if we just threw the backseat passengers toward the front seat?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
id like to think an engineer tried telling elon that crumple zones are actually a feature and not a bug and was immediately fired for it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Front seat safety is always better in cars, so what if we just threw the backseat passengers toward the front seat?

im just stunned that they do not even seem to have pretensioning in the back lmao

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Crumple zones are giving up, they're admitting defeat. I want cars that are so stiff they don't deform at all

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Justin Tyme posted:

We've got a successor to hulk hogan meat shoes finally

Eventually it was found out the meat shoes were based on a real thing so I think it's GOAT

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Crumple zones are giving up, they're admitting defeat. I want cars that are so stiff they don't deform at all

"The problem with cars nowadays is they're all made out of plastic, shatters at the first sign of a crash. Back in my day, you could hammer out the dents and have it looking good as new with a little elbow grease!"

Why yes, the person who said this DID know people who died in car crashes when the hood sliced them in two, why do you ask?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
thank you, brandon dollar designs

https://twitter.com/Studio89_Design/status/1730636946601345457?s=20

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

The world’s richest man remains desperate for our attention

New York CNN —

quote:

Elon Musk desperately wants to be liked, despite his pronouncement Wednesday that he doesn’t mind being hated. “Hate away,” he told Andrew Ross Sorkin at the New York Times DealBook Summit.

The sentiment is, like so much of Musk’s public persona, a lie designed to keep the public’s focus squarely on him.

At the risk of over-pathologizing one of the most pathologized public figures on the planet, one thing Musk’s interview made clear is that he appears addicted to attention. And when adoration isn’t available, he’ll take condemnation like a shot of methadone.

It’s why he bought a $44 billion personal megaphone. It’s why, at the Wednesday summit, he told advertisers that are leaving X (formerly Twitter) to “go f**k yourself,” relishing each word as he seemed to pat himself on the back for using such spicy language in front of a New York Times reporter.

Watching the interview, even online, you can feel the awkward energy of that moment — cringeworthy for some, but seemingly invigorating for Musk.

For better or worse, Musk and his antics matter because of the power he wields as an Extremely Rich Guy and the head of some of the most influential companies on Earth. If we can’t stop pathologizing, it’s because nearly every business decision Musk makes has ripple effects that matter down the line to regular people, whether they’re buying a Tesla in California or fighting a ground war in Eastern Europe.

Increasingly, Musk is positioning himself as a public intellectual and someone with a role to play in global affairs like Israel’s war on Hamas. He clearly has the power (read: money) to inject himself into the middle of any conflict, but he lacks the maturity to use that power for much besides grandstanding.

The trip to Israel followed his endorsement of an explicitly antisemitic tweet that sparked an advertiser exodus on X. He called the post — which amplified a conspiracy theory popular among White supremacists, that Jewish communities push “hatred against Whites” — “the actual truth.” (On Wednesday, Musk swore the visit to Israel was not some kind of “apology tour,” another statement that strains credulity given the timing.)

He is doing his best to combat accusations of antisemitism by stating that he is not antisemitic. But his past words and actions don’t do much to back up that claim.

Musk has a long history, visible on his X timeline, of liking and otherwise propping up antisemitism, hate speech and conspiracy theories on the platform over which he exerts absolute control and where he boasts a following of more than 160 million accounts.

On Wednesday, Musk sought to shrug off his most recent anti-Jewish post as a “foolish” mistake that got misinterpreted by the media. But even if that were true, we’d still have his Twitter feed, which is littered with banter with QAnon conspiracy theorists, many of whom had been banned from the platform before Musk resurrected their accounts.

Just days after the antisemitic tweet that sparked an advertiser exodus, Musk moved on to engage with the “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory, breathing life into a 2016 lie that prompted a man to open fire in a DC restaurant.

It should go without saying, but you don’t have to hold animosity in your heart to be a bigot. Tolerating bigotry, and giving air to it, in front of an audience of 160 million followers, is all it takes.

Musk clearly has “a fairly straightforward case of internet brain rot,” as the Atlantic writer Charlie Warzel put it in a Threads post. “We know who this guy is by now but he absolutely isn’t going away.”

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If you die in a cybertruck you immediately enter valhalla

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's hard to think that just a few years ago Musk was getting cameos in marvel movies and doting Simpsons' episodes based around his brilliance

and it's funnier to think that those brands are stuck with the association forever, they can't just chop him out

normies love musk. it isn't a problem.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

sharknado slashfic posted:

If you die in a cybertruck you immediately enter valhalla

mad musk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the passengers aren't dead, you fool, they've simply been released from caring. this is a directed attack against tesla, akin to blackmail (for money) and another example of cancel culture and censorship against my free* speech. go gently caress yourself

* $8
$-3492 after estimated 3 years gas savings

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
"if you are in an argument with another car you will win*"

*the win will be pyrrhic

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

tenderjerk posted:

"if you are in an argument with another car you will win*"

*the win will be pyrrhic

this is not bloodm in my mouth, it's victory wine

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Disney has one of the best catalogues in streaming including lots of old, violent, and racey movies. I just watched Commando on there for the first time and it owned.

Meanwhile X has a bunch of whiney nerds

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

also speaking of mvoies

not real

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Durf posted:

also speaking of mvoies

not real

I can already tell that that's fake because Eliot Page would have to be covered in so much ugly makeup to properly look like Musk. he's nowhere near lumpy and squinty enough for the role, imho

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the commando tool shed scene is a classic

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Anyone know what would happen differently if the cybertruck test used the half-wall thingy like the others instead of a full flat wall?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the cybertruck is actually like those really stupid ramp-configurations from battlebots it will simply scoop up an f150 and win

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the commando tool shed scene is a classic

lol when he looked at the buzzsaws I was like "no way". ridiculous

and was this the first movie to have a loadout scene

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

SatansOnion posted:

I can already tell that that's fake because Eliot Page would have to be covered in so much ugly makeup to properly look like Musk. he's nowhere near lumpy and squinty enough for the role, imho

oh for sure not now, but shave above his forehead and he could easily pass as young musk

then any aging makeup would be additive which works for a lumpy mess like Musk

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

X loves you

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
commando does fuckin own. isnt that the one where he kills a dude by hurling a pipe like a javelin too

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

anime was right posted:

probably gonna be one of the dumbest things ill ever post anywhere but i had a dream last night the earliest part which i remember was driving the cybertruck on a highway and using autopilot and going "this isnt so bad" and then immediately crashing. this somehow leads to elon thinking im trying to take down tesla and his plan to stop me is to freaky friday himself with me??? he then like tries to ruin my life and the worst he can do is sticking my head into vat or bucket or something of bugs and my head gets a bunch of bumpy red marks but then switches back and then he realizes i know the embarrassing secret of his hog so he sends a USPS assassin after me in my regular body (who looks like pedro from napoleon dynamite) and during the escape i discover that his stock tanked because during that weekend he unveiled "cybertruck boat shoes" that looked something like this:

like, they were shaped like a cybertruck and had stainless steel but were colored/painted like that and they were super chunky and you put your feet inside what looked like the actual interior of a boat

now if you excuse me i think i need to go die

Can't even open the jerky drawer without a connected cellphone smdh

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

After almost 11 years, my Tesla Model S has been put out to pasture.

I had a little over 80K. Over the years, aside from some minor teething troubles right after purchase, it had two major failures--I broke the drive unit and late last year, the main-battery-to-aux-battery charger failed, the Achilles Heel of all EVs, as I understand it, and Tesla service had no replacements, new or refurbished, leaving me without a car for four months.

I'm kind of sad to see it go. I loved that car,

You cut out the best part:

quote:

I'm kind of sad to see it go. I loved that car, but I don't really want to deal with Tesla service again. If the build quality on new ones hadn't fallen through the floor, I'd have gotten a new Model S. As it is, I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

Sure the car was poo poo and dead after 80k miles and their support is terrible, but I still almost bought another one.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

thathonkey posted:

commando does fuckin own. isnt that the one where he kills a dude by hurling a pipe like a javelin too
Yes, and cybertruck can prevent this

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lmao no loving way. i had to check that this was real.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

thathonkey posted:

yeah and it stabs through him into a boiler and steam shoots out and Arnold goes "let off some steam, bennett"

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Durf posted:

lol when he looked at the buzzsaws I was like "no way". ridiculous

and was this the first movie to have a loadout scene

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I could be wrong but I feel like one of the Rambos did the loadout montage before Commando

and there's a funny parody of it in Hot Shots

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I can almost guarantee there's a western with a loadout montage.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

my tummy hurts

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Lladre posted:

This lady's career is over isn't it? It's hard enough being a woman in that environment and now she's bandleading her company to lose it's income. How does she recover from this?

the opportunity to step in and be a CEO for a failing company like this are great for the individual. You can get a really lucrative parachute regardless so you are fine there and if the company ultimately fails, nobody expected it to thrive anyway so there's no reputational hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

:(