Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

biznatchio posted:

100% unnecessary and probably only done because Elon stumbled into the design room in a ketamine fit one day and demanded they come up with something that could be called 'airbending' like in the animes so he could post about it on Twitter for the memes.

except musk has never said anything about Avatar:TLAB so he's probably never seen it or his weirdly selective group of muskrats have never mentioned it to him.

remember musk is fake nerd that only mentions the most surface shallowest REFERENCE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i've never seen avatar or any other anime (they are pure evil) and ive heard the term. that's definitely exactly what he did

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah I dunno if the guy is implying they actually bend the sheets with air or if he’s just lying

https://www.packairinc.com/products/air-conveyors/air-tables/

https://www.doucetinc.com/en/products/40/air-table

I went to school with this guy and have a friend who was great friends with him. He told me that guy once reached his bare arm into a clogged toilet at their fraternity to unclog it. Let that sink in.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1730682392212324426?t=SjLqCm_w1eRksPWu24u5_g&s=19

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Run the math Elon! Enhance!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

except musk has never said anything about Avatar:TLAB so he's probably never seen it or his weirdly selective group of muskrats have never mentioned it to him.

remember musk is fake nerd that only mentions the most surface shallowest REFERENCE.

FIRE NATION

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Careful guys, this is nearly economic blackmail

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You blackmail ME, with MONEY? Bill Walton?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Some fun bits I've picked up from YouTube reviews lol

-It ships with sideview mirrors but they are completely removable lol

-The tires are custom lol

-The wheel faces that you see are plastic covers lol

-The corners of the sheet metal are razor sharp lol

-Every truck is slightly different in terms of panel gaps because consistently bending stainless steel is hard lol

-With the bed cover closed you have absolutely no rear facing visibility lol

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Hey, with a range extender and spare tire you no longer have ANY bed space!

Genius!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nah its an either or because the spare wheel has its rope ties in the back of the trunk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

how is stopping buying a service from a provider of said service anti-free speech??

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

PhazonLink posted:

nah its an either or because the spare wheel has its rope ties in the back of the trunk

also the under-bed storage becomes super hard to access if the back part of the truck has stuff in it

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Slotducks posted:

how is stopping buying a service from a provider of said service anti-free speech??

freedom of speech means that you can say whatever you want without any consequences. stopping ad money is a consequence, and is therefore anti free speech

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Slotducks posted:

Any consequence for conservatives is anti-free speech.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Buce posted:

i'm gonna buy my loved ones scammy trash to own the libs

Loved… ones…?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mah misunderstanding of all Constitutional Rights and in fact everything America is "supposed" to be as a country.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
i did really well in high school physics, and there were two things i took away from it, that, even with normal cars, cause me to have a severe degree of reverence for the capacity of a car to inflict damage on the world around it

the first being momentum, being simply velocity times mass

simple , but inescapable and how quickly that ramps up, even being a linear relationship

the second being that km/h is roughly 4x the meters per second ie, 100 km/h is ~ 25 meters per second

even on a small car its an incredible amount of energy to trust the common man with, but w/e that is the world we live in. its just a good thing to keep in mind when discussing motor vehicles

that 3.5-4.5 tonne vehicles that accelerate to 100kmh in sub 3 seconds is being lauded is loving insanity, like loving car as fetish object psychotic. It is a deliberate choice that is dangerous to literally everyone within a 100m radius of a loving cybertruck

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's also Kinetic energy = 0.5 * mass * speed^2.

so small changes in speed have major changes.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Chuds think free speech means free from consequences and they’ll never not step on the garden rake sideshow bob style

And hell I love it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

koshmar posted:

Deadnaming his own company

holy poo poo LOL

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

They thought of everything!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ironically it’s regular trucks that have the ridiculous over-engineered-sounding spare tire mount where you lower it from the bottom of the truck on a little hoist with a long handle you assemble out of pieces

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cr0y posted:

It also dawned on me that the range extender (heavy as gently caress giant battery box right up against the cab in the already tiny bed) would lead to some hilarious crash tests.

($16,000)

What if I want a spare tire *and* and battery pack???

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

How the gently caress is choosing to not advertise also anti free speech?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Tesla needed such heavy-duty tires that we had to create a new process for hardening rubber via the treatment of natural rubber with sulfur. I decided to name this process Vulcanization Ferenginization, named after my favorite race from Star Trek. This proves that I'm not anti-Semitic.

[whispers from assistant]

No, I said I *liked* the Jew race, that's not anti-Semitic.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Slotducks posted:

Free speech is giving the world richest man your advertisement dollars.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sir Tonk posted:

How the gently caress is choosing to not advertise also anti free speech?

It is in fact the very exercise of free speech.

The very act of?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sorry....who is the old Pete Best looking guy again? Just some Musk simp or an actual car reviewer?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

What if I want a spare tire *and* and battery pack???

Well then it sounds like you would be excited to hear about the greatest overlander ever kit!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

cr0y posted:

Well then it sounds like you would be excited to hear about the greatest overlander ever kit!

I had to drill new holes to mount the tire because it was only meant to have one or the other. Anyway I'm fairly certain I've punctured the battery and it now makes an angry hissing noise. Angrier than the usual hissing noise.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

redshirt posted:

You blackmail ME, with MONEY? Bill Walton?

please, his name is william walmart

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Sorry....who is the old Pete Best looking guy again? Just some Musk simp or an actual car reviewer?

you know the answer in your heart of hearts

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1730765873693012169

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

that is the guy who was talking about how he smashed into something within like an hour of getting his cybertruck because he couldn't see through the A pillar while multiple people tried to get him to lose his train of thought immediately

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

nobody can see what this is a reply to because we don't have accounts on X, the everything website

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Exciting stuff. When is the next delivery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

They got as much odds of making this real as they are to getting to Mars.

Spoiler, neither is happening under Musk.

Someone needs to post the links to the "robot" Must first unveiled. It was funny as poo poo. You'd think it was a parody.