Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Megillah Gorilla posted:

A clone who can dent a knife when he stabs himself with one.

He's a terminator - living flesh over metal endoskeleton.

He might be a robocop! Maybe his head was unharmed in the explosion somehow so they just stapled it to a robot body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nuebot posted:

He might be a robocop! Maybe his head was unharmed in the explosion somehow so they just stapled it to a robot body.

His glasses were still ditched under the rubble, so I doubt it tbh.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought this season (which, as far as I know was what these four episodes were commissioned as before Amazon ordered another eight) was kinda sloppy and mediocre. I don't think it did a good job condensing what's a fairly busy show down to four episodes, resulting in a lot of parallel go nowhere plotlines -- the third episode was by far the worst at this. The first half is a self contained Allen thing (good) but then it randomly stops and the back half is a bunch of subplots that play out with that typical soap opera structure (i.e. lots of cutting, no macro structure). They'd probably have done better to have cut the entire teen titans aubplot, since it accomplishes nothing and basically exists as its own separate siloed show within a show. Also I don't like the characters, which doesn't help much.

As for the finale, I found the Nolan subplot a bit contrived (with the dramatically convenient arrival of the Viltrumites), but the biggest thing that stood out to me was how dumb Mark was. His first reactions to finding out about Nolan's new family is racism -- IMO clearly part of the arc here, where the character is getting darker and more hostile -- but then there's this ludicrous "you left mum for another woman" stuff which sort of implies Mark wants his parents to get back together.

All that I basically buy, since Mark really doesn't strike me as particularly bright, though I reckon Nolan's redemption tour is a bit harder to get on board with. Not sure i buy the show's argument that his emplacement as supreme leader of the bug people was entirely consensual tbh.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I mean, Nolan telling Mark that his wife and son are replaceable and then going to another planet and immediately having another wife and kid is going to hurt even if Mark doesn't actually expect his parents to reconcile from the whole mass murdering thing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, like I said, I buy that. It's also just really funny that he's seen his dad mass murdering hundreds of people and watched his mother fall into chronic depression and he's still holding a candle for them. There's no switch in his head that's flipped for the guy, because on some subconscious level he doesn't really see these problems as deal breakers.

He's inherited the same biases as his father, basically. His whole thing about his dad's new partner being a bug isn't that different to his father calling Debbie a pet, really.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I think they've kiiiinda smartened Mark up from the comics, but not by much. I mean, he's still 18. Paralleling with Eve, it seems that they want to both show that they're inexperienced but can still be helpful.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I think we're looking at the implications of Mark getting mad at Nolan for starting a new family too literally. Getting mad at that doesn't mean he really wants to do a Parent Trap to get them back together, but it's understandable that some part of him, on a deep emotional level, would love for things to just snap back to how they were before his dad revealed himself as a fascist monster and called his mom a pet. Regardless, Nolan loving off and near immediately remarrying could be taken as a blunt expression of how little Mark and Debbie meant to him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Youtube has decided to show me endless Invincible shorts for future events in the comics.

I only read a few of the comics before I tapped out, but goddamn, it got really stupid.

I'm talking daytime soap but with superheroes level stupid.

Also, loving youtube always does this with any show. Search one time to find something out and you get a thousand 'creators' with untagged spoilers and the most unbelievably inane commentary imaginable.

The Bee posted:

His glasses were still ditched under the rubble, so I doubt it tbh.

Picture of Donald's bed:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Picture of Donald's bed:

If this show is smart, it'll do a Venture-style clone death montage for Donald at some point.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

GunnerJ posted:

I think we're looking at the implications of Mark getting mad at Nolan for starting a new family too literally. Getting mad at that doesn't mean he really wants to do a Parent Trap to get them back together, but it's understandable that some part of him, on a deep emotional level, would love for things to just snap back to how they were before his dad revealed himself as a fascist monster and called his mom a pet. Regardless, Nolan loving off and near immediately remarrying could be taken as a blunt expression of how little Mark and Debbie meant to him.

Yeah, the way I take it is, Mark's seen Debbie really struggling these past months, and then he gets to see Nolan showing off his brand new family seeming to have landed right on his feet. He doesn't want them back together, but he wants a sign that the relationship meant as much to Nolan as it did to Debbie, he wants to see his dad hurting the way his mom is.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I also feel like it's rather scummy to just make a new family, then hook your old son back in because you need his help, and then try to emotionally guilt trip him with "This is your brother, though".

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think that was the idea - Nolan is trying to ignore his moral code because it's conflicting with his Viltrumite heritage. He has had a taste of real love in Mark and it's acted as a gateway drug - the realisation that mark would have been happy even with Nolan as the only constant broke him. He went to the bug planet after saving them, probably not expecting to get attached as they were barely a lifeform to him, but then he fell in love with one but now it was different. Now it wasn't just his wife and new child he had that he cared about, it started to extend beyond potential Viltrum assets to her friends and colleagues, and then to her whole race. He personally kills millions of humans to make a point and doesn't blink an eye, until "I'd have you" breaks a hole in the dam. He's learned to do something very addictive that the Viltrumite empire bred out of itself long ago - he's learned to love. Hence his reaction to the carnage on bug planet. He didn't feel the same as he did on Earth, it was a far greater level of pain. Hence his question, desperately trying to figure out what broke him as a loyal Viltrumite - "Why do I care?!"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 29, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought this season (which, as far as I know was what these four episodes were commissioned as before Amazon ordered another eight)

I dont believe that was the case, I believe they took a lot of the complaints about the show taking too long to heart and refocused some teams that would've moved on to later episodes in the production queue to get something out before the end of the year.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I dont believe that was the case, I believe they took a lot of the complaints about the show taking too long to heart and refocused some teams that would've moved on to later episodes in the production queue to get something out before the end of the year.

Nah, imdb (owned by Amazon) was reporting two seasons of four episodes over a year ago -- I posted about it here in December last year, but I'm pretty sure I'd known about this for a few months at the time -- and this episode was very clearly designed as an intentional break.

I'd say they changed their plans, but in the sense that they gained another eight episodes and not because they decided to get four episodes out earlier than the others. It was always the plan to get these four episodes out before the others, because they were originally the entirety of season two.

Edit: Yeah, imdb was reporting this since February 2021: https://web.archive.org/web/20220201192119/https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6741278/episodes/?season=2, and while I know anyone can edit that site, to me it seems a remarkable coincidence that they'd be wrong about the upcoming season in this very specific way. If you're gonna be an eager beaver and put up the episodes without any knowledge, you put up two seasons of eight episodes and not two seasons of four.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 29, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also, loving youtube always does this with any show. Search one time to find something out and you get a thousand 'creators' with untagged spoilers and the most unbelievably inane commentary imaginable.

I looked for one clip to show someone something, and now half of my recommended videos are just clips from the latest season but with all the blood lazily edited to be different colours, presumably to avoid automatic copyright detection. My personal favorite is the one that made the blood brown so it just looked like everyone was making GBS threads.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GunnerJ posted:

lol Nolan hosed a bug

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...f9b4f91aa8833c&

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Substantially cursed content.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

"But this wasn't one of them."

Oh god, that's funny.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

"But this wasn't one of them."

Oh god, that's funny.

:yeah:

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

:golfclap:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"because they're great at sucking, Mark"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Not as cursed as the other one I saw today where Nolan talks about why Mark once found a dog collar under the couch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Not as cursed as the other one I saw today where Nolan talks about why Mark once found a dog collar under the couch.

There is some dark juju in that woman's head, Mark.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
"Debbie loves me, but really as more of a pet..."

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BioEnchanted posted:

"Debbie loves me, but really as more of a pet..."

Close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MemeVideos/comments/180j4a6/i_think_i_downloaded_the_wrong_version_of/

Content warning - it gets very reddit.

But it's amazing* how good AI voices are getting.

* for a given value of amazing

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MemeVideos/comments/180j4a6/i_think_i_downloaded_the_wrong_version_of/

Content warning - it gets very reddit.

But it's amazing* how good AI voices are getting.

* for a given value of amazing

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Where's the rest of Season 2, William? :argh:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

As with almost everything related to reproduction in sci-fi and fantasy the answer is: don't think about it, or it'll get weird.

Ah I see you too have read John Varley.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

More Lizard League please

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Where's Part 2 of Season 2, William? :argh:

Edit: Unconfirmed rumor is stating that Invincible is supposedly resuming March 15th. I don't know why that would be the case, but I hope it isn't.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 12, 2024

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress is with this idiotic release schedule

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if they plan on keeping on making this i hope they get their poo poo sorted.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCogq2BNt18

March 14

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Okay, thats not too bad I guess

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

One day earlier than what I heard then.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Amazon put out the S2 Part 2 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5OY-vXYzeE

Returning March 14th

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Huh. I don't think one of those characters showed up at this point in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
How many episodes in part 2? That looks like a lot of stuff to cover.