Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
This one's starting real strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

tokin opposition posted:

thank you

also I got to the end and the translator's note explained it, thank you zeztie

I didn't feel like the translator's note explained it very well, basically it means she's offering herself up to be eaten, making it too easy, etc. Sometimes the idiom is used in the positive sense though, like you hit upon a stroke a luck that you'd be a fool to ignore.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

and heres chapter 2. already introducing another woman. oh my! :gaysper:

This series is cute and lighthearted which I needed after a long week :3:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Huzzah! posted:

lmao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Huzzah! posted:

i started reading this and got probed before i finished. and now im back to say its good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't remember if I ever posted this one here, but The Princess of Sylph has been interesting. Falling apart princess x nun. Started off as a bunch of shorts, morph into something with an actual story. This is the serialized version. It has the feel of something like that too, its a bit more idiosyncratic than you typically see with yuri with these fantasy trappings.

CW: Can get more violent you would expect. Also there is a sexual assault bit in chapter 7.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Incredible second chapter.

edit: oh I LOVE Princess of Sylph! I might have reced it in here but I also might have completely forgotten to? It's gorgeous, and the author is always posting cute sketches on their twitter.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
cracking my knuckles, taking a big swig of water, and settlign in for some problematic yuri

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ohtori Akio posted:

cracking my knuckles, taking a big swig of water, and settlign in for some problematic yuri

oh its actually not that problematic oh no... need to swap in murcileago so akio doesn't get mad at me.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh its actually not that problematic oh no... need to swap in murcileago so akio doesn't get mad at me.

its uwu but its good uwu. you may live

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh hey another chapter of that hostess one

omg my best friend chucky is here 🥹
he truly is a gay ally 😭😭😭

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Clarste posted:

I didn't feel like the translator's note explained it very well, basically it means she's offering herself up to be eaten, making it too easy, etc. Sometimes the idiom is used in the positive sense though, like you hit upon a stroke a luck that you'd be a fool to ignore.

Sounds Farfetch'd to me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
i got no idea if we have a wn thread but

https://dragonmomwn.wordpress.com/

fits in here i think, mostly for the T bit?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

link

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I have to say it's a little weird for someone who is barely 20 to have mixing alcoholic drinks as her only hobby (and friend). What did she do for the first 19 years of her life?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Clarste posted:

I have to say it's a little weird for someone who is barely 20 to have mixing alcoholic drinks as her only hobby (and friend). What did she do for the first 19 years of her life?
Probably absolutely ripping it up at fast food soda fountains.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Wasn't she taught to mix by her grandfather or something?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Clarste posted:

Crimes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Volume 3 of She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat was uploaded on Bato for those can't buy the manga (buy it.)

still truly iconic for this one (there is also what i think is a reference to the handmaiden in volume 3!)

Going to try to start watching the live action adaptation this week! I heard its good and they didn't no homo it like you see in some drama adaptations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

Volume 3 of She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat was uploaded on Bato for those can't buy the manga (buy it.)

still truly iconic for this one (there is also what i think is a reference to the handmaiden in volume 3!)

Going to try to start watching the live action adaptation this week! I heard its good and they didn't no homo it like you see in some drama adaptations.

i started this series based on this post and now im caught up. and its good, and i think i have to check out the series

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/s...%5Es1_&ref_url=

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Man… I like that series but it isn’t that good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just think the art and story is cute :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

thetoughestbean posted:

Man… I like that series but it isn’t that good.

its pretty good

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

its pretty good

It has a weird symbiosis with My New Friend Wasn't What I Expected. Opinions of the former rise as the wait for a new chapter of the latter lengthens.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Seven Seas does monthly surveys to see what fans want licensed. They specifically ask for lgbt series, too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think its meh but whatever~ its way better than kase-san which was was in a similar position some years back. i am sure there is some yuri series i like that most people consider meh... it takes all sorts...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
(eats another spoonful of unsweetened oatmeal) sometimes you want a little simple joy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It'd be whatever but the art really elevates it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
girls being gay and listening to smashing pumpkins rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a bit nothing but it has a sense of style and aesthetics and the art is really good, which, yeah, makes it way better than kase-san

also i have an idea who the characters are beyond their broad archetypes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

has anyone kept up with kase-san. why did kase-san making yamada lose out on a good tokyo apartment with decent rent go so uncommented on.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeah i do that everyday of my life, i know 😎

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

kirbysuperstar posted:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Wait never mind, Ikoku Nikki got #1. It’s a good list

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

thetoughestbean posted:

OH
OK yeah good list lmao

Ikoku Nikki GOAT'd

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

I started reading this since I love cooking manga and it's v good :3:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

has anyone kept up with kase-san. why did kase-san making yamada lose out on a good tokyo apartment with decent rent go so uncommented on.

lol I think I stopped reading it after they got together. why would kase-san do that!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Its the greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Metis of the Hallway posted:

lol I think I stopped reading it after they got together. why would kase-san do that!

it was like

kase: i cant move in with you.. until i finish things with my senpai...
yamada: okay but can you liek sign the lease. we need a down payment
kase: i cant... until i finish things with my senpai

*five chapters later*

yamada: someone else scooped the apartment
kase: i need to finish things with my senpai