Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CainFortea posted:

Are there turkey carving robots I don't know about?

Nah. Just meant you didn't need a knife. Meat was just falling off the bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

please take turkey chat to GWS or the horrible food thread

I refuse to recognise the sovereignty of Turkey.

All hail Greek Anatolia.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Air Skwirl posted:

So there's multiple news stories of Russian men getting black out drunk and ending up in pipes with no idea how they got there, in different cities in Russia, hundreds of miles apart?

Buddy, I don’t think the list of drunk gopniks getting stuck in pipes ends at two. Not even close.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FreudianSlippers posted:

I refuse to recognise the sovereignty of Turkey.

All hail Greek Anatolia.

Greater Greater Macedonia

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
If I got stuck in a foot-wide pipe, I'm pretty certain my psyche would be irreversibly shattered.
Maybe getting really drunk and/or living in Russia insulates you from the worst of the soul-damage?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

If I got stuck in a foot-wide pipe, I'm pretty certain my psyche would be irreversibly shattered.
Maybe getting really drunk and/or living in Russia insulates you from the worst of the soul-damage?

Schade's on you for believing anyone in the industrialized world has a soul left.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Tree Bucket posted:

This is very much a chicken/egg situation. Except the chicken has been embezzled and sold for a new dacha and the egg never existed, what are you talking about, what egg.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Trabant posted:

This is very much a chicken/egg situation. Except the chicken has been embezzled and sold for a new dacha and the egg never existed, what are you talking about, what egg.

And you are the chicken. The egg is your family.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Here’s a Russian language source about the St Petersburg pipeman, reads decently in Google translate. LMAO, an engineer they interviewed makes a Shawshank reference in the clip, just saying the situation reminded him of the finale to Shawshank Redemption. The pipe was at the St Pete airport and a lawyer for them says they wanna go after him for the cost of his rescue. Good luck getting blood out of that stone!

This dude has some problems beyond just being drunk, the news said he was reported missing days prior by his family and had quit his job, drove out of town and abandoned his car at the train station where he boarded a train for St Pete, the next he’s heard from he’s being sawed out of the pipe. He was also keeping a diary with strange writings. Sounds like undiagnosed schizophrenia to me. For clarity wrt Google translate, when it says he’s wanted, it more means sought. He was a missing person, not a wanted criminal.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

darkwasthenight posted:

Russia has 140 million people. If somebody told you it happened twice to the same guy in Florida we'd all just nod thoughtfully

Where's that report of a Chinese man crawling naked into a drain pipe and peeping at underskirts through the grate

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Did they ever find out if his real name is George Santos? I remember hearing something about how he didn't have any big form of id.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

freeedr posted:

Weird that it took so long but also weird that they’re acting like it’s strange for there to be a conman in congress

I often think about running for some regularly empty or uncontested city council seat, even though I am grossly unqualified, just to have a few years of stable income. I'll even try to do the job in a way that benefits people who don't have lots of money.*

Santos had the same idea, but with no qualms about actively making our country a worse place, as requested by those with the most money to funnel into his anus.

*I don't even know if this is even anything a city council person could effect. I seriously have no clue what the city council does.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Did they ever find out if his real name is George Santos? I remember hearing something about how he didn't have any big form of id.

Anthony George Santos Devolder. Aka Kitara Revache, when doing drag in Brazil.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Oof, it loving sucked when I broke one metatarsal, she looks like she's broken multiple per foot

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nobody Interesting posted:

What is going on there

Sometimes the next generation of oil rig workers can't hatch on their own and require assistance

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

So what are you supposed to do if everyone eating Thanksgiving dinner is one or both of the above?

E: This is a serious question as this was my situation this year.

To give you a real answer, sous vide will allow you to pasteurize anything, given the correct time/temp. J. Kenji López-Alt is a widely well-regarded authority on this topic, here is his Sous Vide starter guide and here is his Thanksgiving turkey recipe which includes a time/temp pasteurization guide for turkey based on the USDA's recommendations. Oh, and here's the GWS thread about Sous Vide, feel free to post any questions you have there and I or some other nerd will be happy to answer them.

GotLag posted:

Oof, it loving sucked when I broke one metatarsal, she looks like she's broken multiple per foot

That was one of the rare ones that hurts deep down in my soul, but at the same time the comedic timing is perfect.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's how I did my turkey.

I did a regular brine. I used pickling salt because it dissolves better in any temp water than other salts and has less precipitation as a result. Also in the brine was brown sugar, apple juice, fresh rosemary, fresh bay leaves, a bunch of minced garlic, some orange peels, a squeezed orange, and a few other spices and things. We put in the mix and topped it with water. Had it brining for around 24 hours before we pulled it out, dried it, and injected it with a cajun butter mix my lady whipped up. Fried it at 325 until the deepest meat was at temp. It was by far the best turkey I've ever cooked and the skin was to die for. My gf and her brother basically picked the carcass clean the next day while we were sorting out leftovers.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This was my bird. So tender you could carve it by hand. The skin was incredible.

Definitely not doing an 18lbs bird again, but will always follow similar methods because it's just too drat good.

Lexorin posted:

Wet brine in just saltwater (nothing else added will penetrate anyway so gently caress it). De-bone the bird (and keep said bird in one piece) and use them bones for stock/gravy/stuffing. Put your now flat turkey on a tray in the fridge with just the skin exposed, so the skin dries out (Around 24 hours will do, this makes for extra crispy skin). Now herb-butter/oil that skin and cook the bird at 400-ish until it's internal temp is 175 (It's brined, so you need to burn off more water from your already waterlogged bird).

The only downside is you don't have a "traditional" looking bird, you just have a big 'ol pile of meat. Also the three days of prep time I guess.

Bookmarking turkey cooking tips. :thanks: 🙏

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Nobody Interesting posted:

What is going on there

mario try outs

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

freeedr posted:

Weird that it took so long but also weird that they’re acting like it’s strange for there to be a conman in congress

Not really, all politicians are deathly afraid of punishing one of their own caste, it sets a dangerous precedent. Next time it might be them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Brawnfire posted:

Turns out his toilet was too wide.

It's the logical conclusion to that skibidi toilet thing the youth are all about.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh god I wish it was me

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Flush my life into toiltes

This is my last piss hole

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/0riTzyU.mp4

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Hey, I'm flyin' here!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
someone threw that bird at his head from off camera

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Bored posted:

I often think about running for some regularly empty or uncontested city council seat, even though I am grossly unqualified, just to have a few years of stable income.

You're going to be sorely disappointed when you get your first city council check.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
buh buh buh ooo mow mow buh buh ooo mow mow mow

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

What sells this is the relatively non plussed reaction. No screaming or stomping, no chasing the bird, just rubbing his head and doing a double take like "well that was loving weird..."

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Pigeowned

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crescent Wrench posted:

What sells this is the relatively non plussed reaction. No screaming or stomping, no chasing the bird, just rubbing his head and doing a double take like "well that was loving weird..."

Even the pigeon isn't mad. It's like 'wow, too much nog. Sorry buddy' and wanders off in a daze.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Flint_Paper posted:

I'm not an expert, but I'd imagine that doing this anywhere you can quickly get inside if there's a problem is actually not the smartest location for your giant drum of liquid flame

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

$5 remake of Hitchcock’s “The Birds” is unsatisfactory.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:hmmyes:

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

It's possible, but it's equally possible that the bird is sick..... or that it's extremely dumb because it's a pigeon and then is dazed after impact, much like when they bonk into windows.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lol had to write that one out

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/22mPe2l.mp4

Checks out

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!

Why is there that sudden edit toward the end? Is there something that came into frame? Something is being intentionally obscured.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think it might be a random security camera and sometimes those will adjust their angle automatically towards motion or something right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

bing-bong

https://i.imgur.com/XGuWgiz.mp4