Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

No video game ornagments??

what are you talkin about? Ristar is at topping it all off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

sirtommygunn posted:

Look at the first post

Like, ever?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shard posted:

I'm a gamer and here is my christmas tree. Enjoy

What sorta GPU you got in this thing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I saw Godzilla Minus One today and it's legitimately one of the best movies of the year I think.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Infinitum posted:

What sorta GPU you got in this thing?

ST.Nvidia 40H0H0H0

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope I can make it to a theater in time to see Minus One. I loved Shin and this one is supposed to match it. Also want to see The Boy and the Heron. Big month for movies that I might not be able to seen in time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The OP does not have the Meta Quest pack-in exclusive, Asgard's Wrath 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blwZizFeCAg

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm excited for a couple of surprise picks for awards.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is it called Asgard’s Wrath when everything in there looks Egyptian

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hatty posted:

Hope I can make it to a theater in time to see Minus One. I loved Shin and this one is supposed to match it. Also want to see The Boy and the Heron. Big month for movies that I might not be able to seen in time

It's better.

Like so much better.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

Why is it called Asgard’s Wrath when everything in there looks Egyptian

Asgard is mad for being left out

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Waffleman_ posted:

I saw Godzilla Minus One today and it's legitimately one of the best movies of the year I think.

Very excited for this!

Just started watching Monarch tonight to whet my appetite, and it seems extraordinarily mid, like 5.0000/10 mid. No less excited for Minus One tho.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sally posted:

any games coming out this December?

Gaming is canceled

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Snowboard Kids 2023 is coming out on the 2023rd of december

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
gaming has been delayed to fiscal quarter 2024 q3

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Holy poo poo, I just finished the musical in Alan Wake 2.

This may be my game of the year for that alone.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I got Enter the Gungeon during the Steam Sale and I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time. It whips rear end. I unlocked the guy that lets you do Rainbow Runs and had fun doing that for a while, then during an actual run found a normal Rainbow Chest and just about poo poo my pants when it let me keep everything in it lol

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Shard posted:

what are you talkin about? Ristar is at topping it all off

Now here's a reference I appreciate :golfclap:

Also DA2 is the best one sorry. Inquisition was pretty mid outside graphics and some of the set pieces. Origins is a classic and one of very few games to do a BG style of game in 3d really well.

Anders was 100% in the right, gently caress the Chantry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

literally every mage you meet in DA2 can turn abomination, and the first enchanter was aiding & abetting a serial killer necromancer

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

literally every mage you meet in DA2 can turn abomination, and the first enchanter was aiding & abetting a serial killer necromancer

I want to say Bethany can't but yeah otherwise. They looked at the 'X-men as minorities' problem and did it harder than anyone else.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you want to 'both sides' something you gotta show that one side doesn't turn into blood hungry demons as soon as they stub their toe.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dragon Age clearly wants the player to be sympathetic to the mages, but the only story Bioware really knew how to tell about mages was getting corrupted by blood magic, which creates a rather fascinating but probably unintended tension between personal morality versus demonstrated reality.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Read this as Asura's Wrath 2 at first and now I'm mad :mad:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how mad :ohdear:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-CNhWM42s

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

It's so good. Using a period drama as a base for a Godzilla movie was genius.

hatty posted:

I feel like in the future Godzilla fans are going to be divided into Shin and -1 groups. They're both absolutely spectacular but in different ways, I think everybody is going to have one or the other as their favorite. Not counting nostalgia picks, of course.

Me, if there's two things I love it's scenes of people talking in board rooms and the song Decisive Battle, so I'm a Shinhead. But -1 is still extremely loving good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve seen two Godzilla movies and they were basically the same movie. I can only assume this means that all 50 Godzilla movies are basically the same and that Godzilla fans are sickos

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

But will it retain the psychosexual tension between Greg and Alex that really makes Taskmaster special?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1730968035538944257?t=AwmComxQeQ-_fEknCn9xJw&s=19

Why does Peter look like that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve seen two Godzilla movies and they were basically the same movie. I can only assume this means that all 50 Godzilla movies are basically the same and that Godzilla fans are sickos

You should watch Godzilla Final Wars

Waffleman_ posted:

Why does Peter look like that

I’m guessing it’s so he doesn’t have a totally unique hit box

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

He stole Snake's body mass.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Fortnite looks cool.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I’m guessing it’s so he doesn’t have a totally unique hit box

Yup. Also IIRC there was an episode where he got super buff.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Who wants to be reminded of loving Family Guy in this day and age?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looked it up, and Family Guy Season 22 started airing on October 1st, 2023. I can't remember which season I last watched, its been awhile. According to Wikipedia the show has been steadily declining in viewership, each season having less than the last. Season 1 was apparently the peak for viewership. The fanbase dropped by over 50% after that.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 2, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember wanting them to bring it back and then they did and that's when I learned to be careful what u wish 4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1730985963206201460

This almost for sure won't be good, but they really nailed the set pieces and costume design.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HopperUK posted:

But will it retain the psychosexual tension between Greg and Alex that really makes Taskmaster special?

It’s on PC so people will have access to those Greg and Alex models to do with as they please.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*incredibly buff peter griffin wanders into the virtual holocaust museum* holy crap lois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

I said come in! posted:

This almost for sure won't be good, but they really nailed the set pieces and costume design.

The promo art for the Fallout show being AI generated was a huge red flag.