Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Generally if you can't fight in dreams it's because you have your duvet on snug, your body does move slightly when you're asleep and if your brain feels your arm restrained by the duvet it will portray this as being unable to do things that require freedom of arm movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, santos probably could have kept his seat at least a bit longer if he hadn't been skimming the credit card info of a sitting republican house member and the member's mother, but i respect the dedication to the grift to the very end. dude would use his dying breath to try to run a con

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

man, santos probably could have kept his seat at least a bit longer if he hadn't been skimming the credit card info of a sitting republican house member and the member's mother
power move

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah you have to admit that’s incredible. I love that he made it all the way to the House.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/annie_wu_22/status/1730726001775202360

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

man, santos probably could have kept his seat at least a bit longer if he hadn't been skimming the credit card info of a sitting republican house member and the member's mother, but i respect the dedication to the grift to the very end. dude would use his dying breath to try to run a con

they did him wrong re: the proportionality and appropriateness of being ejected when much greater and stupider criminals abound in DC. let's see them eject Bob Menendez. not to mention frauds perpetrated in many other ways on voters in much more damaging fashion.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mawarannahr posted:

they did him wrong re: the proportionality and appropriateness of being ejected when much greater and stupider criminals abound in DC. let's see them eject Bob Menendez. not to mention frauds perpetrated in many other ways on voters in much more damaging fashion.

oh, yeah no question when there's actual rapists and bribes on a 6 figure scale. but of course they're not going to prioritize their dirty laundry over the guy who keeps trying to set up a skimmer on the house's atm

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i think there is something to be said for there being a level of obviousness in one's criminality which really is too great to tolerate, despite the standard being laughably frayed in general

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
no greater crime than being annoying to your own party in a way that doesn't endear you to the other

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
The crazy thing about Santos is that his seat is reasonably likely to flip and that vote is reasonably likely to matter - not for actually passing legislation, necessarily, but at least for the next time the caucus upsets the applecart over the speaker race.

We're only like 7 weeks from the next fight over shutting the government down and if the causus gets upset again it could make their next game of musical chairs even more chaotic

I'm assuming the state party didn't want him weighing them down in the 2024 race, but it actually has a non-zero chance of making them look like clowns at the worst possible moment nationally

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i love hbomberguy, i remember back when everyone on this website was young and he lped the most anime of video games

but a 4 hour long youtube essay is going too far, and he must be stopped

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i love hbomberguy, i remember back when everyone on this website was young and he lped the most anime of video games

but a 4 hour long youtube essay is going too far, and he must be stopped

it would be nice if video essayists were better at dividing things into episodes, yeah

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

it would be nice if video essayists were better at dividing things into episodes, yeah

it's because youtube shows more ads in longer videos, and because people are more likely to stop watching at the end of episode 1 and never come back for episode 2

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Apropos of nothing, I appreciate that if you go to RFK jr's campaign page, the first image of him on there costars a dog's anus

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
apparently my supervisor is bursting into tears in her office because of pressure from new management. and this had been such a chill job

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Discendo Vox posted:

Apropos of nothing, I appreciate that if you go to RFK jr's campaign page, the first image of him on there costars a dog's anus

Not just that but he's got, I think due to the lighting, real "Monty Python" eyes. Like I expect the top half of his head to be a cutout that bounces for talking.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Are you saying he's ineligible to run due to being a naturally born Canadian?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I managed to avoid giving money to any political campaigns or signing up for any mailing/call lists in 2020 and 2022. I have thankfully avoided all the spam texts and calls asking for money or volunteers from Bernie or local candidates.

Somehow, today, I just a spam text from Nikki Haley asking me for money.

She is either pulling from some dark databases or just spamming every phone number in the area code and my long streak of freedom from fundraising texts is now broken.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

data brokers

they just spam lists of people who tick boxes they think mean republican voter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1732410229550350386?s=20

just when I thought it was safe to order sex arses from china again

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

That canal must have some kind of siren nested on the shores.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

data brokers

they just spam lists of people who tick boxes they think mean republican voter

I'm a middle aged white guy who drives a red truck in the south, I get approached by Republicans about 50% of the time who see me as an ally to talk about how awesome Trump is, I do not like it very much at all.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

socialsecurity posted:

I'm a middle aged white guy who drives a red truck in the south, I get approached by Republicans about 50% of the time who see me as an ally to talk about how awesome Trump is, I do not like it very much at all.

Get a yellow smartcar, I think it will help.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I just got sent a vehicle maintenance guide from AAA and it says you need to replace your windshield wiper blades every 6 months.

My wiper blades are old enough to legally graduate high school early and still work. Nice try, AAA.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Happy Hannukah and Pearl Harbor day.

Death to Seleucus Nicator and Emperor Hirohito.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
one thing about being japanese american, pearl harbor day isn't one of those random days that slips under the radar

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

one thing about being japanese american, pearl harbor day isn't one of those random days that slips under the radar

fdr knew

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Apparently there's a wikipedia article charmingly titled "American mutilation of Japanese war dead". The opening paragraphs include an anecdote (?) that FDR got a trophy from the Pacific theatre, a letter opener made of a human arm. So if we assume FDR knew...

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 8, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Oh are you Japanese-American? Your entry in my xlsx is basically empty.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Tesseraction posted:

Oh are you Japanese-American? Your entry in my xlsx is basically empty.

Add "Weird toe (not foot, one single toe specifically) pain recently" to my entry, please.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I thought gout was foot pain and usually only in overweight people?

It's also supposed to be very painful, but this is just kind of lightly painful when I put a lot of pressure on one specific toe (left pinky).

I also don't drink alcohol or eat organ meat (like liver, kidney), and some kinds of seafood, such as anchovies, sardines, mussels, scallops, trout, and tuna.

Doesn't seem like gout.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Tesseraction, please put it in the XLS for reference and add:

"(Possible gout diagnosis by Rappaport, M.D.)"

And then add:

"(Questionable medical credentials for Rappaport, M.D. Diagnosis delivered via image macro. Possible crank.)"

As a comment on the cell.

Right click the cell and select "New Comment" to add it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm not a doctor of medicine, no. I am not sure about that cat who gave you the diagnosis, though.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

MD stands for My Dawg

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i want a doctor dawg

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress i just made myself mad, gently caress our dumb and brutal justice system

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I thought gout was foot pain and usually only in overweight people?

It's also supposed to be very painful, but this is just kind of lightly painful when I put a lot of pressure on one specific toe (left pinky).

I also don't drink alcohol or eat organ meat (like liver, kidney), and some kinds of seafood, such as anchovies, sardines, mussels, scallops, trout, and tuna.

Doesn't seem like gout.
What you’re describing isn’t inconsistent with gout.

Gout most commonly affects the joint at the base of the big toe. Contrary to stereotypes, it’s only weakly related to diet, alcohol use, and weight. Most cases aren’t caused by those factors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I just got sent a vehicle maintenance guide from AAA and it says you need to replace your windshield wiper blades every 6 months.

My wiper blades are old enough to legally graduate high school early and still work. Nice try, AAA.

What the gently caress? Replace the blades and get your gout checked out and probably take out the trash because I've got to assume that's neglected too.