Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone posting in this thread is my enemy and I will correct each of you in turn

evil Jet Li on top of the ziggurat at the end of The One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

CUT MY LIFE IN TO PIECES

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that twilight zone episode in the library but i just figured out how to own all my posting enemies then stepped on my glasses

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

evil Jet Li on top of the ziggurat at the end of The One

The ending to The One is among the best things in a movie ever. It rules so loving hard that they did that.

fe: also, the start of the movie where Gore wins in that one alternate universe is so funny.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
This thread desperately needs the premium episode to drop now

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gripweed posted:

I wanted to learn how to play the guitar but I never made time to praxis.

Boooooo

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

This thread desperately needs the premium episode to drop now

Where's my slop damnit

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

who are you even talking to?

the purpose of a moment like this imo is to get someone who is uninformed to ask you "wait, why was this guy bad?" not to like argue with a lib on twitter who is already dug in about what they believe.

It was a posted a long time ago by someone else so I can see how you might have forgotten about it

how many people in this thread have used the word "praxis" to say anything other than "posting is not praxis"?

praxis is defined as "action oriented towards changing society" so youre definitely insinuating it and then playing dumb when we call you out

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 1, 2023

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Oh your a mean one,

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone posting in this thread is my friend and I will correct each of you in turn

:cheers:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

It was a posted a long time ago by someone else so I can see how you might have forgotten about it

praxis is defined as "action oriented towards changing society" so youre definitely insinuating it and then playing dumb when we call you out

again, that was in the context of already talking about someone who was poo-pooing the idea of celebrating when kissinger died. I am not saying that posting is praxis, I'm saying that if you're gonna be posting about it anyway, it's defeatist to turn it into a moment where all you are going to do is reiterate how hopeless and screwed we all are. you dumbass.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if you wanna PM me about it to talk about it more, go ahead and I will ignore you, but I imagine everyone else is as sick of this as I am so please feel free to stop quoting me about it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if you wanna PM me about it to talk about it more, go ahead and I will ignore you, but I imagine everyone else is as sick of this as I am so please feel free to stop quoting me about it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's his heart that's supposed to be small, not his brain!!!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I've never said the word "praxis" aloud and i never will :smuggo:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rainbow Knight posted:

I've never said the word "praxis" aloud and i never will :smuggo:

That's praxis.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

It's his heart that's supposed to be small, not his brain!!!

guys im so tired of talking about this, I swear just let it go!

Im not even being aggro about it Edit: gently caress it hes right, not worth it

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 1, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I pray God strikes you both down.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's obvious the real thing these posters found offensive was the first suggestion that you shouldn't be a party pooper

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
*leftishly "gotta poop somewhere"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’m shittin right now!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
They're going late to bring us up-to-date info on George Santos. rip

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah rip

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Decent enough premium episode today. I gotta say, though, Will's hate boner for Ridley Scott? Getting unseemly. I get that he loves Tony Scott, but Tony Scott made "Days of Thunder" and "Domino." No one's perfect, Menaker.

Probably would have been nice to have had more chat about the week’s events, but then again I think we all would have really felt Matt’s absence in talking about Kissinger, Santos, etc.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 2, 2023

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Days of thunder owns

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Days of thunder owns

Ya gotta suck it sloooowwww

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

the purpose of a moment like this imo is to get someone who is uninformed to ask you "wait, why was this guy bad?" not to like argue with a lib on twitter who is already dug in about what they believe.

Friend of mine posted something on Facebook that had David Brooks talking about the nuclear family. I made some comment about not taking him too seriously, if at all. She responded to the effect of "why, does David Brooks suck?" And in my head I'm think holy poo poo this is not a drill, overwatch you have hostiles in your area, going weapons free

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Days of thunder owns

I'm sorry you were raised to enjoy things that are bad.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

Friend of mine posted something on Facebook that had David Brooks talking about the nuclear family. I made some comment about not taking him too seriously, if at all. She responded to the effect of "why, does David Brooks suck?" And in my head I'm think holy poo poo this is not a drill, overwatch you have hostiles in your area, going weapons free

One of the many things that made me decide to get off Facebook several years ago was having to explain to someone that Alan Dershowitz is not an example of a leftist

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Chakan posted:

The ending to The One is among the best things in a movie ever. It rules so loving hard that they did that.

fe: also, the start of the movie where Gore wins in that one alternate universe is so funny.

It ruled so hard, it's one of the few movies I had on dvd back in college when I still had dvds

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Ya gotta suck it sloooowwww

Lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

One of the many things that made me decide to get off Facebook several years ago was having to explain to someone that Alan Dershowitz is not an example of a leftist

He's a registered Democrat and Democrats are the left-most of the two major parties, ergo he's a leftist. Checkmate.:smug:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

who is Ben Dreyfuss why is that name familiar to me? Has he always been this dumb or this a recent thing

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

Mr. Grinch posted:

who is Ben Dreyfuss why is that name familiar to me? Has he always been this dumb or this a recent thing

He's the dude who freely admitted that he paid a homeless guy $50 to let him hunt him with a paintball gun

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

He's the son of Richard Dreyfuss and has the most coke fried brain online.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Majorian posted:

He's a registered Democrat and Democrats are the left-most of the two major parties, ergo he's a leftist. Checkmate.:smug:

It's very dismaying how many people have given me blank looks when I say that Democrats aren't leftists

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/saywhatagain/status/1731038498357182687?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I miss the point of many things and nobody tweets about it

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Mr. Grinch posted:

I went to college with his brother and I remember there being a moment when we were hanging out at Ben's apartment and he had coworkers coming over. Before they arrived Ben pulled us aside and said that at some point in the night we were to say out loud in front of his coworkers that he had such a nice apartment because his dad paid for it. This was to apparently cover up the pay discrepancies between Ben and his coworkers who he said made peanuts compared to him and that if they knew how much he made they would all demand a raise and ruin it for him. Interesting family overall.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Androies posted:

I went to college with his brother and I remember there being a moment when we were hanging out at Ben's apartment and he had coworkers coming over. Before they arrived Ben pulled us aside and said that at some point in the night we were to say out loud in front of his coworkers that he had such a nice apartment because his dad paid for it. This was to apparently cover up the pay discrepancies between Ben and his coworkers who he said made peanuts compared to him and that if they knew how much he made they would all demand a raise and ruin it for him. Interesting family overall.

Interesting is not the word I’d use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr. Grinch posted:

richard dreyfuss son and yes he's ALWAYS been this dumb, its wild