Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

EbolaIvory posted:

Wouldn't know. I have zero intention of trying controllers on my feet. Theres also hand actions in the maps so I'm not sure how that works when your hands are strapped on your feet?

From what I've seen the hand motions just get removed if there's no hand controllers and no hand tracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I somewhat identified the issue with my AirLink, it was definitely an issue where ODT was set too high for my Link Cable and it was breaking AirLink.

But....it wasnt even set that high, not even close to the res and bitrate I have for VD so theres something else going. Just generally very bad performance.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Quest 3 already going up. Take in account this is previous to the Steam link release.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Don’t forgot too that some significant portion of whatever Quest 3s are moving right now are very likely to not appear until Christmas.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
I have a question on best way to do something.

I bought a Quest 3 for myself, and am planning on passing my old Quest 2 onto the kids, as well as bought a 2nd Quest 2 so more than 1 kids can play at a time (besides me, I'm greedy and the Quest 3 is mine alone!).

Thats the situation, now the question: How would it be best to set things up so everyone can play games with everyone else? Separate accounts and multiple copies of games? Or can I share my account with both the Quest 2's and let the kids just piggyback off my library.

Would obviously prefer to just share my library since $$$$, but I want to make sure all 3 of us could hop in and play some Walkabout or Ghostbusters whenever we wanted regardless of what I'm doing with my headset.

We have done plenty of Eleven table tennis with my q3 and q2, but not sure if I could extend this to a third headset. Info I can find on reddit or even the Meta help guides has been less than useful, and seem to be directed at multiple accounts on a single device. I'm trying to use one account, on more than 2 devices. If it were just sharing with one device, I've found stuff for that, and have successfully done it that already, mostly for Eleven table tennis. Even that might not work with other games, not sure if Eleven is a special case. I just want to get everything set up so when its time to open gifts, we don't need to do any setup or charging afterward.

Anyone else already been down this road have some advice?

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
From what I’ve found, you can only share games to 1 other headsets, so you’ll probably need 2 copies of the games you want to play with 3 systems

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Uboat Silent Wolf is pretty fun. A few stutters when moving from inside the boat to the outside, and some connection issues for my British friend.

But holy heck navigating and running a sub is pretty fun. Lots of learning, laughing, and getting bombed.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Check your Target Circle offers if you are a member, it seems some people are getting targeted offers for $50 off of a Quest 3. Target gift cards are also 10% off right now so you can save a chunk of change combined. It would have been enough to push me over the edge of grabbing one but it seems I'm not in on the offer :cry:

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Steam VR Fest is currently going on now: Dec 4 to Dec 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_G51fzL3c

Noticed that The Light Brigade is on sale: first I've seen for it so I might jump on as I've heard good things about it (though feel free to tell me if I'm mistaken). Ancient Dungeon is another one I've been interested in, tho it's still early access so I may wait.

I've mentioned it previously, but definitely check out the demo for The Burst: I played it and had a whale of a time, and they've said that they updated it for this fest. It's looking to be a great action-adventure when it comes out!

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 4, 2023

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Light Brigade owns.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Thank goodness for Steam Link.. I would've used streaming more but the UX of fighting to get out of the meta poo poo and into steam with air link was just annoying enough to discourage me.

(Also low-key hopeful that it's another clue signaling an impending Valve hmd release)

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Into the Radius 2 announced, 4-player coop:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2307350/Into_the_Radius_2

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yep this should hopefully own

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Well gently caress me.

Goodbye all my freetime when that drops.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Reek posted:

Check your Target Circle offers if you are a member, it seems some people are getting targeted offers for $50 off of a Quest 3. Target gift cards are also 10% off right now so you can save a chunk of change combined. It would have been enough to push me over the edge of grabbing one but it seems I'm not in on the offer :cry:

Here is the thing I saw that has the details/coupon you need to make it work

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Welp nevermind, looks like Target stealth edited the coupon so you can't apply it to a Quest

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

While cool, They really should just offer it up as an update or something and not split what little community there is.

Theres no logical reason for a sequel yet.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

EbolaIvory posted:

While cool, They really should just offer it up as an update or something and not split what little community there is.

Theres no logical reason for a sequel yet.

Beyond money, you mean?

edit: The first game released in EA in 2020. So four years between games isn't that rare. We are talking of game that could be in EA for a pair of years, so the true release date could be 2026.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Turin Turambar posted:

Beyond money, you mean?

So do the graphic update for free, add the content as DLC.

They dont have a big enough player base as it is. They're basically forcing people to rebuy at that point. Its VR. They can't treat this poo poo like AAA PC titles. Which is what a second release already is.

So instead of continuing to make a current game bigger, they're going to abandon it just like companies like raptor labs does. They'll focus on 2 for a while, when sales slow down, they'll poo poo out another title.

Turin Turambar posted:

edit: The first game released in EA in 2020. So four years between games isn't that rare. We are talking of game that could be in EA for a pair of years, so the true release date could be 2026.

Its been on quest for a year basically. Thats the only release that matters. PCVR don't count, sorry not sorry.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 5, 2023

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

EbolaIvory posted:

So do the graphic update for free, add the content as DLC.

dlc never sells as well as a separate game, so precisely by your argument (small playerbase!) there are more reasons to make it a separate game. Separating 'content' from 'better graphics' feels arbitrary, the better graphics are usually part of the new content (new environment with will have more detail, better done weapons, etc).

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Turin Turambar posted:

dlc never sells as well as a separate game, so precisely by your argument (small playerbase!) there are more reasons to make it a separate game. Separating 'content' from 'better graphics' feels arbitrary, the better graphics are usually part of the new content (new environment with will have more detail, better done weapons, etc).

I'd disagree in this instance based on my exp dealing with this kinda poo poo.

You'll get more active current users to pull the trigger on the DLC than you will forcing current active players to buy a full rear end second game. The DLC would be cheaper, which makes it easier for current customers to pick it up on a whim.

New users still get the same entry cost, its slightly rebranded, and they can do a market push the same way they would with a new game release. Its just as enticing as it would be with a 2 on the end of it. Outside of this thread and my circle of VR people that play basically all the games, nobody I know has even heard of this game. It needs a marketing push either way and slapping a 2 on it isn't the way to do it. I mean they could legit retexture the "old game" and call the "new game" a new campaign and move on with life. It really isn't that complicated. Its more dev hours converting the old poo poo to the new poo poo.

VR isn't flat gaming. VR isnt console gaming. Multiplayer games die because of fragmentation between games and all that poo poo. This game isn't any different in that respect.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 5, 2023

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EbolaIvory posted:

Multiplayer games die because of fragmentation between games and all that poo poo.

Into the Radius is a single player game.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Enos Cabell posted:

Into the Radius is a single player game.

Yeah I didn't finish my sentence/thoughts.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 5, 2023

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
honestly this why the 2nd thrill of the fight will probably be dead on arrival. Just update your poo poo, charge more if its worth more. Anyone who was excited about the first game probably doesn't really give a poo poo so your word of mouth marketing is probably dead too

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

jon blow is making a VR game, which is both good news (his puzzle design at least is excellent even if the presentation is pretentious) and bad news (you'll have to give jon blow money to play it)

https://www.roadtovr.com/jonathan-blow-vr-game-braid

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

LIterallyABikeshop posted:

honestly this why the 2nd thrill of the fight will probably be dead on arrival. Just update your poo poo, charge more if its worth more. Anyone who was excited about the first game probably doesn't really give a poo poo so your word of mouth marketing is probably dead too

Thrill is old enough at this point an entirely new game wouldn't be insane. Its been on stand alones for 4+ years I think at this point.

See with thrill you just dive the price of the old one down, call it the cheapy budget version of the new hotness and thats that.

Radius isn't old enough to pull that off. Its also a more "in depth" game where people may have attachments to whatever. Doing an upgrade + DLC just makes way more sense for the kind of game it is, and for how young it really is. Remember, stand alone release dates are the ones that matter. PCVR don't matter. Just because something was in EA for years don't mean its that old.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
If they follow the same model, ITR2 Stand Alone won't come out until 2027 anyway :v:

I also hate how true it is that the PCVR release date doesn't matter at all. In terms of both sales numbers and mindshare.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I bought Light Brigade on the meta store, but i'm waiting until the devs do a Quest 3 update before I play it.

Co-op for Into The Radius 2 looks dope. I just hope they introduce nice enemy variety and different biomes. I'm sure they'll keep the awesome weapons system.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Bondematt posted:

I also hate how true it is that the PCVR release date doesn't matter at all. In terms of both sales numbers and mindshare.

I think its always going to be like that. The whole PC side of VR sucks for normal people. I put up with it because I'm used to it but if I was average joe gamer I'd gently caress off of VR if all that existed was PCVR.

Stand alone rules. Its the only reason we're still seeing money being pumped into VR.

We're all nerds in this thread mostly. So like, of course we all probably personally prefer PCVR. Just the openness of it all and higher quality graphics etc etc. Sally and Jim average consumer tho? They don't give a fuuuuuck.

Bondematt posted:

If they follow the same model, ITR2 Stand Alone won't come out until 2027 anyway :v:

Sadly lots of games have that happen.

We were hoping to be at 1.0 before the year end and we're back starting over from scratch simply due to staff changes and all that. Rough poo poo. :(

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Is Vertigo 2 worth picking up? I've played and enjoyed a whole bunch of other singleplayer VR games but I somehow missed this one.

Shoefish
Sep 29, 2005
captain haggis mcnipplesworthy
Turning my TV on breaks my steamlink/airlink/virtual desktop. Any ideas why? I have my quest 3 running as the only thing on the 5ghz band on my router. Apple tv is hardwired through ethernet. TV is on the 2.4ghz wifi. Anything else worth trying?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shoefish posted:

Turning my TV on breaks my steamlink/airlink/virtual desktop. Any ideas why? I have my quest 3 running as the only thing on the 5ghz band on my router. Apple tv is hardwired through ethernet. TV is on the 2.4ghz wifi. Anything else worth trying?

That doesn't sound like it should be doing anything, but is there any reason to have your TV connected to wifi if you have an AppleTV?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Finally sat down and gave the new Steam Link app a try.
Biggest thing for me is that VD always required me to turn off my VPN.
This seems to have no problems with it on.
Though I did like VDs built in video player for watching 3d movies.
I can just use DeoVR on Steam though.

Shoefish
Sep 29, 2005
captain haggis mcnipplesworthy

Tiny Timbs posted:

That doesn't sound like it should be doing anything, but is there any reason to have your TV connected to wifi if you have an AppleTV?

Nope, I can't find a way to disable the wifi though, I have it just connecting to 0.0.0.0 and it still breaks my airlink :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I have about 30AUD bux to spend, what's something rad to grab?
My shortlist is The Light Brigade, one of the Bone games or Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades but I'm open to other suggestions (even non-shooting ones). Already have Into the Radius and Pistol Whip on the Quest.
I don't know what to think about Zero Caliber VR. How does Synth Riders hold up to Beat Saber?
I wish more of these had demos :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I prefer Synth Riders to Beat Saber personally, you have to reach out to hit the targets so you move your arms more. You also don't have to mod it to add custom content, and if you're on PC then check https://synthriderz.com/ and you can add songs direct from your browser.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I finally found the game I've been dreaming about since Guitar Hero days. Paradiddle is a drum game like Rock Band, but it works in mixed-reality and lets you map the in-game pads to an actual physical e-kit. For someone that's been playing modded Rock Band with an e-kit for nearly a decade now, this is a potential game changer. Can't wait to check it out this evening after work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8hG5E45xE

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Croccers posted:

I have about 30AUD bux to spend, what's something rad to grab?
My shortlist is The Light Brigade, one of the Bone games or Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades but I'm open to other suggestions (even non-shooting ones). Already have Into the Radius and Pistol Whip on the Quest.
I don't know what to think about Zero Caliber VR. How does Synth Riders hold up to Beat Saber?
I wish more of these had demos :(

H3VR's a lot of fun, especially as they just added a new Take-and-Hold level, but it is wholly dependent on how interested you are in shooting firearms with realistically-modeled physics both common and rare.

And sometimes very, very, cursed firearms as well. Whether by actual historical design, or something silly made just for fun. Like a hand-held brace for a 50-Cal bullet fired by whacking it with a big mallet held in your other hand.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A pair of game announcements
https://www.roadtovr.com/jonathan-blow-vr-game-braid/
“This game has a boundary-pushing design and is made for untethered, roomscale play, with none of those game-ruining concessions for seated or stationary play,” says Blow.
While the game is far from a formal announcement, he recently shared that he’s looking to hire a small team of developers for the project, including a VR Lead Programmer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPeVFUBEC-k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Turin Turambar posted:

A pair of game announcements
https://www.roadtovr.com/jonathan-blow-vr-game-braid/
“This game has a boundary-pushing design and is made for untethered, roomscale play, with none of those game-ruining concessions for seated or stationary play,” says Blow.
While the game is far from a formal announcement, he recently shared that he’s looking to hire a small team of developers for the project, including a VR Lead Programmer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPeVFUBEC-k

He's not able to stay off of Twitter long enough to make games these days. A friend of mine art directed an entire game for him that has just... disappeared into the ether.