Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

This is rarely a topical strip! Last weekend there was a minor national scandal when it was SHOCKINGLY revealed that for decades the sound effects in cross country ski races on TV had been added to the broadcasts by foley artists, who had "ski swish", "crowd cheer", "cowbell" and other such samples on their MIDI keyboards and would just press keys to dub in the sounds.

No. Seriously:

https://yle.fi/aihe/a/20-10005843

For some reason I find this hilarious, even though in hindsight it should have been obvious that it would be nearly impossible to get authentic audio for an event like that. :allears: Props to the foley artists though, I never would have noticed there was anything artificial about the sound in that first clip.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Santa's Victory Christmas (December 2, 1942)

Sally Forth swears in Wingdings.

Peanuts (December 4, 1976)

Cranskshaft

It's a driving snowstorm and the owner of the property hasn't let them in yet. I'm desperately hoping that the payoff to this is that Funky left the keys to Montoni's on the kitchen table in Florida.

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (April 1-3, 1935)

Daisy Mae Scragg (or, more to the point, the way Al Capp writes Daisy Mae at this point in the strip) is already kind of working on my nerves, and I'm looking forward to when this strip goes all-in on being weird.

Thimble Theater (July 6, 1940)

Out Our Way (June 17-19, 1943)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 2, 2023

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

EasyEW posted:

Li'l Abner (April 1-3, 1935)

Daisy Mae Scragg (or, more to the point, the way Al Capp writes Daisy Mae at this point in the strip) is already kind of working on my nerves, and I'm looking forward to when this strip goes all-in on being weird'

Oh, it's comin'

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Cowslips Warren posted:

has anyone in Kevin and Kell not, you know, gotten married and had kids/adopted kids? like is it possible to be single and not be a parent?

The cat married her job but then later she fell in love with a mouse or something?

I would also love to know the answer to this, but also, has a gay courtship ever been drawn out like this? The rhino and horse were already together when they were introduced, whatsername's rabbit dads have always acted as one person, and Samantha's time daughter had some sort of weird retroactive time courtship with her girlfriend that happened without the two of them actually meeting.

Meanwhile, the dodos do sitcom couple gags despite being asexually-reproducing shapeshifting cyborgs.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth swears in Wingdings.

Sal, since she decided to move to the home she has been telling you in a very straightforward and unambiguous manner that she would prefer to be asked about her wishes instead of being told what they are. At this point I'm having a hard time mustering sympathy, even if she is a bitch about it.

Luann

Okay, I guess now I have to check the Sunday strip tomorrow in case they do a big skydiving panel or something.

Gil Thorp

I've felt like Gil has been strangely chill about this whole affair thing so far. (You had your wife's mistress over for Thanksgiving dinner? Really?) I like today's, though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Okay, I guess now I have to check the Sunday strip tomorrow in case they do a big skydiving panel or something.

Calling right now that it's going to be the dad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Randomwaffle thread dug this edit up:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Fun fact: Johnston lived/lives in Corbeil, just outside my hometown of North Bay, Ontario (I actually met her briefly once when I was a teen). "Lilliput Books" is an homage to the late Gulliver's Books on Main Street in North Bay.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/final-page-turns-as-the-hunt-begins-to-replace-gullivers-quality-books-and-toys-1047651

I also remember the sculpture and its short-lived tenure outside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_hmm89xT1E

https://binky-betsy.livejournal.com/1795177.html?thread=77605737#t77605737

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing
Ting’d for breasteses.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 24, 1960)

I get that he's supposed to be wincing, but check the OG duckface Val's making in the last panel

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Been down for the count with a nasty sinus infection. I'm getting better but my ear is still clogged and hurts.

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i want to call out something that seems cool to me: Flash/Dale/Zarkon using nongendered pronouns for Bones.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/2/51

Archie 11/25-27/48

If you were enjoying the cute, funny pig jokes the last couple of days, I strongly recommend you skip straight to November 27.

Anyway, Archie, Jughead, and Betty solve the problem of getting rid of all the pigs in Riverdale in 24 hours by taking them to a very nice farm just out of town where they'll live their best lives possible.

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 11/18/51

Selachian fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 3, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 11/18/51

As seen in panel 4, one of the stranger effects of a total eclipse is that at the moment of totality, an eclair with a bite taken out of the middle appears in front of your face. Even today, scientists are unsure what causes this.

...Seriously, what IS that?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's an extremely stylised solar corona.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LvK posted:

also ffs I know that my edits aren't funny but you all could've told me that I was losing my touch when I did this:

instead of taking the easy route and doing THIS:

I chuckled. There's also almost a man-train reference in there somewhere.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

This is rarely a topical strip! Last weekend there was a minor national scandal when it was SHOCKINGLY revealed that for decades the sound effects in cross country ski races on TV had been added to the broadcasts by foley artists, who had "ski swish", "crowd cheer", "cowbell" and other such samples on their MIDI keyboards and would just press keys to dub in the sounds.

No. Seriously:

Is nothing sacred?

F Minus

Mark Trail

Go ahead--explain that perspective to me.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

What the gently caress is wrong with you you goddamn weirdos

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

davidspackage posted:

Phantom Babies Saturday morning spinoff

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Go ahead--explain that perspective to me.

Another powerful entry into the New Trail Hall of Shame.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

No. Seriously:

watching the olympics and such, i always assumed the cowbells were some kind of signal from the coaches to the athletes, or perhaps from the course marshals to the athletes. my illusions

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Professor Wayne posted:

Calling right now that it's going to be the dad
Or the brother. That "credits transfer" or whatever poster was pretty prominent.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i want to call out something that seems cool to me: Flash/Dale/Zarkon using nongendered pronouns for Bones.
Yeah it's good as hell, he puts some representation into his comics and doesn't really treat it as a Thing.

Remember Kids, The Prey Outnumber The Predators In This Setting

Bang French Sex Workers While Their Wife Is Also In The House

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Which feeling? The one where she got so sick of the guy that she dumped him and ran away despite being pregnant with his child or the one where she has unprotected sex with him?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (June 23-28, 2004)

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Hostile V posted:

Or the brother. That "credits transfer" or whatever poster was pretty prominent.

I bet it'll be Toni, the only "daredevil" in this milquetoast strip; she took Brad's last name, right?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Weembles posted:

Which feeling? The one where she got so sick of the guy that she dumped him and ran away despite being pregnant with his child or the one where she has unprotected sex with him?

Yes.

But not in that order.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

davidspackage posted:

I still think they're shipping the wrong one of their kids with Kadia. Let Kit and Sarvana go back to the mountains and get revenge.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"I'm sorry, but this reads like it was written by a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters."

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Drimble Wedge posted:

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Why does it smell like farts?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"'Francis Bacon' just isn't a name that grabs you, you know?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_q_V0No8gA

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I can't find the vomiting smiley. Is there seriously no vomiting smiley on these dadgummed comedy forums

quote:

Apartment 3-G

Oh my god, is Apartment 3-G a prequel to The Queen's Gambit?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

I can't find the vomiting smiley. Is there seriously no vomiting smiley on these dadgummed comedy forums
:barf: or the standard 🤮.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (December 30, 2001)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Zippy The Pinhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Tiggum posted:

:barf: or the standard 🤮.

Ah, thank you. I knew I wasn't imagining it. There are just so many synonyms for vomit.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

:barf: