Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

...I don't think I've ever heard of this Phantom Dust game before today and I had an Original Xbox...game rules lol

some of my apps still get stuck downloading and I have no idea why. Apple TV refuses to install for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fly Ricky posted:

Most of my 360 games have lost their save data. Is this because I let my Gold subscription lapse before buying a Series X?

360 had a cloud drive you had to have actually stored your saves in instead of just mirroring everything automatically. Maybe you didn't use that? If you can still use your 360 you can move your saves over.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

...I don't think I've ever heard of this Phantom Dust game before today and I had an Original Xbox...game rules lol

some of my apps still get stuck downloading and I have no idea why. Apple TV refuses to install for some reason

Phantom Dust is so good. I played it on OG Xbox and you can't imagine how hype I was when I played it on PC through Xbox App many, many years later. And now it's just freely available :')

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Anyone ever play Lost Odyssey? I picked it up a few months ago on sale and just now getting around to play it. It's a little sluggish but I feel like a lot of 360 games are.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Anyone ever play Lost Odyssey? I picked it up a few months ago on sale and just now getting around to play it. It's a little sluggish but I feel like a lot of 360 games are.

It's the real Final Fantasy XIII by the people who actually used to make games for that series. Not perfect, "a little sluggish" is an apt description, but the story and characters are engaging and the soundtrack's pretty cool.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I remember liking it a lot back when it came out. I played with the German VO because it sounded best to me lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How's coral island

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seltzer posted:

How's coral island

It's Stardew Valley with hot people and a year long development road map because it released unfinished

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I've not really seen much positive feedback on it in the farm life thread. I'd been torn between My Time at Sandrock and Coral Island but ultimately I'm very glad I picked the former. And yeah, releasing it as 1.0 when there's a bunch missing didn't help its case for me.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Waiting for sandrock to hit gamepass, seems likely considering Portia is on there.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I had weird slowdowns in town on Coral Island.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

FireWorksWell posted:

I've not really seen much positive feedback on it in the farm life thread. I'd been torn between My Time at Sandrock and Coral Island but ultimately I'm very glad I picked the former. And yeah, releasing it as 1.0 when there's a bunch missing didn't help its case for me.

Are they both on gamepass?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I have had a lot of fun with coral island but I think it's probably because I have zero experience with the genre so nothing really to compare it with other than a few minutes of playing stardew and graveyard keeper on game pass. also because I didn't have to buy it. I do think it helps that it's a great looking game with nice distinct characters and beautiful art.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Seltzer posted:

Are they both on gamepass?

Just Coral Island, My Time at Portia is on there so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandrock eventually.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Does Coral Island have split screen co-op? It was the reason I got 100 hours in stardew without blinking.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I loaded up "Steamworld Build" but I dunno if I want to play yet another city builder.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Does Coral Island have split screen co-op? It was the reason I got 100 hours in stardew without blinking.

Nope, but co-op of some kind is supposedly coming in a later patch. The PC version has a development roadmap in the main menu that seems to be missing from the Series X version.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Started playing Deep Rock Galactic and it's pretty fun. I'm really feeling in my element as a gunner with a big BRRRRRRRTT gun. :haw: We did just 2 missions but it's very obvious this game is deep as balls, there's tons of customisation options, upgrade perks, challenges, missions etc.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Started playing Deep Rock Galactic and it's pretty fun. I'm really feeling in my element as a gunner with a big BRRRRRRRTT gun. :haw: We did just 2 missions but it's very obvious this game is deep as balls, there's tons of customisation options, upgrade perks, challenges, missions etc.

I played this with pals ages ago and it looks like there are a ton of new things in it, which is cool. I need to get the old gang back together!!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I spent way too long playing the barrel kick game in the station

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Remnant 2 is pretty fun but is it normal to just get wrecked in certain areas by bosses? I have no idea what is going on half the time lol.

I’m wondering if I have wandered into an area while being seriously under levelled.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

priznat posted:

Remnant 2 is pretty fun but is it normal to just get wrecked in certain areas by bosses? I have no idea what is going on half the time lol.

I’m wondering if I have wandered into an area while being seriously under levelled.

Haven't played 2 but the first one was like that, yeah. There's a bit of Dark Soulsy influence, you might benefit from some grinding, or getting guder

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Souls likes coming to game pass leads to funny user reviews.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Timothy Chalamet was at Kojima Productions recently so I assume that is why he has a Wonka-themed Xbox now

From like a week ago but Chamalet used to actually do Xbox controller mods and reviews on Youtube

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/27/22748684/timothee-chalamet-xbox-360-controller-youtube

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I bought Sandrock on release day. It's the perfect Sunday afternoon game.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

elf help book posted:

360 had a cloud drive you had to have actually stored your saves in instead of just mirroring everything automatically. Maybe you didn't use that? If you can still use your 360 you can move your saves over.

That must be it, thanks.

I’ll have to check if my father still has it (hand me down). Although he’s since purchased a Series S so it’s doubtful.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

priznat posted:

I loaded up "Steamworld Build" but I dunno if I want to play yet another city builder.

I tried it because I liked the other Steamworld games but it seemed pretty tedious to me. Not much choice in the tech tree it seems.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

John F Bennett posted:

I bought Sandrock on release day. It's the perfect Sunday afternoon game.

I've been playing it every day since it hit. 60% through the main story and 68 hours so far, this game is so drat big (and charming as hell) and console is still waiting on some stuff from the PC version, like babies/kids.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I tried coral island for like 15 minutes. The graphic style is really off putting in a way thats hard to describe. Everyone kinda looks like those Meta avatars they were touting awhile back

Also the controls are a bit finnicky when using menus or trying to line up the right tile to use a tool on. Hard pass from me. I'll look at some of the other farm sims.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Neco posted:

I tried it because I liked the other Steamworld games but it seemed pretty tedious to me. Not much choice in the tech tree it seems.

Yeah same if you are really into the whole steamworld vibe I guess it could be fun but after 30 minutes I was bored. And I liked the other games too!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Seltzer posted:

Also the controls are a bit finnicky when using menus or trying to line up the right tile to use a tool on. Hard pass from me. I'll look at some of the other farm sims.
Stardew Valley is still goat in the genre.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Issaries posted:

Stardew Valley is still goat in the genre.

Yup, absolutely! There’s a new patch coming out imminently as well, I think before end of the year is the plan. Crazy that a one man team has kept releasing free updates for nearly 8 years now, though I guess he’s earned enough money from it that he can do whatever he wants.

I spent a couple of hours with Steamworld Build last night and quite enjoyed it. I’ve always loved the Anno series, and this has taken pretty heavy inspiration from Anno 1800 which is a fantastic city builder.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

priznat posted:

Is a dark souls-like game with guns. You can complete the entire game with just pura raw skill. But you can also stack more in your favour exploring different maps and collecting many rings, the creating a build that fit your playstyle... but also having a idea what that mean.
Theres like 200 rings in the game, many are gaming changing, and many game changing rings have synergy with other rings.

Remnant and Remnant 2 are great games, but they are designed to challenge the solo game. Remnant 1 more than 2, in Remnat 2 is not unusual to kill some boss in the first try.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Remnant 1 was first on Game Pass a while ago and I found it super confusing. The very first boss (Gorefist I guess) was absolutely ball-crushingly hard for me and then I barely remember any serious difficulty after that. It was just all over the place and it felt like not playing multiplayer meant the game made no sense or something

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
One of the things that frustrates me about Remnant is I take so much damage from bosses trying to run away to reload/heal because I cant see their attacks while trying to run/dodge. In Dark Souls you can lock on to retreat/dodge while you look for a window to Estus.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lmao, never doing searches again

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1731451934182191161?s=20

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I cashed in all my points for game pass ultimate and am set til May at least.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

priznat posted:

I cashed in all my points for game pass ultimate and am set til May at least.

I converted turkish xbox live gold into 3 years of gamepass for $120 and I'm set til 2025. I was telling you all but no one was listening!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Now I am calling bullshit. I'm good on GPU till July 2025 but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it indefinitely if these changes stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Never realized how many poor freeloaders there were. Phil was right to kick your ungrateful asses out.