Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i thought for a second of what's my favorite video game bird and it's this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's a cat :colbert:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

HopperUK posted:

Uhhh no direct links to rape fanfic please.

It's not a 'rape fanfic' you dorks, it's tagged as that because it contains mention of sexual abuse and treats it as the absolutely horrific atrocity that it is, and how it plays a significant part in explaining why mages in DA often turn to demons and blood magic.

VostokProgram posted:

explain to me the logic of using a fanfiction as a piece of evidence.

The logic is that it collates a bunch of canon from the series and explains why Anders does what he does and why so many mages will resort to any extreme rather than endure any more Templar control.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I maybe don't agree with all the changes in Violet (can't skip battle animations?), but this makes up for a lot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ms Adequate posted:

It's not a 'rape fanfic' you dorks, it's tagged as that because it contains mention of sexual abuse and treats it as the absolutely horrific atrocity that it is, and how it plays a significant part in explaining why mages in DA often turn to demons and blood magic.

The logic is that it collates a bunch of canon from the series and explains why Anders does what he does and why so many mages will resort to any extreme rather than endure any more Templar control.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Extremely good emote material

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

this is never going to be a site broadly receptive to fanfiction and you are broaching the topic in the worst way

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What a cool bird!

YES! :3:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Oxxidation posted:

this is never going to be a site broadly receptive to fanfiction and you are broaching the topic in the worst way

Yeah, fair points I guess :sigh: Well, okay, laugh at me for my foolishness goons.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah, fair points I guess :sigh: Well, okay, laugh at me for my foolishness goons.

For what it’s worth, thanks for taking the L so well, many internet posters would’ve gone weirder and more hostile and made it tense/annoying for everyone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oh i forgot to post my bird because imgbb was down

Someone mentioned "the lesser spotted blue tit" on an episode of Taskmaster and I thought "that's a real bird? i should have seen it in wingspan" but i needed the British Birds expansion I guess

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

probably not real, I am very stupid though so i'll believe anything! And to be fair Rockstar has been terrible about keeping things secure.
https://twitter.com/GTAVILEAKSS/status/1731146833802785009

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 3, 2023

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It feels fake, but wow that’s a lot if effort if it’s fake. The plane clip at the end was most out of place because the city below was real-life sized, not game city sized.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

It feels fake, but wow that’s a lot if effort if it’s fake. The plane clip at the end was most out of place because the city below was real-life sized, not game city sized.

Yeah that part is what gives it away after looking at it again, looked to have been from Microsoft Flight Simulator.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the original tweeter even says it's fake

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fanmade doesn't mean it's not the real deal. Maybe they hire fans now instead of rockstars.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jay Rust posted:

For what it’s worth, thanks for taking the L so well, many internet posters would’ve gone weirder and more hostile and made it tense/annoying for everyone

Ahaha yeah, I've seen enough people try posting through it to know better. It was a dumb way to try and make my point and I'm a big girl, I can cope with being told that.

Anyway moving on, I was hopeful that the GTA6 would be a real leak but, yeah. Though I do wonder if some day someone will actually try making a true to scale game like that, so when you fly over it it really does look like that last shot. It would probably be terminally boring to play, it works in something like Project Zomboid because every house can be important in all kinds of ways, in a GTA it'd just be more streets to drive on while the characters have conversations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Fanmade doesn't mean it's not the real deal. Maybe they hire fans now instead of rockstars.

Rockstar, hire this man

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah it's a great film. The first part with the romantic comedy works surprisingly well and then to contrast that with the ever rising tension in the background as the birds start gathering. Plus you get that way ahead of it's time score, you really gotta give it to Hitchcock for his prowess as a director and censure him for his actions towards Hedren.

it's boring until the birds show up

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh i forgot to post my bird because imgbb was down

Someone mentioned "the lesser spotted blue tit" on an episode of Taskmaster and I thought "that's a real bird? i should have seen it in wingspan" but i needed the British Birds expansion I guess

well of course the tits are DLC

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ms Adequate posted:

Ahaha yeah, I've seen enough people try posting through it to know better. It was a dumb way to try and make my point and I'm a big girl, I can cope with being told that.

Anyway moving on, I was hopeful that the GTA6 would be a real leak but, yeah. Though I do wonder if some day someone will actually try making a true to scale game like that, so when you fly over it it really does look like that last shot. It would probably be terminally boring to play, it works in something like Project Zomboid because every house can be important in all kinds of ways, in a GTA it'd just be more streets to drive on while the characters have conversations.

You think you want this, but once you realize the drive between every mission is a half hour commute, you want to go back to the smaller, tighter cities of previous games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

welp the DLC for wo long was not only short in terms of missions but all the bosses are so loving bullshit and frustrating that i might just take it off my goty list entirely

should have just done the roguelite mode instead of bothering trying to do the dlc but oh loving well suck my entire loving cock you piece of poo poo game

What's this about a roguelite mode

I really liked the DLC but I don't remember Wo Long having anything like that

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
would missingno have been as memorable if it didn't have that blank spot in the upper left and had just been a solid rectangle of gibberish instead

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

oh mighty missingno bless me with infinite rare candies

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

my old enemy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

would missingno have been as memorable if it didn't have that blank spot in the upper left and had just been a solid rectangle of gibberish instead

i think it still would have been memorable but perhaps not to the extent that everyone remembers exactly what it looked like

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

it's boring until the birds show up

Agreed, good thing it opens in a pet store

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

No way, his shape is what gives him character and life outside of glitching texture.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gently caress rectangles

in this house we stan irregular shapes only

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want to see MORE COOL BIRDS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ChickenHeart posted:

I want to see MORE COOL BIRDS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcrmQhP4NMs

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

What's this about a roguelite mode

I really liked the DLC but I don't remember Wo Long having anything like that

basically what it says on the tin. i died a few times in the beginning cause you start with no morale and no bonuses as you would imagine but once you get going its pretty fun.

the DLC was underwhelming to me even without dying over and over to the bosses (i should have just done them on ng instead of ng+, probably would have been fine)

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Video Birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ymgve posted:

You think you want this, but once you realize the drive between every mission is a half hour commute, you want to go back to the smaller, tighter cities of previous games

Oh you misunderstand, I don't want it at all, for exactly the reason you say. I'm just wondering if any devs out there will ever decide it's a good idea. It would at least be interesting to see the attempt.