Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

This clown hung it at 3am to avoid eagles fans lmfao
honestly though if he went there at 3pm he still might not find eagles fans. that's basically a tourist stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles fans are bitchmade across the board he could disrespect that dumbass statue in broad daylight and the most he'd get is some honking.

God drat philly sucks. Makes a stupid rear end statue for a movie that they based their entire personality around instead of an actual homegrown guy like Joe Frazier.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

Eagles fans are bitchmade across the board he could disrespect that dumbass statue in broad daylight and the most he'd get is some honking.

God drat philly sucks. Makes a stupid rear end statue for a movie that they based their entire personality around instead of an actual homegrown guy like Joe Frazier.

Come down here in a giants jersey and say this poo poo to a bunch of drunken delco fans

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doltos posted:

it is my least favorite thing about the city. E: besides racism and sexism and homophobia and all that stuff I’m woke.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nobody likes us we dont care lmao

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
If the New Jersey giants make it to the playoffs it would be hilarious.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

nobody likes us we dont care lmao

you stole that chant (and recreated it badly) from millwall, who are mostly known for being a group of violent, racist fascists, just fyi

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Diqnol posted:

Come down here in a giants jersey and say this poo poo to a bunch of drunken delco fans

What the national media and general public think of as the stereotypical "Philly fan" persona is absolutely Delco people. Second closest would probably be northeast Philly

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think Philly has the best racist fans in the country and it isn't even close everyone is just jealous

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Funniest thing to me about Philly embracing ROcky as a mascot (aside from being fictional) is that everyone forgets he LOST in the first movie.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Funniest thing to me about Philly embracing ROcky as a mascot (aside from being fictional) is that everyone forgets he LOST in the first movie.

And who's going to the game today? You guessed it... Frank Sylvester Stallone.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
^^^red in Norm McDonald's voice^^^

Nice

SF being favored on the road here is giving me concerns. Usually, Vegas gets stuff like this right when a spread makes little instinctual sense. And I just feel like sooner or later, some of the luck we've had is gonna run out and the mistakes we make will catch up to us.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I tried watching the first one a few years ago, but stopped off after the scene at the end of Rocky and Adrian's first "date". that was some hosed up poo poo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to be clear all the Rocky movies and Creed are great but you have to be the biggest morons in the world to embrace it as your city's identity especially when you're the third or fourth most important city in America.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to the Eagles becoming the worst 11-1 team of all-time today.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Doltos posted:

I want to be clear all the Rocky movies and Creed are great but you have to be the biggest morons in the world to embrace it as your city's identity especially when you're the third or fourth most important city in America.

Counterpoint: He's probably the only well-known fictional character from the neighborhood I grew up in, and is therefore cool and good

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah i think it's pretty silly that philly is all-in on rocky, but for as large and important as the city is there's kind of a shocking lack of television/movies set here

we should be brave enough to just fully embrace charlie, mac, and dee, but alas

edit: we do have gritty, so that's something

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Crescent Wrench posted:

Looking forward to the Eagles becoming the worst 11-1 team of all-time today.

What's the protocol or etiquette when I ardently dislike both teams and their respective fanbases, accordingly

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

yeah i think it's pretty silly that philly is all-in on rocky, but for as large and important as the city is there's kind of a shocking lack of television/movies set here

we should be brave enough to just fully embrace charlie, mac, and dee, but alas

edit: we do have gritty, so that's something

Well you can't have Charlie, Mac, and Dee without Frank and Dennis as well.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Howell saw Bland's pick-6 record and thought, "I can beat that"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Philly is all in on rocky in the same way we’re all in on genos or battery tossing

Aka something we maintain as a way of filtering natives from outsiders

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Please bench the Commie starters. Zero reason to risk them during this massacre. Play starters for the Cowboys game but that's about it.

This is just gross.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

That wasn't the point of the movie

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I am in one of the few markets in the country that isn’t getting Niner-Eagles :argh:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I figured the first one was more so because how much of an underdog Rocky was going against the champ (an exhibition match if i recall too so there was no title on the line). He lost sure, but he put up a hell of a fight. First one was amazing even if it had some.. unforunate things in it. *looks at Adrian*

Also we 49ers fans do not acknowledge that idiot.

is that a thing btw? Other fans apparently putting jerseys on that statue?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 3, 2023

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

Shindragon posted:

we 49ers fans

:frogout:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hey one of yours entered ours. :colbert:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Anyone who says gently caress the Cowboys is welcome here, and the 49ers have helped hosed them several times.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

beep by grandpa posted:

That wasn't the point of the movie

Doltos incredible football brain has cost him knowledge of literally anything else. :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah he’s more of a Dallas guy

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand philadelphia culture. The horse poo poo is chunky but subtle, and without a solid grasp of homelessness and despair most of the jokes will go over the head of a true american. There's also sirianni's eyes that look like buttholes, which are deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from greek stories about butt literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this hellhole, to realize it's not just smelly- it also says something about america as a failed state. As a consequence people who dislike philadelphia culture truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in whatever i'm done efforting this poo poo meme

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

10-1

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Shindragon posted:

is that a thing btw? Other fans apparently putting jerseys on that statue?

it has become something of a tradition, yeah

iirc it doesn't tend to go well for those teams, but y'know

(eagles gonna get whooped today imo)

(i was wrong about this the past like five times and i hope it continues)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What are you doing, Jalen

edit: I’m having to watch this on loving redzone so any post that adds any color on this game is welcome.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 3, 2023

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

MrMojok posted:

What are you doing, Jalen

I didn't think NFCE clownball would ever include like, Dick Van Dyke style pratfalls

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rocky 5 is bad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how was that offsides flag so late

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Clearly a catch

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
On what planet is that not a catch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
I dunno I thought he trapped it between his chest and the ground but it's probably not getting overturned.