Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Space Opera posted:

Today I finally got C6 Kaeya from the shop....and realized despite playing pretty consistently since launch, I still don't have C6 Barbara :stare:

I've been playing since launch and I still don't have a c0 Chongyun. Despite having no desire to actually play him, I'm tempted to pick that dude up from Lantern Rite just so he's finally in my roster (and I have all of the other Liyue 4*s at c6 anyways, except for the ones with names that start with Y)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I could've sworn that they basically gave out C6 Barb at the start of the game (1.0ish) though?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

They really need to add more 4* to the shop, things are going to be ridiculous by the time we get Natlan 4* in the pool.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Obnoxipus posted:

I could've sworn that they basically gave out C6 Barb at the start of the game (1.0ish) though?

Nope

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Dori's kit at least kind of comes together at C6 and she has some vague uses as an Aggravate driver who can heal. Sure, that's mostly being carried by being Electro in a post-Dendro world, and there are generally better options, but it is at least theoretically plausible that you could build Dori and accomplish something with her.

Sara is annoying and constellation dependent but her kit has a focus and it actually accomplishes what it sets out to do.

I legitimately have no idea what anyone is supposed to do with Xinyan.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i, uh, i guess i'm a noelle main now. i'm not sure i have a choice.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Space Opera posted:

They really need to add more 4* to the shop, things are going to be ridiculous by the time we get Natlan 4* in the pool.

Yeah, the 4* pool's getting pretty deep now, and it's getting harder and harder to pull new ones, much less get one of them to C6. I finally pulled a Kirara off of this banner, but I've missed multiple 4*s stars at this point and I think it's only going to get worse for me. Adding them to the shop's a good idea

Kale
May 14, 2010

xZAOx posted:

Just got Kujou Sara out of the standard banner. I have no memory of anyone ever mentioning her.

I'm guessing she's not very good.

Well her character is :catstare: frowning aggressively at everyone besides Raiden who she collects merchandise for like she's a K-Pop stan.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

gently caress me, I just wanted a Kuki dupe and wasted my guarantee on c1 Ayato after only 12 pulls after my lost would-be c1 Furina 5 star pull to loving Qiqi on pull 87…my Ayato is pretty invested so some extra strength isn’t the worst thing but poo poo it can’t get much worse in terms of timing. I really wish there was a more reasonable way to get 4 stars. There are so goddamn many of them that I had no idea when Kuki will be back and I’ve been sitting on c0 since Inazuma. It’s just a problem that will only get worse over time too, which sucks especially with 4 stars that want cons. I’ve been sitting on an actually useless c5 Sara since Inazuma too. It’s weird that 4 stars have even more rarity than most 5 stars, and then they put the ones people want on undesirable banners; it just feels bad overall.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tree Reformat posted:

Xinyan feels like what they tried to do with Xingqiu and Bennett: jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Except it turned out they were really freaking OP for certain roles anyway.
Bennett has the best buff in the game and the best particle generation in the game. At the time of release xingqiu had the best off field elemental application \by a factor of like 3x more than the next runner up. I think they are very much masters of particular things that are also good at other things.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 2, 2023

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

rio posted:

gently caress me, I just wanted a Kuki dupe and wasted my guarantee on c1 Ayato after only 12 pulls after my lost would-be c1 Furina 5 star pull to loving Qiqi on pull 87…my Ayato is pretty invested so some extra strength isn’t the worst thing but poo poo it can’t get much worse in terms of timing. I really wish there was a more reasonable way to get 4 stars. There are so goddamn many of them that I had no idea when Kuki will be back and I’ve been sitting on c0 since Inazuma. It’s just a problem that will only get worse over time too, which sucks especially with 4 stars that want cons. I’ve been sitting on an actually useless c5 Sara since Inazuma too. It’s weird that 4 stars have even more rarity than most 5 stars, and then they put the ones people want on undesirable banners; it just feels bad overall.

I roll for 4*s only if I'm on the 50/50, and only for 40 pulls. That way if I get a super early 5* it'll still feel ok, especially if I lose the 50/50 to guarantee the next one.

I'd like some Kuki dupes right now too, but it just ain't a good idea to risk my guaranteed Navia. At least now that you've already hosed yourself, you're in a decent position to fish a bit more for Kukis.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Vargs posted:

I roll for 4*s only if I'm on the 50/50, and only for 40 pulls. That way if I get a super early 5* it'll still feel ok, especially if I lose the 50/50 to guarantee the next one.

I'd like some Kuki dupes right now too, but it just ain't a good idea to risk my guaranteed Navia. At least now that you've already hosed yourself, you're in a decent position to fish a bit more for Kukis.

Yeah and honestly now I wouldn’t mind another early 5 star - a won 50/50 is c2 for Ayato which I never planned on but would like, and a fail would mean another guarantee. I hope this bad luck will translate into some good 4 star luck at least and bring me some Kukis.

Normally I wouldn’t have risked a guarantee but I use Kuki so much and have wanted dupes for so long now. It got the better of me, and it figured that the rare early 5 star I got would be now.

Unrelated, I’ve been building Noelle and am a little confused on her build. Any of you use a Noelle/Furina team? I’ve seen people using Favonius for her, but my only greatsword a built are SS and the fish sword. I have an unbuilt Skyward so if she really wants that extra ER would that work instead of Favonius? Also is Husk no longer desirable with Marcherusse (spelling is way off I know) way better for her now? I trashed a lot of DEF pieces when I was building Neuvi so if so that is going to hurt.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I have MH and a Favonius on my Noelle and her damage is acceptable. Itto's Redhorn would be more than twice as good on her but I don't have it and she does need quite a lot of ER even if you have Gorou and Yunjin in the team, but obviously far less with both of them using Fav weapons. I currently have her with Def/Geo/CD artifacts but I haven't tried different ones out yet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I only roll for fours, then you can't be disappointed by the five stars you get

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

rio posted:

Unrelated, I’ve been building Noelle and am a little confused on her build. Any of you use a Noelle/Furina team? I’ve seen people using Favonius for her, but my only greatsword a built are SS and the fish sword. I have an unbuilt Skyward so if she really wants that extra ER would that work instead of Favonius? Also is Husk no longer desirable with Marcherusse (spelling is way off I know) way better for her now? I trashed a lot of DEF pieces when I was building Neuvi so if so that is going to hurt.
The reason I play this comp is to use DEF maruchessee pieces, and yeah it's better than husk or gladiator for this comp. Noelle ER requirements are really a question of how much of a sweat you are, you can get away with surprisingly little if you funnel really well but I don't so I just use fav R5 and relax (this helps furina get her burst up too). I use Noelle Gorou Albedo Furina but will also probably be the navia team I try first, Noelle Navia Furina Yelan.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

happy birthday to ganyu, with the cute hair

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh cool i started the Freminet event ("Fremivent"), and we have to help out a kid with fantasy autism, let's get to it

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

oh cool i started the Freminet event ("Fremivent"), and we have to help out a kid with fantasy autism, let's get to it

There's a crown among the rewards, so be sure to finish it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Christ I hate Interlude Chapter 2. Let's trap the player in a single cave with endless repetitive dialogue scenes and almost no gameplay. Not even Max Mittelman can keep me from getting annoyed.

Still, the domain with the light puzzle was genuinely neat and Ushi is cute af.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I've been enjoying my return to Genshin, but this "go talk to three people who've lost their vision" quest is REALLY dragging. I get the idea of whats going on here, but did we really need the same functional story beat three times over? I don't remember the plot dragging as much before, or is that the nature of playing it over several months :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh trust me it gets worse

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
If I say Candace is the worst character in the game it's only because I forget Sara exists.

c0 Freminet is surprisingly decent. Kinda wondering if I should have a phys goblet instead of a cryo.

Meowywitch posted:

Let us know how that goes. :laugh:

At least he gets to pass on unlike the child ghosts of Enkanomiya trapped forever in limbo.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm imagining some sort of insanely cursed 5* whose ideal comp is Xinyan/Candace/(Qiqi?) and I started to feel this weird pressure behind my eyes before I could even get to thinking about how you'd ever make that work

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

oh trust me it gets worse

It also gets better though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sanctum posted:

If I say Candace is the worst character in the game it's only because I forget Sara exists.

c0 Freminet is surprisingly decent. Kinda wondering if I should have a phys goblet instead of a cryo.

Let us know how that goes. :laugh:

umm knowing mihoyo the boy has been dead for years and the mother is actually the one with Loneliness Syndrome?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

The cycle is it gets worse, for too long, and then it gets better and then starts over. I’m sure some people enjoy all of it but for me it’s really only toward the end of each arc that I am invested, and everything else feels super bloated to the point I lose interest. I haven’t even started Fontaine story because of this pattern. It wouldn’t be as bad if I could skim and blow through the dialogue but being forced to listen to the majority of voice lines (especially with how much Paimon speaks) makes me never want to do main story again.

There are exceptions, like samsara which I really enjoyed all the way through. They are capable of writing engaging stories. And for events they are by nature self contained and not as long winded. I really liked the recent poetry event.

It’s just, like a lot of people say, it feels like they get paid by the word or write like a high schooler trying to fill a paper with a minimum word requirement to me.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I feel like Dori loses a bunch of points towards "worst" based on "healer with electro application" being one of the best roles in the game and her being pretty good at it.

But then she gains all those points back for "worst designed," because being completely obsoleted by a 4 star character who came out a few patches earlier is really bad in a "why does she even exist?" Sense. I used her instead of Kuki for a while before I got Kuki, and Dori is straight up just a worse Kuki.

Xinyan, meanwhile, has two main roles and is near the top on both of them, but she cannot really build well for both of them at once and neither of them are good roles. She is legitimately the best physical dps who isn't Eula or Freminet, with the caveat of Razor being lazier by bringing electro. She's also one of the only dedicated physical supports, there's just her and Mika.

But physical is trash so she's pretty bad.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It is nice that they designed a Physical character who wasn't handcuffed to being Electro or Cryo. Unfortunately, it turns out there are kind of good reasons for that.

But also, if they want Physical units to be good, stop making them Claymore would be a good start.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Put enemies with more health that take crazy amounts of damage from straight up physical damage

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Oh wait I forgot my original use case for Xinyan, which she is decent at.

She provides decent shields, while also bringing either a second pyro for resonance, or some decent application for cryo shield breaking.

Like Thoma but way cooler and I presume not as steady or something since I don't see her mentioned for burgeon.

Edit--
So yeah the point is that Xinyan does an okay to extremely good job at a few things, none of which are in high demand, plus she cannot do more than meh damage and have defensive utility at the same time.

Still one of my favorites, I hope the pyro Archon or someone does for Xinyan what Furina has done for Noelle.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 3, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It doesn't help that so many enemies have ungodly high resistance to physical damage that you need superconduct to just not be considerably worse than the elements.

We can't have a sword user use physical damage because then Aquila Favonia might not sit unused in everyones' inventories. Physical Qiqi is a meme.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Captain France posted:

Oh wait I forgot my original use case for Xinyan, which she is decent at.

She provides decent shields, while also bringing either a second pyro for resonance, or some decent application for cryo shield breaking.

Like Thoma but way cooler and I presume not as steady or something since I don't see her mentioned for burgeon.

Edit--
So yeah the point is that Xinyan does an okay to extremely good job at a few things, none of which are in high demand, plus she cannot do more than meh damage and have defensive utility at the same time.

Still one of my favorites, I hope the pyro Archon or someone does for Xinyan what Furina has done for Noelle.

Xinyan's ult also hits pretty hard for a 4 star, with it's 100% crit rate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It deals 600% phys damage, I think she's neck and neck with aloy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nakar posted:

It is nice that they designed a Physical character who wasn't handcuffed to being Electro or Cryo. Unfortunately, it turns out there are kind of good reasons for that.
It's bad enough that physical damage doesn't really interact with the reaction system, which is so much of the game; it's worse when Xinyan's element actively interferes with the reaction you want most for physical damage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xinyan's niche is making the Mondstadt talent dungeon less awful by covering you in fire when she uses her shield and preventing Condensed Ice from dragging the domain run out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It doesn't help that so many enemies have ungodly high resistance to physical damage that you need superconduct to just not be considerably worse than the elements.

We can't have a sword user use physical damage because then Aquila Favonia might not sit unused in everyones' inventories. Physical Qiqi is a meme.

The funny thing is we've had a good sword user that can go physical damage in the game since launch in Keqing. :v:

For the longest time Keqing builds were split between physical and electro. In this era of the game though electro is so good that you'd only really build physical for the memes or just to have fun.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The funny thing is we've had a good sword user that can go physical damage in the game since launch in Keqing. :v:

For the longest time Keqing builds were split between physical and electro. In this era of the game though electro is so good that you'd only really build physical for the memes or just to have fun.

I used physical Keqing for a very short time before Eula's release.

I remember after a little bit of her kinda sucking I popped some stuff into a calculator that said DPS Xinyan (with Fischl I assume? Bad memory) would be stronger, swapped the gear onto her, and lo and behold it was.

Then like a week later I managed to snag Eula and Xinyan went back to being support.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Happy Saturday!

Have a Furina:

(Source https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/112385499)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I remember at launch I got to about December when I started artifact grinding, and Keqing was my character. It was months before I saw even ONE gold electro cup drop, from any source. Every day I would farm the TF domain and all I wanted to do was play electro Keqing but I had to do physical. The game even gave me Aquila back then to taunt me.

All of that grinding though made me want to make the strongest Keqing I could though. Dendro glowup was awesome. Mistsplitter isn’t Ayaka’s sword - it’s Keqing’s. I just got c4 a few days ago. Used her on one side of this abyss and she killed it. And now thinking back on being forced into physical Keqing is fun instead of frustrating. Long live Keqing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So the G-Man is a dude from Khaen'r'iah?