Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/1aKxRCl.mp4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
God drat, what a gently caress

Am I wrong? Dude's not at fault either time, is he? That's wild.

e: I don't understand what the caption is supposed to mean :confused:

credburn has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Dec 2, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

First time looks like an unsafe lane change if there’s a motorbike coming in it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Can't perch there mate

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Subjunctive posted:

First time looks like an unsafe lane change if there’s a motorbike coming in it.

The first bike was speeding between lanes and overtaking cars on both sides. second one too.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

credburn posted:

God drat, what a gently caress

Am I wrong? Dude's not at fault either time, is he? That's wild.
He even completes the pull into the road to (presumably) make sure nobody runs over the first biker.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Issaries posted:

The first bike was speeding between lanes and overtaking cars on both sides. second one too.

Fair enough! I don’t know enough about the law wherever to say what is required. I think lane-splitting and overtaking is legal in California, for example?

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

https://i.imgur.com/OcFXMZB.mp4

*ping*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The real crime is the pruning they do on those trees.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Issaries posted:

And they seem to be going too fast, going by the speed of all the other vehicles. I suspect the bikers are at fault in this case.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Smik posted:

And they seem to be going too fast, going by the speed of all the other vehicles. I suspect the bikers are at fault in this case.

That is called lane splitting and is the norm and legal in many places. If that place has lane splitting, driver is at fault. If not, biker is. Or it could be a no fault state and they're all paying.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Smik posted:

Well, yes but as the driver of a vehicle, properly shoulder checking before say, merging or opening your door is a pretty good practice, regardless of fault?

Even if you're some kind of nonchalant sociopath, the hassle of dealing with getting your Porsche dinged up has gotta be more effort than checking your mirrors etc..

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

That is called lane splitting and is the norm and legal in many places. If that place has lane splittinig, driver is at fault. If not, biker is. Or it could be a no fault state and they're all paying.

In the US it's only legal in California IIRC. Those cars look like right-hand drive so probably UK or Australia where it's legal.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

White cars an oblivious fool, but blue car could've used the horn for one of its intended uses

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Thanks for this. Best laugh I've had in weeks.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Stocky Manhood posted:

White cars an oblivious fool, but blue car could've used the horn for one of its intended uses

It's not a BMW though? Why would they have a horn?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

IIRC, lanesharing is something for heavy traffic, filtering up to intersections, and things like that. It's not for using the line as an extra full speed or passing lane when traffic is flowing properly.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Khizan posted:

IIRC, lanesharing is something for heavy traffic, filtering up to intersections, and things like that. It's not for using the line as an extra full speed or passing lane when traffic is flowing properly.

99% of California motorcycle riders seem to disagree

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Those cars look like right-hand drive so probably UK or Australia where it's legal.

The license plates are neither UK or Australia. I did a bit of digging because I was curious myself and they appear to be from the Gambia, of all places.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Khizan posted:

That bike is going slower than the full speed traffic in the left lanes, and the right two lanes are not "flowing properly", which is the whole reason the car pulled out and cut them off.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I know it's too late to avoid the stupid derail, but if I've learned one thing from these forums it's never argue the safety of lane splitting with motorcyclists.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dillbag posted:

I know it's too late to avoid the stupid derail, but if I've learned one thing from these forums it's never argue the safety of lane splitting with motorcyclists.

what safety?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dillbag posted:

Is it because they somehow stop posting mid argument and never come back to resolve it?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

In the US it's only legal in California IIRC. Those cars look like right-hand drive so probably UK or Australia where it's legal.
California requires you to be going no more than 10mph faster than surrounding traffic, so 10mph here since one of the lanes is stopped. (People don't actually do that)

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

California requires you to be going no more than 10mph faster than surrounding traffic, so 10mph here since one of the lanes is stopped. (People don't actually do that)

And only up to 40 mph

The CHP's guidelines state that motorcyclists should only split the lane when traffic flows at 40 MPH or less. Also, they should not travel more than 10 MPH over surrounding traffic. However, law enforcement has considerable discretion in how it enforces the law.

chaibat has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Dec 3, 2023

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

$5 remake of Hitchcock’s “The Birds” is unsatisfactory.

The $5 remake of Birdemic looks alright.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Lol took almost 20 minutes before a "no it's always the cars fault no matter what happens ever" defensive bike post. It doesn't usually take that long, is the Bike-Signal on the fritz?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Motorcycles make cyclists feel emasculated because they don't have to pedal to go. They make car drivers jealous because the motor vibrates your balls and hog (hence the nickname). And they make motorcyclists quieter because it's tough to speak when you're a pavement smear. Hope this guide was helpful smash that like and subscribe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

chaibat posted:

And only up to 40 mph

The CHP's guidelines state that motorcyclists should only split the lane when traffic flows at 40 MPH or less. Also, they should not travel more than 10 MPH over surrounding traffic. However, law enforcement has considerable discretion in how it enforces the law.

Law enforcement having considerable discretion in his it enforces the law??? Well now I've seen everything

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I could hear this gif, even with it being muted when it opened.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

What the? I guess I slept through that year, I have no memory of them releasing a kids' atv.

neither do the kids that rode them

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Jedit posted:

The license plates are neither UK or Australia. I did a bit of digging because I was curious myself and they appear to be from the Gambia, of all places.

Is this a joke? It's in Singapore.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Dillbag posted:

Anything 2 wheels v 4 wheels really. It makes people insane

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

szary posted:

Is this a joke? It's in Singapore.

No? Here's a 1999-series Gambian license plate:

Same ABC1234D format, same colours. And for some mad reason, easier to find on the internet than a Singaporean license plate.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jedit posted:

No? Here's a 1999-series Gambian license plate:

Same ABC1234D format, same colours. And for some mad reason, easier to find on the internet than a Singaporean license plate.

What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Singapore

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's certainly not in The Gambia, I'm pretty sure they don't have a single 3-lane wide road in the entire country.

E: sound
https://i.imgur.com/flyi47P.mp4

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Dec 3, 2023

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Biplane posted:

Dudes rock

On one hand, people who torment wild animals need to have their hands cut off or some other mild punishment to make an example. OTOH it's easy to catch fleas and diseases by handling wild animals, so maybe they made an example of themselves already.

Don't gently caress around with animals, it's illegal and it doesn't 'rock' :mad:

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Nenonen posted:

On one hand, people who torment wild animals need to have their hands cut off or some other mild punishment to make an example. OTOH it's easy to catch fleas and diseases by handling wild animals, so maybe they made an example of themselves already.

Don't gently caress around with animals, it's illegal and it doesn't 'rock' :mad:

I would agree with any other animal but pigeons are idiots who suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Rubberduke posted:

I would agree with any other animal but pigeons are idiots who suck.

I think you're just jealous. Also pigeons = doves, and it's revealing how the same bird will get talked about so very differently after a simple rebranding campaign