Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I was just about to write Henry Kissinger a note, Robin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
NO F-IN' WAY GANGE! I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE THE TAPE! GET OUTTA MY FACE!!!!!! GET OUTTA MY FACEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
everybody always talks about "Hi, this is Sal Governale" but nobody ever talks about "Hi, I'm Mike Gange"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

barnold posted:

everybody always talks about "Hi, this is Sal Governale" but nobody ever talks about "Hi, I'm Mike Gange"

So, how'd it go?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Two Kings posted:

Are you referring the clip above or the staff revelations when they started at Sirius?

If 2006 Revelations isn't on youtube, I know I had that somewhere on one of my computers or hard drives

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Do you sell twat cream?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
SHANE MACGOWAN, WRITE NOTE ROBIN, LMAO

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zoben posted:

SHANE MACGOWAN, WRITE NOTE ROBIN, LMAO

First one of these I had to look up who that is

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

First one of these I had to look up who that is

He'd be totally off Howard's radar, and likely a lot of people, but he was one of my favorite musicians and The Pogues were huge in Europe. Whatever. I mainly wanted to be salty because the "write a note" thing annoys me :haw:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure "Fairytale of New York" is only super popular in the UK. I doubt Howard knows anyone involved in its creation, if he's heard the song (or anything by The Pogues) at all.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

dats it and dat too

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Do people still yell out baba booey at golf games and at live news reports and all that?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
for sure. and i find even younger people love the baba booey drop thanks to youtubers like twomad who use it in their videos all the time

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My KIDS say Baba booey and it had nothing to do with me.

If I had my way, they'd be saying 'zero point zero'

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Bababooey is my kids codeword for 'stop!' (like if I'm tickling them). It's my greatest achievement ever.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

EngineerJoe posted:

Bababooey is my kids codeword for 'stop!' (like if I'm tickling them). It's my greatest achievement ever.

Yaqi?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was out of my mind back then Robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0avk3oVgs

joe_defroster
Jul 12, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "Fairytale of New York" is only super popular in the UK. I doubt Howard knows anyone involved in its creation, if he's heard the song (or anything by The Pogues) at all.

Shane Macgowan -> Fairytale of New York -> Matt Dillon (favorite story) -> Mike Walker

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Who hasn't held a small child in their arms and wanted to elicit LAUGHTER?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

joe_defroster posted:

Shane Macgowan -> Fairytale of New York -> Matt Dillon (favorite story) -> Mike Walker

BRAAAAAAPPPPPPP Whoa!!!

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

A guy just said “Certainly!” in a meeting and it’s taking a lot of will to not say “Karloff?? SIDEkick??”

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

thumper57 posted:

A guy just said “Certainly!” in a meeting and it’s taking a lot of will to not say “Karloff?? SIDEkick??”

If you did, I hope someone would have yelled "gently caress YOU!!"

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
I'd be hesitant to share this if it didn't come from someone famous (John Stamos), but apparently Ralph died???

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0gUeeIOS3N/

quote:

At the painfully young age of 58, my dear friend, Ralph Cirella, was suddenly taken from us, leaving us all in a state of profound shock. He was, without a doubt, a one-of-a-kind soul.
Ralph wasn't just a friend; he was family. My mother adored him, and I'll always cherish the memory of her affectionately mistaking his “berry” for a piece of red jello on his upper lip, playfully attempting to wipe it away.

When met in the old days where he worked his magic as a makeup artist for Howard Stern's Channel 9 show. I can vividly recall how he transformed Howard into a perfect replica of Larry King, showcasing his exceptional talent and creativity. From the day forward, we were life long friends, I just wished he lived longer.

Ralph possessed an abundance of untapped potential, but he grappled with finding the motivation to fully realize it—a painful reality that we all witnessed. It serves as a poignant reminder of life's unpredictability and the importance of not only pursuing our dreams but also seeing them through to the end.
My heart aches at the thought of Ralph departing this world alone, without ever experiencing the deep love he undeniably deserved. In our final exchange, I shared a story about someone who called me lucky. When I asked why, their response was simple and profound: "Because you're friends with Ralph from the Howard Stern show." And they were absolutely right.
My dear friend, I will miss you so much. I love you, Ralphie boy. Rest in peace.
HEY NOW XO

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Wasn't expecting this when I opened the thread. Wasn't even gonna write him a note

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

What excuse will Howard use to miss the funeral

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Add another show name that Artie outlives. RIP ya berry face bastard.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

drat. When I first started listening to the show I hated Ralph, but you learn eventually his role on the show and that is to agitate. He could also really get Eric the Actor pissed off and going. Also, Geek Time was good. :rip:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Oh wow, RIP Ralph. I was a true believer in the Ralph cycle (hate him turns into grudging respect turns into genuinely loving his calls due to how he wasn't afraid to bust balls, including Howard.)

I guess this makes him the first major player on the show (non-Wack Packer) to pass away? Never would have guessed it would be Ralph.

How did Artie, Jackie, and Stuttering John outlive him?

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 6, 2023

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone have that Ralph hater lifecycle thing to share in remembrance? I think it dates to the mid 90s.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is Howard live today?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Looks he is live. Someone posted the beginning of the show today. https://youtu.be/IRd0UIMACng?si=t_GCD0BrFI_GMC_C

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Does anyone have that Ralph hater lifecycle thing to share in remembrance? I think it dates to the mid 90s.

Much much newer than that, I remember it because it's probably the only funny thing I ever wrote. I've got it somewhere, I'll dig it up.

:smith: on top of :smith: for me, I genuinely liked Ralph, and the show will be just a little more empty without him.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Much much newer than that, I remember it because it's probably the only funny thing I ever wrote. I've got it somewhere, I'll dig it up.

Oh, my mistake then, but kudos as it does read like something that would have been posted to alt.fan.howard-stern in 1996!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Stern said Cirella’s “heart gave out” Tuesday morning during a routine procedure.

He said Cirella was being treated for a “rare lymphoma” that was “curable and treatable.” He said he was “angry” that Cirella waited too long to address the issue. “I just have been so sad and so angry.”

“He didn’t take care of himself,” Stern said.

Sounds like a Steve Jobs type situation?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ah man that’s a huge bummer :( I’ll listen to some Ralph sagas today

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Good night sweet Ralphiecakes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
ROBIN I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GET RALPH TO SUCK MY DICK AGAIN.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

how is he going to know how to dress now??

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
RIP ralphie cakes. He probably thought he was working towards getting his health under control with that procedure and then.. he just never woke up. Ugh. Another reminder that life is too short and fleeting to ever get mad about anything, because the lights can just go off and there’s no second chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Burden posted:

Looks he is live. Someone posted the beginning of the show today. https://youtu.be/IRd0UIMACng?si=t_GCD0BrFI_GMC_C

Sad to listen to. You can tell Howard really did love the guy and was family to Howard.