Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel did a massacre at Jabalia camp in Northern Gaza two~ hours ago. Please do not search for it on Twitter. It is not pretty, it is awful. DTI, DTA, Palestine will be free. I hate that barbaric country so so so so loving much.

I guess this was the overreaction predicted upthread to the 60 idf getting murked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Willa Rogers posted:

I guess this was the overreaction predicted upthread to the 60 idf getting murked.

every time they get embarrassed go and murder civilians while the media claps like harp seals about Our Boys Fighting Terrorism

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

Seems pretty wild to accurately to identify social atomization and lack of any unifying social fabric or purpose as a problem with liberalism and decide periodic wars is the answer. I guess if they did something non-destructive like the public works administration, belt and road, or sending doctors like Cuba's "white coat army" it wouldn't be liberalism anymore...

Did some more consumerism to support the cause at the local fair trade festival with a few bottles of this stuff for my own cooking and for my MIL who specifically requested "nice olive oil" as a gift. apparently some of the proceeds help build playgrounds. :unsmith:

my kid wore a keffiyeh with me and we picked up a few more hibawi ones at a booth there too. she was really concerned it was appropriative (apple don't fall far from the tree, she's a sensitive sort) but I was able to convince her it was a legit expression of solidarity showing her the FAQ and letting her know i'd talked to some folks about it.

You are a great parent. :glomp:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
completely unsourced and unfounded rumor on twitter that this is the israeli unit that had 60 of its members killed in the mega-ambush this morning.

https://twitter.com/7usaini7/status/1731315392398659773?s=20

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

completely unsourced and unfounded rumor on twitter that this is the israeli unit that had 60 of its members killed in the mega-ambush this morning.

https://twitter.com/7usaini7/status/1731315392398659773?s=20

Hmm yes let's stop for a photo op in this collection of totally 100% abandoned buildings, what could go wrong

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

Hmm yes let's stop for a photo op in this collection of totally 100% abandoned buildings, what could go wrong

what if Hamas tunnels are quantum particles where if you look at it it doesnt exist but when you look away they form the tunnel.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I feel like the operation this morning is just one step closer to the IDF falling for a tunnel painted on the side of a cliff

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

what if Hamas tunnels are quantum particles where if you look at it it doesnt exist but when you look away they form the tunnel.

Hamas are weeping angels from Dr Who.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Owlbear Camus posted:

I mean, it's a wild failure of empathy, too. Would the average New Yorker respond to "hey for your own safety move to Mexico, after all you're all North Americans right?" Or hell, Dayton Ohio.

Was just talking to my old man how it's gonna be wild when it turns out President Senility Entity, Corporeal Pill High, or maybe even Lunatic Blood Chugger, failed to even eminent domain up some halfass sea walls and then some antarctic mega glacier falls into the ocean which then immediately destroys NYC.

That's an actual "nobody's fault" in the sense that there's not literally actual individualized people doing it physically right now you can personally point to that merely have to loving put down the gun and walk away to make it instantly stop!

If they can't be dammed to pump the brakes on genocide it's going to seem like the end times has come when the destruction of places like NYC is maybe 1-2 steps more complicated than blowing some poor bastard's brains out live on TV, and is completely the result of government policy.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Statement from Ansar Allah spokesman about the 2 ships targeted today

Following the directives of Commander Sayyed Abdulmalik Badr El-Din Al-Houthi, may Allah protect him, and in response to the demands of our great Yemeni people and the calls of the free men of our Arab and Islamic nation to fully support the choices of the Palestinian people and their valiant resistance:

This morning, with the help of Allah the Almighty, the Naval Forces in the Yemeni Armed Forces carried out a targeting operation against two "israeli" ships at Bab Al-Mandab, namely the ship "Unity Explorer" and the ship "Number Nine," where the first ship was targeted with a naval missile and the second with a marine drone.

The targeting operation came after the two ships ignored the warning messages from the Yemeni Naval Forces.

The Yemeni Armed Forces continue to prevent "israeli" ships from navigating in the Red and Arabian Seas until the "israeli" aggression against our steadfast brothers in the Gaza Strip stops.

The Yemeni Armed Forces renew their warning to all "israeli" ships or those associated with "israelis" that they will become a legitimate target if they violate what has been stated in this statement and previous statements issued by the Yemeni Armed Forces.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Abu Obeida commands and I obey 🫡

https://fxtwitter.com/warmonitors/status/1731368874367500760?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Iverron
May 13, 2012

:hmmyes:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Has any Israeli media interfaced with the mass casualty event inflicted upon the idf this morning at Juhr al-Dik?

Also, I am not expressing skepticism in any way at all, I just would consume this content

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Dec 3, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

Well, he points out earlier, albeit in disparaging terms, that pre-liberal forms of government that emphasized "fairness" over "freedom" inspired people to be engaged with the community. He feels that it held people who possessed, in his words, "innate superiority gifted by nature", back, restricting their freedom to be titans.

So, to answer your question first, Fukuyama would say I'm not a liberal. I would agree, because while he echoes what I see as the causes of our militaries being an absolute poo poo show, as dead gay comedy forums said, he basically thinks a death drive will remedy that:

"This aspect of Hegel's thought has led to the charge that he was a militarist. But he never glorified war for its own sake, or saw it as the chief end of man; war was important for its secondary effects on character and community. Hegel believed that without the possibility of war and the sacrifices demanded by it, men would grow soft and self-absorbed; society would degenerate into a mo­rass of selfish hedonism and community would ultimately dis­solve. Fear of man's "lord and master, Death" was a force like no other, capable of drawing men outside of themselves and remind­ing them that they were not isolated atoms, but members of com­munities built around shared ideals. A liberal democracy that could fight a short and decisive war every generation or so to defend its own liberty and independence would be far healthier and more satisfied than one that experienced nothing but contin­uous peace."

Now, here's the thing: I would prefer, crazy idea, that our peacetime society cultivate community, sacrifices, "drawing men outside of themselves and remind­ing them that they were not isolated atoms, but members of com­munities built around shared ideals". So, rather than a Liberal Capitalist Democracy that literally needs to go to war every generation (wtf) that, we have a good society. This, incidentally, is why Fukuyama was a big regime change guy. I don't know if a lot of people know that. He literally supported war for its own sake, or rather, it was necessary for a million Iraqis to die so that the tensions in American society would be manageable for about 20-30 years.

He also proposed slow-rolling the End of History into the Third World. NATO and EU expansion into the former Warsaw Pact, of course, but he preposed that, for lack of a better term, little game reserves of acceptable enemies be maintained to periodically reinvigorate the social contract in the countries that matter:

"But supposing that the world has become "filled up," so to speak, with liberal democracies, such that there exist no tyranny and oppression worthy of the name against which to struggle? Experience suggests that if men cannot struggle on behalf of a just cause because that just cause was victorious in an earlier generation, then they will struggle against the just cause. They will struggle for the sake of struggle. They will struggle, in other words, out of a certain boredom : for they cannot imagine living in a world without struggle. And if the greater part of the world in which they live is characterized by peaceful and prosperous liberal democracy, then they will struggle against that peace and pros­perity, and against democracy."

These Fukuyama quotes are straight fascism.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ostint account relaying hamas official's burgerposting certainly presents a problem for thread policy. hrmm ..

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sancho Banana posted:

Israel is loving stupid dumbass racist demon baby country of 3 million hitlers, 5 million calm hitlers and 1 millions hitlers who think the hitlering should be done with slower or with better optics, where the utter disconnect the average person has from their humanity the moment the conflict with the Palestinians comes up is some baffling encounter-with-an-alien poo poo, like the zionist brain mushroom implanted on everyone from birth has degraded their ability to react with a modicum of sympathy to the suffering of people living less than 100 kilometers away who are terrorized and slandered for simply existing and not being willing to just take it lying down, where every family and friend group and classroom and bar is the loving nazi party but oh I guess the zoomers are somewhat more subtle/concerned about optics in regards to their only slightly repressed hitlerism so maybe we should give them a gold loving medal. You did it guys, you're 80% hitler instead of 100% hitler, pat yourselves on the back and call yourselves "Israeli leftists" you strasserite rear end pieces of poo poo, oh and let's not forget the truly remarkable plucky little band of Israelis who are totally anti zionist and all but condemn every single violent Palestinian resistance group that exists because they're spineless cunts that get queasy during rocket alarms so I guess that means Hamas should resist peacefully for their comfort, meanwhile the people and children of Gaza are being loving murdered every day with thousands of bombs and all the little demons cheer

gently caress Israel and gently caress Israelis seriously

preach :hai:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zodium posted:

ostint account relaying hamas official's burgerposting certainly presents a problem for thread policy. hrmm ..

AnsarAllah ftw

You get to override them on thread policy when you've personally taken over at least 1 Israeli ship.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

israel is so desperate to get some decent propaganda out of the hostage exchange and this sort of poo poo is all they can get.

Actuallly, I think this was a pro-Palestinian post.

It is somewhat telling, however, that it's this hard to tell the difference.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Egg Moron posted:

Has any Israeli media interfaced with the mass casualty event inflicted upon the idf this morning at Juhr al-Dik?

Also, I am not expressing skepticism in any way at all, I just would consume this content

no lol

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The ideal outcome for humanity would be an Algeria solution, where they could leave the Hitler bubble and learn to be Jews again instead of Klingons. Alas, the nukes ensure this will never happen. Also, in practice there'd probably be multiple worse versions of the Oran incident, which is unacceptable - the Israeli masses need to be re-educated to be less Israeli, not killed.

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Dec 3, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Zodium posted:

A 6 hour ceasefire is imminent

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

The quickest way to get removed from political text spam is to send back "free Palestine?"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Houthis are telling america to gently caress off

ember of the Ansar Allah Political Bureau #الحوثيين told Al Jazeera: The American destroyer came to protect Israeli ships, and whoever does so will receive strikes

Member of the Political Bureau of the Ansar Allah group #الحوثيين told Al Jazeera: We made a decision to target all Israeli ships in support of Gaza.

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1731367660485562412?s=20

Also Israeli ships are coming to the red sea, right in range of houthi missiles, expect alot of sea red triangles soon!

Maariv: Israel sends ships and submarines to the Red Sea following attacks

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1731367277868589536?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Genuinely shocked these people were allowed to protest like this in Dubai, they are genuinely risking their lives by protesting in the rabid animal dog MBZ's domain

=======================

Near the pavilion dedicated to Israel... activists supporting Palestine in Dubai participate in a protest on the sidelines of the fourth day of the United Nations Climate Conference, denouncing the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip and demanding a ceasefire.

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1731376502187393373?s=20

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

maruhkati posted:

The ideal outcome for humanity would be an Algeria solution, where they could leave the Hitler bubble and learn to be Jews again instead of Klingons. Alas, the nukes ensure this will never happen. Also, in practice there'd probably be multiple worse versions of the Oran incident, which is unacceptable - the Israeli masses need to be re-educated to be less Israeli, not killed.

Depressingly accurate.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al-Saqr posted:

Houthis are telling america to gently caress off

ember of the Ansar Allah Political Bureau #الحوثيين told Al Jazeera: The American destroyer came to protect Israeli ships, and whoever does so will receive strikes

lol i'm laying :10bux: on yemen giving china a heads up which is why their destroyers did nothing last week

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Also lol ansarallah hitting the west in the pocketbook, the only thing we care about.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Orange Devil posted:

These Fukuyama quotes are straight fascism.

Liberal Democracy are code words for Das Reich

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I have been assured 10/7 was in fact 18 9/11s. Which is a lot!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://x.com/Megatron_ron/status/1731055124699644091?s=20

it occurs to me this support is as much about kayfabe as material support.

British surveillance to help the "~hunt for khamas~" narrative while the Israeli military shows time and again they are interested in the bronze age objective of total liquidation and conquest of an entire people

like Britain sends Israeli high command Intel "we saw a tunnel entrance with fighters at such and such grid reference" that isn't going to change the tactics used one bit. it's a high power optical scope put on a flamethrower to assure credulous morons it's really a precision weapon

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

LOL the houthis cucked america so hard they turned into bashar al assad when Damascus gets bombed:-

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: We have the means to defend our interests in the Red Sea and we reserve the right to respond at the appropriate time and place

https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1731376512211865756?s=20

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL the houthis cucked america so hard they turned into bashar al assad when Damascus gets bombed:-

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: We have the means to defend our interests in the Red Sea and we reserve the right to respond at the appropriate time and place

Really getting a sense that they might not actually have the munitions to strike back in any capacity

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

text editor posted:

Really getting a sense that they might not actually have the munitions to strike back in any capacity

Or at least not enough to sustain a broader conflict including possibly Hezbollah and Iran.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1731376512211865756?s=20

if you dont say you reserve the right, the police will arrest your army if yiou respond

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
It says a lot about how scared of America that the other regional players are not even minimally interfering to slow this massacre down

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Holy poo poo a dude I knew from high school is on the USS Carney. He broke up with a girl because she got into a car accident and ended up with a scar on her cheek. I hope he gets got.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

sleep with the vicious posted:

It says a lot about how scared of America that the other regional players are not even minimally interfering to slow this massacre down

The US is still the world's dominant power and China has not yet developed an international hegemony that truly completes with it yet.

I'm all in favor of my country becoming just another country over my lifetime but it won't happen fast and for now all of those countries can't just make decisions like that hastily.

That and the US put all of the governments in place and likely has nefarious ways of keeping them in line.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo a dude I knew from high school is on the USS Carney. He broke up with a girl because she got into a car accident and ended up with a scar on her cheek.

:kstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

sleep with the vicious posted:

They don't even have to interfere just stop giving them bombs it's like the easiest genocide to stop in history.