Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Noper Q posted:

It'll have a significantly larger AoE

but be stationary.

perfect for ultimatum lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
What do you all think of this? If the falling zombies are counted as doing the damage, then The Baron might be a weird way to create spammable indirect healing with something like a spell totem or arcane brand

Better to do on a Str build and casting arcane brand / spell totem through blood magic.

It's just a gimmick but funny .

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Noper Q posted:

but be stationary.

The cyclone moves, but the player does not

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://x.com/pathofexile/status/1731018723329507478?s=20

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
^^^ Isn't that just Orb of Storms?

Noper Q posted:

but be stationary.

I could see there being a version that trades higher AoE for slower speed, something like "+0-1 to base AoE Radius, 0-20% less movement speed"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

yeah but just wait until you see the Orb of Storms of Skee-Ball that changes OoS into a slow-moving projectile that periodically strikes nearby enemies

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

DaveWoo posted:

Kind of, can have more then one at least. Seems cool, ball lighting was always kind of weird to scale with having to get slower proj to keep the damage up for bossing. Guess now you'll need to scale some duration instead but at least that is in a better location on the tree.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can't link trinity to OOS

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
That transfigure probably comes with a severe nerf to damage compared to today's ball lightning. Even if you need to stack duration, it's got so many ways of scaling.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That would nuke bosses

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Ball lightning currently has a hidden duration that caps it at 13 hits.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Bashez posted:

Ball lightning currently has a hidden duration that caps it at 13 hits.

Tetsuya Nomura does it again!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

So could you Minion instability those falling zombies and have falling exploding zombies

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

queeb posted:

So could you Minion instability those falling zombies and have falling exploding zombies

Unless they make a special exception for it then no. Minion instability only triggers when a minion hits low life, not when it dies.
However, it should proc Siegebreaker and its replica as well as death effects like the defence mastery

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm guessing not. I imagine it will be more akin to having a minion's duration expire, where it counts as a death (hello Heartbound Loop), but the minion's life doesn't reach Low Life in the process.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
PoE has so many cool spells but I hate the top half of the tree for defenses :(

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Can't wait for the next Jousis build, featuring a constant rain of zombies

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

whydirt posted:

That's why I liked old Chieftain for phys spells, you got a really comfy kit of leech, regen and mitigation + some damage

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:rip: Spellzerker, gone and mostly forgotten

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ultimatum back yet?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yup next week

J
Jun 10, 2001

Lpzie posted:

ultimatum back yet?

Metamorph is getting removed and replaced with ultimatum. Metamorph nodes on the atlas tree are now ultimatum nodes. Catalysts are now ultimatum rewards. :toot:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

whydirt posted:

Yeah there's...not a lot there.

Question - if trickster has spellbreaker and the ES over leach node, do I still need to take wicked ward?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

perfect. might play then. gimme a build that let's me stand perfectly still and never die. money is no object, im gonna drop a mirror day one.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Lpzie posted:

perfect. might play then. gimme a build that let's me stand perfectly still and never die. money is no object, im gonna drop a mirror day one.

low life RF assassin

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

then you better pick it back up!! 🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂😭😭

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

keep laughing,.....

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Re: top half of tree being defense shy, I seemed to recall some sort of jewel that let you bridge between two jewel slots akin to like, an atlas tree waypoint, but I seem to have dreamt it or mixed up Impossible Escape/Thread of Hope or combined a lot of everything together.

What I'm saying is this would be extremely good and broken.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Kalsco posted:

Re: top half of tree being defense shy, I seemed to recall some sort of jewel that let you bridge between two jewel slots akin to like, an atlas tree waypoint, but I seem to have dreamt it or mixed up Impossible Escape/Thread of Hope or combined a lot of everything together.

What I'm saying is this would be extremely good and broken.

Make it a small cluster unique so requires two, uses a bunch of points itself and has limited entry points? No I haven't seen if this would be also broken or not.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

External Organs posted:

Yeah there's...not a lot there.

Question - if trickster has spellbreaker and the ES over leach node, do I still need to take wicked ward?

Maybe? I don't think I'd take both of those though, they don't have any synergy and it takes 6 ascendancy points to get both. All the other notables are so much better.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
friendly reminder that you will fall to ruin

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Noper Q posted:

but be stationary.

Vaal Cyclone exists if you want to experience the zeitgeist Zangief of stationary cycloning.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Penance Mark is on a duration and can't be triggered, Sentinel of Radiance is on a duration and can't be triggered... why does GGG want to force me to stop and Push Butan as much as possible? Yeah I know the answer but geez...

Also what were the designers thinking that they made "Unwavering Crusade" give you 3 auras but then not have them interact with "Unwavering Faith" in any way. They could have made it say "Auras from Your Skills or Your Minion's Skills" and it would have been, you know, cohesive?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
New Ashes just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVxdEPab_GE

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

This league is set out to slap extremely hard. I need that gem list asap. But part of me wants all of them to be a sectret until launch so we get a real wild west of builds.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
For this league, at least in softcore, the best answer to the question “what build can do <insert any mechanic here>?” is LA -> TS Gem Quality Stacking Deadeye.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1731413790997311746

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Guess I'll finally try Boneshatter, seems like a good time for it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am ready to bring Holy Flame Totem into the 2020s, by attaching it to an actually powerful skill in Flamewood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I am tempted to bleed bow, even though in my heart of hearts I know that it is probably a trap. I still miss its time prior to the removal of the elder mod, and enjoyed the hell out of it.

A smarter me should probably go for an exsanguinate or EK poison patherfinder.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 3, 2023