Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Take your pick of which is not worth explaining
A. Evangelion
B. Youtuber commentary drama

But if you are familiar with both needless subjects its very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

New hbomb video dropped with a nominal focus on plagiarizing in the era of YouTube but was really about how this one specific queer YouTuber was a piece of poo poo and betrayer of the community by basically plagiarizing their entire upload history by stealing content, both print and video, from other queer authors and creators while trying to position themselves as a thought leader in the community who wanted to fight for making sure all queer voices were heard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Being out of the loop feels great

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dameius posted:

New hbomb video dropped with a nominal focus on plagiarizing in the era of YouTube but was really about how this one specific queer YouTuber was a piece of poo poo and betrayer of the community by basically plagiarizing their entire upload history by stealing content, both print and video, from other queer authors and creators while trying to position themselves as a thought leader in the community who wanted to fight for making sure all queer voices were heard.

The video is four hours long.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:birdthunk: What does God look like? :birdthunk:

Dr.Gonzo L.C.O. posted:

Whether or not we all have a belief or a concept of a god or gods, most people on this planet have thought about what a higher power might look like, if a physical manifestation at all.

Make this thread your chance to piece together your believed/desired/undesired vision of god in any way you like.

drat I can't wait to see what shows up.

Starter:

Go!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:birdthunk::birdthunk:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

sebmojo posted:

That's like one third of a Hungarian arthouse film in which Friedrich Nietzsche peels and boils a potato in real time.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

That's like one third of a Hungarian arthouse film in which Friedrich Nietzsche peels and boils a potato in real time.

Jesus Nietzsche, hurry it the gently caress up with those potatoes already!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh no, anime youtubers are regurgitating the same stuff over and over, this definitely is something that isn't blatantly obvious and deserves a deep dive

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't know a drat thing about this guy and don't care to learn, but as a nerd of a certain generation, I got a healthy chuckle out of "Yes, I'm a queer anime scholar; what is this 'Ranma One Two' you speak of??"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sebmojo posted:

it's actually only three hours fifty one minutes

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Tunicate posted:

Oh no, anime youtubers are regurgitating the same stuff over and over, this definitely is something that isn't blatantly obvious and deserves a deep dive
Oh, Tunicate had an unconsidered opinion about poo poo they are completely ignorant about, this definitely is someth8ng that needs and deserves to be posted instead of just moving on

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tunicate posted:

it's less an anime youtuber and more a guy who stole from lgbtq creators for years and while some people did point it out, nobody with a big enough voice called him on it until HBG dropped this total dismantling out of nowhere, got it trending under multiple topics on twitter, and caused the guy to loving bail IMMEDIATELY, shutting down his socials and privating the comments on everything in a desperate measure of damage control.

I appreciate when career thieves get destroyed, and you should too

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

sebmojo posted:

It's good tho. I'm watching it in pieces, and already dropped my sub to Illuminaughty. Pity, I liked her vids but, nah, that's bullshit.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Anime YouTubers. Not even once.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

it's less an anime youtuber and more a guy who stole from lgbtq creators for years and while some people did point it out, nobody with a big enough voice called him on it until HBG dropped this total dismantling out of nowhere, got it trending under multiple topics on twitter, and caused the guy to loving bail IMMEDIATELY, shutting down his socials and privating the comments on everything in a desperate measure of damage control.

i acknowledge the concept that it is good when a plagiarist is exposed but i am unwilling to watch the 4 hours of youtube analysis required to derive satisfaction from watching someone be burned at the stake for pronouncing the name of an anime wrong

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
It's not a loving anime YouTuber. It's an LGBTQ-topics YouTuber who has been plagiarising from other LGBTQ-topic YouTubers and a bunch of idiots on this web forum just see a single reference to eva and ranma and start speedposting i guess

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm still pretty shook that they got the name of Ranma and Ranma 2 wrong.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I think it's pronounced 1ooly 2ooly?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inceltown posted:

I'm still pretty shook that they got the name of Ranma and Ranma 2 wrong.
Ranma Returns wasn't as good as rendezvous but garden was where things got real stupid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That youtuber shouldn't have done that.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Captain Invictus posted:

Actually, you shouldn't care about what Tunicate thinks. Convincing immediately dismissive morons of anything is a trap to get you to waste efforts.

InediblePenguin posted:

Oh, Tunicate had an unconsidered opinion about poo poo they are completely ignorant about, this definitely is someth8ng that needs and deserves to be posted instead of just moving on

InediblePenguin posted:

It's not a loving anime YouTuber. It's an LGBTQ-topics YouTuber who has been plagiarising from other LGBTQ-topic YouTubers and a bunch of idiots on this web forum just see a single reference to eva and ranma and start speedposting i guess

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The content is coming from within the thread.

Carthag Tuek posted:

T+8:00 show me the sarah connor

SplitSoul posted:

Your foster parents are high.

Carthag Tuek posted:

i know now why your high

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grassy Knowles posted:

Actually, you shouldn't care about what Tunicate thinks. Convincing immediately dismissive morons of anything is a trap to get you to waste efforts.
I don't know who tunicate is but based on their response here I am glad of it

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Paladinus posted:

That youtuber shouldn't have done that.

Anime is serious business

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The short version is a guy is releasing four hour videos claiming to discuss and analyse anime he hasn't even actually watched

Not even watching or liking anime but pretending to for internet clout, and then making 'how do you do fellow kids' tier obvious mistakes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It took me an hour and a half but I watched the video and while hbomber guy obviously has a very personal and unique perspective about the subject, a part of me just can’t agree with him because of his own video awhile back where he said Dark souls 2 was a good game

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oldtasteless

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Ranma 358/2 days.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Ranma Pee/Poop

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Though a friend has corrected me at length that being confused about what order to watch EVA in is actually completely normal, especially for an EVA fan. Y'know what that makes sense.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I don't know what a Ranma is but I did watch all four hours of the HBomberguy video today and it was kinda neat watching somebody's career die in real-time. Rest in piss, Somerton. Also included a huge list of queer video creators to follow on youtube!

Besides, it's only 4 hours, all the proceeds go to people wronged by the rear end in a top hat who got their "career" assassinated. It's a win-win-win. It's not like you spent six hours watching a video about EVE online or something :shepface:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Splicer posted:

Ranma Returns wasn't as good as rendezvous but garden was where things got real stupid.

Lol

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Hbomberguy
Vs
Plagiarizing baby

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Invictus posted:

It looks like he's also deleted a bunch of videos, closed down his Patreon and has already lost tens of thousands of Youtube subscribers. HBG fuckin' wrecked him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yeah but unlike this hbomberguy fellow, potatoes aren't boring.

Antivehicular posted:

I don't know a drat thing about this guy and don't care to learn, but as a nerd of a certain generation, I got a healthy chuckle out of "Yes, I'm a queer anime scholar; what is this 'Ranma One Two' you speak of??"

Is it like Ranma Half? e: I've known about Ranma ½ for some decades because it was discussed in magazines I read in the nineties, I've just literally never heard anyone say it out loud.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Dec 4, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's "Ranma One-Half"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

A Worrying Warlock posted:

Jesus Nietzsche, hurry it the gently caress up with those potatoes already!

*muffled voice from the kitchen*

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger!