Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

That decision was awful but the fact it's against City makes it absolutely hilarious

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just Chamber posted:

That decision was awful but the fact it's against City makes it absolutely hilarious

It would nearly have been as funny if they'd played advantage and then Haaland had skied it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Watching Arsenal highlights from yesterday and they really should have put more than 2 in, almost most-dangerous-scoreline’ed themselves

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:imunfunny:
https://twitter.com/goal/status/1731382554513514551?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
lmao all the arsenal and Liverpool fans ditching the “actually we complain constantly about the refs for the benefit of everybody in the league’ line the second the refs gently caress up against a team they dislike

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

also said decison was justified because haaland missed a sitter

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

looks like a malfunction

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

qirex posted:

Watching Arsenal highlights from yesterday and they really should have put more than 2 in, almost most-dangerous-scoreline’ed themselves

Arsenal will never be a team that don’t leave you spending the last 15 minutes of each game chewing your seat.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Angeball is essential viewing tbh

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I for one feel that Manchester City have been hard done by - they were trying their hardest and the referee stopped them having a chance on goal against a Tottenham team missing 4 first team players who just had to bring on a youth team player.

How are they supposed to cope with this level of adversity?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

eleven extra elephants posted:

lmao all the arsenal and Liverpool fans ditching the “actually we complain constantly about the refs for the benefit of everybody in the league’ line the second the refs gently caress up against a team they dislike

It was an awful decision and the ref should get reprimanded for it so nah, but it's still hilarious

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
That no advantage call was insane, the ref literally watched and waited until grealish has the ball then pulled it back, and because it happened against city I think it was the right decision

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

PGMOL are going to hand out wax seals to all their employees at this rate

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Happy that City finally get hosed, they get so many decisions on their favor. The shite refs of England have finally did something good with their incompetence.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

durrrr

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

prime example in literally the post above yours lmao

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

I haven’t seen the highlights but given that City are cheats and should play in League One at best, I can safely say that it was a good decision.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Xabi posted:

I haven’t seen the highlights but given that City are cheats and should play in League One at best, I can safely say that it was a good decision.

agreed. easy to be partisan about such a scenario so i'm glad some of us can still lend a sober analysis of the situation

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Nuclear Spoon posted:

agreed. easy to be partisan about such a scenario so i'm glad some of us can still lend a sober analysis of the situation

I deeply enjoy when bad things happen to teams I hate

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I was at IKEA, I don't know what you're talking about

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Finn posted:

I deeply enjoy when bad things happen to teams I hate

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
like every season, city are just getting the death star in gear ready for the new year. gonna be unstoppable once someone teaches goku to defend.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Xabi posted:

I would not be happy with the result of financial fair play repercussions unless city are playing Vauxhall Motors.

Oh and refs are terrible, but Man City are worse.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

The Finn posted:

I deeply enjoy when bad things happen. I hate

fixed for myself

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

still mad lmao

https://x.com/ErlingHaaland/status/1731387201622004197?s=20

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

gently caress the cheating cunts!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

T Bowl posted:

gently caress the cheating cunts!

YES YES. I get sad for other teams getting hosed by Refs but not City. They do play good football and have entertaining players but we barely see them ever get any difficulties. Rodri/Bernardo Silva before this season literally never got yellow cards for some reason, huge squad so the injury crisis never affects them(which they got through breaking rules/overpaying players). They have John Stones and De Bruyne out and you can't even tell. Those are two of the best players in their positions. Then you got Pep Guardiola who the media jerks off 24/7 when he has literally only coached the strongest teams with the biggest budget in his career. He is a amazing coach but people need to realize he literally is playing Fifa Manager on easy with the budgets he has had. Even when he was at Barca he had insane budget, greatest Spanish player generation and Messi.

So please let me enjoy these few moments because City will probably sign another cb for 100m in the winter, win 30 games in a row, make finals of at least one cup competition. So for us City haters there aren't many moments of joy. I do hope with Rodri suspensed for the Villa game, Villa can do some dmg to them at home.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

This. the only fair thing to do would be to replay that game, and also relegate city to the conference north for years of financial cheating after stripping away all their titles, even the ones from the 60s or whenever

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

mila kunis posted:

conference north

Northern Premier League, that would be too lenient

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I do feel bad for City fans though. They have only had nearly unlimited success for a decade while the whole league laughed at my team for being a joke because they didn't spend enough or cook their books. It's totally unfair that Arsenal spent wisely and got in a good manager after their owner and team were constantly laughed at for before most International City fans can even remember.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's a funny old game

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Lol, and also, lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

c0burn posted:

Lol, and also, lmao

gah!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
the conspiracity has truly begun

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ulio posted:

Then you got Pep Guardiola who the media jerks off 24/7 when he has literally only coached the strongest teams with the biggest budget in his career. He is a amazing coach but people need to realize he literally is playing Fifa Manager on easy with the budgets he has had. Even when he was at Barca he had insane budget, greatest Spanish player generation and Messi.

but united's wage bill is bigger, and chelsea have spent more on players :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
yeah I'm sure it's all pretty modest on the books, stuff like guardiola's brother getting entire islands gifted to him by the abu Dhabi foundation for bald awareness is all just a happy coincidence.