Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Diqnol posted:

Getting wins while staying comfortable isn't good. Cruising into playoffs without innovating is a recipe for an early exit. We remain the best team in the NFL and we lost a game to the second best team this time. Thats alright.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Diqnol posted:

Getting wins while staying comfortable isn't good. Cruising into playoffs without innovating is a recipe for an early exit. We remain the best team in the NFL and we lost a game to the second best team this time. Thats alright.

bud

no

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It is impossible for the same team to win the NFCE two years in a row so this late-season collapse was always destined to be, Cowboys will win on a tight tiebreaker and lose in the divisional, very possibly to the Eagles again

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Diqnol posted:

legit one of the weirdest things ever posted ITT

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Lighter posted:

I can't believe our refs would fail us like this

They listened to a head coach complain until arguably the best player on the 49ers defense got tossed for pointing at a hired goon

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dallas Cowboys

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eagles were very bad today in all the ways we knew they were bad but had been getting away with/hiding.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol posted:

I honestly hope a loved one is patting your forehead to check your temperature and making sure you hydrate right now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

1 seed is still possible if the Eagles can beat the Cowboys (gently caress 'em) next week. I don't think they can afford to lose more than that. Seahawks might not be as easy an out as I'd have thought earlier in the year but NYG/ARI/NYG to finish out the season should produce 3 wins. If not, they're in trouble.

Looking at the 9ers schedule, the only team that even looks like it'll cause them problems would be the Ravens.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Eagles copium is real!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

yea ok posted:

Dallas Cowboys

gently caress 'em.

Quiet Feet posted:

Seahawks might not be as easy an out as I'd have thought earlier in the year but NYG/ARI/NYG to finish out the season should produce 3 wins. If not, they're in trouble.

Tommy DeVito gonna stun the Eagles

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MrMojok posted:

legit one of the weirdest things ever posted ITT

Once again I am laughing now

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fan positive after a loss = copium to the weak minded I guess

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dabol winning coach of the year went to his head, it’s a good thing the Giants only won 3 games this year. It humbled the coach and made the team realize that nothing is given in the NFL.

Sometimes you just need to be punched in the mouth repeatly to light a fire in the locker room.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

davecrazy posted:

Eagles copium is real!

I hate Eagles fans as much as the next guy but that's a good response to getting your teams' whole rear end shown on TV

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Diqnol posted:

You misspelled delusion

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Diqnol posted:

you malding bro?

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

Doltos posted:

I hate Eagles fans as much as the next guy but that's a good response to getting your teams' whole rear end shown on TV

It would make sense as a response if the Eagles hadn’t won every game this year by the skin of their rotting teeth.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

gently caress 'em.

Tommy DeVito gonna stun the Eagles

Joe Buck: Oh no, on the sideline, it's Tommy Devito with the stun gun! Why are the refs allowing this?

Troy: Well, without their head of security it was just a matter of time, Joe. Let's take a second look at how Tommy sneaks past the training staff and shoves that gun right up Nick Sirianni's butthole. In Dallas we used to call this the "Irvin".

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Joe Buck: Oh no, on the sideline, it's Tommy Devito with the stun gun! Why are the refs allowing this?

Troy: Well, without their head of security it was just a matter of time, Joe. Let's take a second look at how Tommy sneaks past the training staff and shoves that gun right up Nick Sirianni's butthole. In Dallas we used to call this the "Irvin".

The night before the game:

"Hey Ma, I gotta borrow this knife."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Joe Buck: Boring announcing from a nepo baby that people like for some reason
Troy Aikman: Rambling cowboy homerism due to alcohol. Blames players underperforming despite being the biggest fraud in canton

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

Troy Aikman: Rambling cowboy homerism due to alcohol. Blames players underperforming despite being the biggest fraud in canton

id take them over having to hear cris collinsworth slobber all over mahomes every god damned snf

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Doltos posted:

:aloom: I hope Aikman forever winning loving boils your blood for all time.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

eagles

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles will absolutely drop one to the giants this is a stone cold lock

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://x.com/MicahhParsons11/status/1731473367251771462?s=20

I am entertained goons.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sickening posted:

:aloom: I hope Aikman forever winning loving boils your blood for all time.

I was 7 years old when he was frauding his way to Canton. I just hate his lovely rear end announcing I've been exposed to for 20 years.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Doltos posted:

I was 7 years old when he was frauding his way to Canton. I just hate his lovely rear end announcing I've been exposed to for 20 years.

He is by no means amazing but who are these great announcers he is stealing air time from? If we took the entire current roster from all the networks and ranked them he might not even be in the bottom half.

Dudes just living his life and you are just wallowing in hate. Let it go.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd imagine many announcers are better than a functioning alcoholic slurring his words up on primetime games

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

imagine enjoying a sober football color announcer. ridiculous. zero respect for the long storied history of absolutely wasted color guys

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'd imagine many announcers are better than a functioning alcoholic slurring his words up on primetime games

That was literally Pat Summeal who was the best ever.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

He's not as bad as you're making out, and also I'm pretty sure Aikman isn't a drunk, he's just perma-concussed

Unless you're talking about Michaels, who, yes, seems to be half a bottle deep every game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Went to yoga instead

Did not miss anything good it seems

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Rogue Elephant posted:

He's not as bad as you're making out, and also I'm pretty sure Aikman isn't a drunk, he's just perma-concussed

Unless you're talking about Michaels, who, yes, seems to be half a bottle deep every game

Michaels is also one of the greats. Announcers should be hammered at all times.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Doltos posted:

They listened to a head coach complain until arguably the best player on the 49ers defense got tossed for pointing at a hired goon

And yet our refs still fell short. Unacceptable.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I equate people liking Aikman announcing to stockholm syndrome or pretending to like Hereditary

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

I equate people liking Aikman announcing to stockholm syndrome or pretending to like Hereditary

I like Aikman and I liked Hereditary

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Aikman as a commentator is just a non-entity for me, which makes him better than most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Aikman as a commentator is just a non-entity for me, which makes him better than most.

i opt for the mannings whenever I can, but I did enjoy him torching Zach Wilson, which elevates him above most of the others who are either background noise or are actively annoying