Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not sure what to make of them saying ‘receiving items from your rocket league garage’ and then it just being the default car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

surely getting rid of shuffle is going to hurt their skin sales. i do prefer global weapon skins and emotes tho

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i wouldnt mind it being separate if there was a way to link skin and weapon skin loadouts together still, for me its more just annoying fiddling to have to manually swap two different loadouts any time i want to look different :sigh:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mix. posted:

i wouldnt mind it being separate if there was a way to link skin and weapon skin loadouts together still, for me its more just annoying fiddling to have to manually swap two different loadouts any time i want to look different :sigh:

Same. I had about 20 presets, and I only use about 5 of them. But I do like to change every few matches. I'm still waiting on the queue as I post, so I don't know how it works yet. But I'll probably end up just playing as one load out until I can be bothered to set up a whole new guy again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Seems Locker shuffle was removed

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

they hosed uip

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I do not expect, want, or like for them to separate every one of my presets into multiple saved sets that all have to be loaded individually. It defeats the entire purpose of creating a saved preset in the first place.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeah the presets change and the new UI is pretty terrible. Game is fun though!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This update is great in a lot of ways except if you had a lot of presets. Hate what they did with character presets.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They reduced crouch movement speed. It annoys me.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

They reduced crouch movement speed. It annoys me.

the movement in general is so much worse and it’s mind boggling that they changed it so much. Epic employees reading this, please revert back to the Ch4 movement ASAP or you’ll be hearing from my lawyers. Oh, and you have 24 hours

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The shield and pistol owns.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Family Guy gets in but not American Dad! :negative:

Give me Stan Smith, Klaus in a suit like that older skin, and Roger in an exo suit that has like 20 different skins that just him disguised as other notable Fortnite skins.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Apparently shuffles is just broken but I hate that they've separated the character appearance from the preset emotes. I chose those dances for this skin for a reason!

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Changing wraps to global instead of per character slot wtf why? I had each character set up with skins that matched their color scheme. And emotes per character. This sucks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I seem to be a lot worse this time around. Maybe it's because I don't know a lot of stuff yet.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Enjoying it already

Love the train

I think the presets do need to be more granular though. I use random weapon skins on nearly every preset and the same emotes on nearly every one, but for the ones I've really made unique, it was for a very good reason

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

the movement in general is so much worse and it’s mind boggling that they changed it so much.

At first I was going to assume it's alot of server stuff. But I played again a few hours later, with 1/10th the queue time. And it was still just as bad. I swear the only way to describe it is like the torso of my character feels like it weighs a ton, and the legs are made of rubber. I kept getting weird momentum off of stuff like destructible objects on the floors in buildings. I didn't get to try the grapple hooks, even though I picked up a bunch, so I have no idea how the movement items feel yet. But nothing about the on foot movement feels good.

I had one bug (I assume) come up where I was opening the caches. And both of the ones I tried had this thing where after a set amount of the meter, it would make my entire screen fade to black. And then just come back again in an instant. I think it did it 3 times on each. And distance from it didn't seem to change anything.

Also, since I was complaining about it earlier. The locker stuff isn't as bad as I imagined it would be. But it still isn't great. I can live with a few more clicks to change my load outs for now. But the way things were before was perfect already. I saw people on another forum saying it's so it feels better on console or mobile. But I hope it gets reverted.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

It doesnt feel better on console. If I want the combo of character skin + emotes + wraps that I had previously customized like 30 slots of, I now have to pick a character, then find the saved emotes and select, then find the saved wraps and select. Oh and first Id have to painstakingly name each one so I could easily find what goes with what. All of which was accomplished with one click before. Its absurd.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ballistic shields don't really budge all that readily do they? Me and another play had a duel with them and I wasted a hundred rounds trying to knock it out of the way, ran out of bullets before they did and the couple times I brought it out against somebody else they just didn't have an answer if I crouched.

You can shoot at the feet but that seemed erratic in it's efficacy.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

AcidCat posted:

It doesnt feel better on console. If I want the combo of character skin + emotes + wraps that I had previously customized like 30 slots of, I now have to pick a character, then find the saved emotes and select, then find the saved wraps and select. Oh and first Id have to painstakingly name each one so I could easily find what goes with what. All of which was accomplished with one click before. Its absurd.

I completely agree, and I have over double the presets you mentioned. It's terrible. I'm not as attached as some, because I just don't switch when all I really want to do is play. However, I keep seeing people saying they don't want to play at all anymore because of this. If that's true, the changes are hurting the product.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Caidin posted:

Ballistic shields don't really budge all that readily do they? Me and another play had a duel with them and I wasted a hundred rounds trying to knock it out of the way, ran out of bullets before they did and the couple times I brought it out against somebody else they just didn't have an answer if I crouched.

Sniper/Ballistic is the meta.

They reduced crouch speed by 43% and regular walk speed by 30ish%

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Granted its only day one but yeah ballistic shield feels pretty OP right out of the gate. And is it just me or is the storm progression a lot quicker? Ive spent more time running from the storm today than I have in a long time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AcidCat posted:

Granted its only day one but yeah ballistic shield feels pretty OP right out of the gate. And is it just me or is the storm progression a lot quicker? Ive spent more time running from the storm today than I have in a long time.

The storm is faster and movement is slower.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Thankful that I've always been satisfied to set all of my character locker slots to Shuffle after favouriting the cosmetics I like, this lobby UI has been butchered so badly I'd have a conniption if I had to wrestle with presets.

I could just be silly but I'm very satisfied with the new movement. I'm not sure how much of it is in how the animation system itself has been reworked, but it feels weightier in a way I find very satisfying, made even better by the improved movement mechanics. Hurdling being back is great and I love that it seems to finally understand how to negotiate high-up windows and stuff.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Another thing I'm noticing is that season is LOUD. Footsteps, including yours, sound louder. As the post above notes you feel heavier possibly as an effect of being slower generally, gunshots are bang bang BANG and reloads are rattly and clickity clack.

Feels meaty, I like it.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Caidin posted:

Clingers work great.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Some combinations of augments are super busted. A dude zeroed me from 100 h 100 s with three bursts x 3 bullets of a loving smg at a range where I couldn't keep him in the bloom of an assault rifle.
Total kill time was less than a second from a considerable distance, wtf.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AcidCat posted:

Changing wraps to global instead of per character slot wtf why? I had each character set up with skins that matched their color scheme. And emotes per character. This sucks.

Yeah, this is just awful. Everything to do with the Locker UI/saved sets/etc is awful now.

----

Season itself seems fun so far. But the locker stuff is a bummer.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AcidCat posted:

On top of that, if you are someone crazy like me who had all 100 locker slots customized, now enjoy scrolling down each list very slowly to the bottom for the ones on that end, since now it is just two per row.

It is bad.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Have Epic commented on the locker changes? I can only imagine it will change back soon seeing how strong the backlash is? What amazes me is that they thought it was a good idea to begin with.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tafferling posted:

Some combinations of augments are super busted. A dude zeroed me from 100 h 100 s with three bursts x 3 bullets of a loving smg at a range where I couldn't keep him in the bloom of an assault rifle.
Total kill time was less than a second from a considerable distance, wtf.

Yeah what’s the gun mod meta? Anyone have that nailed down yet? I generally go with what I think is useful, but there are clearly some very OP unintuitive builds happening.

I’ve been absolutely shredded in a fraction of a second by a gun that shouldn’t work like that

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

poo poo, I didn't realise the movement was so slow

That's why I'm getting wrecked by the storm

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Amphigory posted:

poo poo, I didn't realise the movement was so slow

That's why I'm getting wrecked by the storm

Don't worry, the storm got hella buffed, you're not THAT slow.

And as for the bad gun I can confirm it's a smg with no recoil, i won a match by bursting three consecutive bullets in the face of a guy in a rooftop shootout. He was on the rooftop on the other side of the street...
In my defence, he had the same gun.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 4, 2023

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Free Battle Royal/Legos emote:

fortnite.com/redeem

BANANNANANANA

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

the movement in general is so much worse and it’s mind boggling that they changed it so much. Epic employees reading this, please revert back to the Ch4 movement ASAP or you’ll be hearing from my lawyers. Oh, and you have 24 hours

weird, I actually like the movement changes? the speeds are different to get used to but it feels much better imo.

this locker poo poo is annoying though doubly so with shuffle gone. they even deleted the keybind to favorite anything, you have to click on a stupid dot menu to favorite
the only thing i'm okay with is the emotes tbh i was too lazy to update emotes on every locker set when i got a new one i wanted to use

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah I have no problem with the way movement feels now, if anything it feels better to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Yeah what’s the gun mod meta? Anyone have that nailed down yet? I generally go with what I think is useful, but there are clearly some very OP unintuitive builds happening.

I’ve been absolutely shredded in a fraction of a second by a gun that shouldn’t work like that

I think there’s a mod for guns called “Cover Fire” that equates to them making GBS threads bullets at like 2-3x the rate. It’s less accurate but if you’re close enough, it will shred. I got dropped in a fraction of a second by a guy with one.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
I don't know that there's a list of what mods and combinations give what names, but as far as I've found:

- Cover Fire means a drum mag is installed, for more ammo in each magazine
- Run and Gun means an underbarrel laser, for more accuracy when hipfired

I think Covert Ops means a suppressor is installed and Ambush means there's an angled foregrip as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ambush is the one that gives you a faster ADS and I thought it was a scope thing