Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Where did THAT come from!? This was like watching Dillon vs the Titans a few years back. Can he only turn it on in December?

Dillion has been good for the past several games. Something really clicked for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Not reading the last thirty posts or whatever, but a lot of sports media (especially the Vikings media, not excusing them) will analyse 'beating good teams' outside of where these 'good teams' are at in their season / capabilities.

The Chiefs are literally struggling this season; beating them is a good sign that you're in the mid tier of NFL teams.

E: its not that many posts, more like fifteen

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
We beat the team that would have been the one seed in the AFC w a win.

I’m not crowning our asses, but we’re playing exceptionally good football the last two weeks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I too loftily overlook the past thirty-teen posts when I have an ironclad argument.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MoaM posted:

Not reading the last thirty posts or whatever, but a lot of sports media (especially the Vikings media, not excusing them) will analyse 'beating good teams' outside of where these 'good teams' are at in their season / capabilities.

The Chiefs are literally struggling this season; beating them is a good sign that you're in the mid tier of NFL teams.

E: its not that many posts, more like fifteen

Haha yeah

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Shrimpy posted:

Dillion has been good for the past several games. Something really clicked for him.

Not odd for a really big RB to start improving his play in late autumn imo, derrick henry seems to do so every year

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I agree that the four teams who beat the Chiefs (the Lions, Broncos, Eagles, and Packers) are all mid.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Barely beat the Saints, lost to a rookie QB, got blown out by 23 at home, beat a team that exclusively loses to mid teams. Checks out

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
I AIN’T reading these posts
Pack is BACK

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
It's a shame Love only extended for one year, because that man is going to get PAID if he keeps it up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Patrick Mahomes....

*opens folded note handed to me; puts on reading glasses*

....."ain't poo poo"?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mahomes season gonna be a smudge on State Farm commercials

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Man this Packers team is fun to watch right now

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Wollawolla posted:

It's a shame Love only extended for one year, because that man is going to get PAID if he keeps it up.

suggest they will just give him a daniel jones style contract... but the 1 year extension makes sense because next year pack has 25 mil in cap space (and will more than likely have 50 mil when they cut Bakhtiari ) and the year after that it's all cleared up. They basically just lost this year to cap hell due to the Rodgers contract/trade and next year will be a-ok for a big signing if they want to.

e: like.. for a Packers team this is ridiculous. They _never_ do this. But this was obviously a year of find-out-if-love-is-good and then make a decision so

adaz fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 4, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Its gonna be kinda funny if we witness a Joshua Dobbs style deorbitalisation but it lands in Lambeau

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
From the Lions official IG account a few hours ago:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

oshuaj posted:

Man this Packers team is fun to watch right now

The win streak has been very fun despite the voice in my head constantly going "man this team will get smacked down real quick as soon as opponents realize you should always run the ball 40+ times against them"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jordan Love being good is one more piece of proof that we live in hell and are being divinely punished

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WoodrowSkillson posted:

And they embarrassed the lions now that they have figured their team out, meanwhile we are struggling to beat the bears and the saints while they convincingly beat a much improved chiefs team.

Go root for the Packers then. You clearly don't actually want the Lions to succeed so you might as well go all the way with it, you pathetic brat.

Team has the best record in 50 years and you're still doing nothing but bitching. What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm fully convinced after the Saints game we're not winning a playoff game this year. But I feel like that's everyone getting ahead of themselves. Next year is when we should have big expectations.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 4, 2023

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Give them a break. Not sure how you can expect Lions fans to completely banish their own death drives in a single season.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Packers secondary is completely scrapheap guys playing right now. Pretty wild what they are accomplishing so I haven’t really ragged on Barry this year. I don’t know what this says about Gute though where on one hand he has been able to pick up scrapheap guys, but they are playing a more consistent and better style than most of his high picks that are meh.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Hand Row posted:

The Packers secondary is completely scrapheap guys playing right now. Pretty wild what they are accomplishing so I haven’t really ragged on Barry this year. I don’t know what this says about Gute though where on one hand he has been able to pick up scrapheap guys, but they are playing a more consistent and better style than most of his high picks that are meh.

you should poo poo on Barry at every opportunity and while I am absolutely loving beyond stoked at this team's back half of the season resurgence, the black lining is that it means that he's not gonna his rear end canned and continue to call plays that either allow 20 yards up the gut or leave the other team's best player completely uncovered on the reg.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Week 4 of hand wringing about how the Lions are playing and they're 3-1 over that stretch.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Quoting from The Athletic post-game article:

Three weeks ago, the Packers sat at 3-6, staring down a top-five pick in the 2024 NFL Draft with the Los Angeles Chargers, Detroit Lions and Chiefs ahead. A 3-9 record wasn’t just a possibility. It seemed a probability with how badly the Packers were playing, their only win from Weeks 4-10 coming against a Los Angeles Rams team quarterbacked by Brett Rypien.

Good summary of how wild this turnaround has been, but also that it's been pretty brief. Gotta keep it going!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MJeff posted:

Go root for the Packers then. You clearly don't actually want the Lions to succeed so you might as well go all the way with it, you pathetic brat.

Team has the best record in 50 years and you're still doing nothing but bitching. What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Every team gets their own Kawalimus. Our fanbase just has had actual reasons to be pessimistic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bumhead posted:

Week 4 of hand wringing about how the Lions are playing and they're 3-1 over that stretch.

Right? They never trailed in a game where they lost Frank Ragnow for the majority of it, what're we doing here.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Every team gets their own Kawalimus. Our fanbase just has had actual reasons to be pessimistic.

Their Kawalimus is cheeky and fun. Our Kawalimus is cruel and tragic.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1731578374617800911

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MJeff posted:

Their Kawalimus is cheeky and fun. Our Kawalimus is cruel and tragic.

heavy is the head that wears the crown

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Packers QB is on the rise and in the playoff hunt in the early days of December again. The division can't escape cruelty and tragedy because that is its home; I don't blame someone who's seen how this part of the story ended the last 13 times from thinking he's just on a vacation and you're just going to end up taking him back to the home in January for another long, long rest

*Not even Lions-exclusive. Vikings finally had Cousins looking like a top 5 QB on a rough year for QBs in general, on a contract year, and then he got crippled. Bears still don't know what to do about Fields despite getting the first overall again, this time not even from their own record

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Q_res posted:

I'm fully convinced after the Saints game we're not winning a playoff game this year. But I feel like that's everyone getting ahead of themselves. Next year is when we should have big expectations.

I've been there for a little while, which is why I set my bar at a division title. At the same time, every NFC team that isn't SF has an extreme flaw of some sort, so no matter what it'll be a wild game.

Chris James 2 posted:

A Packers QB is on the rise and in the playoff hunt in the early days of December again. The division can't escape cruelty and tragedy because that is its home; I don't blame someone who's seen how this part of the story ended the last 13 times from thinking he's just on a vacation and you're just going to end up taking him back to the home in January for another long, long rest

*Not even Lions-exclusive. Vikings finally had Cousins looking like a top 5 QB on a rough year for QBs in general, on a contract year, and then he got crippled. Bears still don't know what to do about Fields despite getting the first overall again, this time not even from their own record

Gun to your head, who is your primary rooting interest in the NFL

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 4, 2023

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

MJeff posted:

Right? They never trailed in a game where they lost Frank Ragnow for the majority of it, what're we doing here.

At the same time, it’s hard to not worry when you start off with a 21-0 lead at the end of the first quarter, are outscored in every other quarter, and only win by 5.

Now don’t get me wrong, a win is a win, and I understand that these types of things can happen in the NFL, but our defense has looked real shaky the last few weeks and it looks like we have trouble some reason adapting to the opponents game script.

I know the Lions fans I was watching with were initially happy that it looked like we could have a solid and straightforward win for once, without the usual fear of a mid game collapse. We’ve seen what this team is capable of this year, and it’s better than the inconsistency since Baltimore

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

C-Euro posted:

I've been there for a little while, which is why I set my bar at a division title.

This is where I'm at too but I wonder if expectations have become warped elsewhere.

I don't think "automatic right to beat up on bad teams" was ever the expectation for this season but some are giving off the impression that's where they think this team is (in the wider sphere I mean, not on here).

And even then, it's worth remembering that the Eagles lost to Zach Wilson and Hackett's Jets. We have the same number of L's as Dallas and SF.

The last 4 weeks hasn't been clean football but it has been winning football. I'd rather not have a heart attack every week doing it but on current form this team can ride the schedule out to a division win (which for historical reasons is a HUGE deal for this team and a massive hurdle it needs to clear) and think about winning a play-off game. Yeah maybe this team gets blown the gently caress out by SF, Philly or Dallas but again, was the expectation to pip those teams to the conference championship this year?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Hand Row posted:

It's bonkers how this seems to happen every single year. By week 12 or so the Packers have UDFA's and castoffs at key secondary positions. They just can't keep people healthy back there going way back to Nick Collins. They have holes in their defense but I love the energy they are playing with right now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Barry seems to consistently have issues with the defense suddenly yielding a gigantic gap. We saw it earlier in the season with the line getting gashed in goal-to-go situations, and we saw it like 4 times last night with Kelce suddenly crossing a route and his man losing track of him. God help me but if Barry can fix that he'll be a perfectly adequate DC.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The defense is why the Lions aren’t a real Super Bowl threat, but they still have a huge divisional advantage and can win A playoff game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be honest any team can win a playoff game. Because that’s how football goes and also all teams have looked like poo poo from time to time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Henchman of Santa posted:

The defense is why the Lions aren’t a real Super Bowl threat, but they still have a huge divisional advantage and can win A playoff game

Win a playoff game and I will stand firm and call Dan Campbell the best lions coach since Wayne "Big Buck" Fontes and likely the best coach since the 60s.