Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
This is why the most famous people are also the most murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

That's some serious sleep-on-the-floor energy from Linda there.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:siren: elon posts laughing emoji :siren:

'Guess we're not dead yet': Elon Musk just posted a laughing emoji after X surpassed Instagram, Facebook in driving traffic through Google — by a wide margin. Is it time to sell META?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/guess-were-not-dead-yet-130000576.html

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

has anyone ever asked why the Malaysian dude has a British rear end name like Ian Miles?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

There's no need to be rude

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

He recently posted something on how he prefers HEB to Walmart, and I oughta ask: I know Texans who stand by that, but is it like the equivalent of Lidl where it has its own brands + has its own semi-ironic marketing where you end up with HEB Trainers and HEB Christmas sweaters or what?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

has anyone ever asked why the Malaysian dude has a British rear end name like Ian Miles?

not uncommon in SEA.

some Chinese there will have names like Winston and Basil and crap like that

it’s where old British names go to die

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mola Yam posted:

what is he even saying with that tweet.

he doesnt know

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Spergin Morlock posted:

you can probably guess the answer already

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fuligin posted:

you can probably guess the answer already

his parents were angloweebs?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Spergin Morlock posted:

Imperialism

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elon musk

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

According to the Supreme Court "money = free speech" thus Apple is exercising their freedom speech by not advertising on X and thus Musk whould be applauding them.

No, you see

money = free speech

no money = censorship, extortion

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bootleg Trunks posted:

'Guess we're not dead yet': Elon Musk just posted a laughing emoji after X surpassed Instagram, Facebook in driving traffic through Google — by a wide margin. Is it time to sell META?

Elon ftw?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

teaaboos :eng101:

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
All my chud family members are obsessed with twitter now so I guess Elon will win, much to the chagrin of everyone who predicted a twitter collapse

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shyduck posted:

Elon musk

This

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

Elon musk

I hate that word

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

FishMcCool posted:

live, laugh, love (the car)

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BUUNNI posted:

All my chud family members are obsessed with twitter now so I guess Elon will win, much to the chagrin of everyone who predicted a twitter collapse

"will win" ???

Elon is not an average meme lord. Do you serously think he'd explain his master troll if there remained the slightesth chance of WOKE affecting its coutcome?

Elon was FTW thiry-five minutes ago.
:elon:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Kunster posted:

He recently posted something on how he prefers HEB to Walmart, and I oughta ask: I know Texans who stand by that, but is it like the equivalent of Lidl where it has its own brands + has its own semi-ironic marketing where you end up with HEB Trainers and HEB Christmas sweaters or what?

I'd put HEB up with the likes of Costco for both how they treat their employees and the quality of their store brand stuff. During hurricanes and other natural disasters, HEB ends up being more help than the state and federal government.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/heb-took-care-communities-harvey/

They're also one of the few businesses that had an ear to the ground RE: COVID and were meeting with Chinese partners in January of 2020 and were implementing social distancing and limits on purchases before it was even declared a pandemic.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

quote:

Justen Noakes, Director of Emergency Preparedness:So when did we start looking at the coronavirus? Probably the second week in January, when it started popping up in China as an issue. We’ve got interests in the global sourcing world, and we started getting reports on how it was impacting things in China, so we started watching it closely at that point. We decided to take a harder look at how to implement the plan we developed in 2009 into a tabletop exercise. On February 2, we dusted it off and compared the plan we had versus what we were seeing in China, and started working on step one pretty heavily.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

UFOTacoMan posted:

"will win" ???

Elon is not an average meme lord. Do you serously think he'd explain his master troll if there remained the slightesth chance of WOKE affecting its coutcome?

Elon was FTW thiry-five minutes ago.
:elon:

:vince:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Meme stands for "Musk's Extremely Masterful Epicness"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bootleg Trunks posted:

What does "driving traffic through Google" even mean?

I guess if the CEO of a company very publicly tells their business partners and main source of revenue to "go gently caress themselves", yeah, that company name, the CEOs name and "go gently caress yourself" will be googled for quite a bit and may very well drive traffic.

There was a brief time where the same thing happened with "Jeffrey Epstein".

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

mcbexx posted:

I guess if the CEO of a company very publicly tells their business partners and main source of revenue to "go gently caress themselves", yeah, that company name, the CEOs name and "go gently caress yourself" will be googled for quite a bit and may very well drive traffic.

thats what she said

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mcbexx posted:

quote:

But a recent post on X highlighted that the platform was leading in traffic generation via Google’s top 100 organic search results. The post reads, “X Traffic Update! X surpasses Instagram and Facebook by a significant margin in driving traffic through Google.”

It means people are looking at the dumpster fire, yeah.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shes not wrong

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol jesus christ what a loser

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Anyone know what would happen differently if the cybertruck test used the half-wall thingy like the others instead of a full flat wall?

The half wall is a simulation of the back of a trailer rig. Something that can actually happen on the road, a completely stopped 18 wheeler.

I am going to guess though that the top half of the Cybertruck keeps moving while the lower half decouples itself.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I love it when ads get the Community Note treatment https://twitter.com/yessir_box/status/1726506256511521237

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

lol jesus christ what a loser

mad?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Instagram and Facebook are account-walled. No one searching for information on Google is going to go to them because you can't even view the pages if you're not logged in (which also probably hinders SEO). It's probably mostly people looking for businesses or something that do click on them. I'd be very surprised if this weren't the case before the company got bought.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Instagram and Facebook are account-walled. No one searching for information on Google is going to go to them because you can't even view the pages if you're not logged in (which also probably hinders SEO). It's probably mostly people looking for businesses or something that do click on them. I'd be very surprised if this weren't the case before the company got bought.

its also probably because the internal search function is worthless

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Schmoe Cwead posted:

its also probably because the internal search function is worthless
many such cases

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Kunster posted:

it's really just an excellent supermarket. Things run cheaper than most competitors and it has great produce. Buckeys is the other texas thing but it's entirely just for the absurdity of it heb is legit awesome.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

getting in a war of words with the second most prolific writer in american history seems like a bad idea

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
they've been doing it for like over a year at this point so it doesn't matter

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
edit: wrong thread oops

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol that he needs a day each time to respond to the writer of the tommyknockers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Elon just give it up, you can't out-cocaine this man.