Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

peanut posted:

Keep on snacking.

Put the snacks in a paper cup.

dont mind me just taking a refreshing swig of goldfish crackers from my cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Just wtf, there's a mosquito buzzing around the office and it's -13C outside.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

That's why it is inside.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I found one in my room on Saturday and it’s been below -5C° for a week.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you're cold, they're cold. Bring them inside.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
If you're c-

McGavin posted:

If you're cold, they're cold. Bring them inside.

:argh:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

zedprime posted:

Unless you know something specific about your department headcount this sounds like textbook "let's not give this person a raise" type year end complaints.

Unlike this which is them being as clear as a poo poo head allows themselves to be that they just want you gone.

I already got two raises this year :buddy:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ephex posted:

I already got two raises this year :buddy:

Ah, an expensive non team player

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Maybe it only understands Fahrenheit.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If someone said I wasn't a team player for not going for drinks I'd go straight to HR.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Mulaney Power Move posted:

If someone said I wasn't a team player for not going for drinks I'd go straight to HR.

not-team-player status confirmed

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

People who use the term "team player" rarely actually understand the definition of the word "team"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When I was a coop student in university we had to take a 'how to be a good employee' class before our first placement and they taught us 'employers like employees who are flexible' and then would shout that at us any time we tried to enforce a work-life boundary

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Boss (cool guy): Hey, I need you to drop what you're doing and help this team out.

Me: OK!

Me: Hey team, how can I help?

Other team: Oh we'll let you know!

It's been two weeks. They have not let me know. I'm going to need more video games.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Got my yearly review tomorrow. The last month has been going terrible, because I was put on a new project that's huge, complex and is not going to make its deadline.

Hopefully I'm not just graded on that one month, instead of the other 11.

e: posting on page 666 😈😈😈

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

I’d go straight to the bar, I’ll show them a team player! I’ll drink all day!!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
"You're not a team player"

"Yeah? Well you're not a coach"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m having an awesome year but the company is doing terribly because the whole industry is hosed at the moment, so there will be no decent performance bonuses to pay it off.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

We have hit all of our projections for the year already which is nice, so hopefully the profit sharing is solid and sounds like it should be. Won't know until the end of December though.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Our FY doesn't close until end of January and they don't do yearly reviews until like May so I can cruise along during the holidays and make sure I land something impactful in early 2024.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m having an awesome year but the company is doing terribly because the whole industry is hosed at the moment, so there will be no decent performance bonuses to pay it off.

:smith::respek::smith:

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

Same.

I'm blowing out all my goals. But the company is looking to close with -20mil rev and -8/10 mil in profit over last year. So we all get a pity 2% increase.

For comparison when we did record numbers during COVID we all got 5-6% raises and the owners dropped 4mil on a house.

It's been great watching people lose their loving minds. Fun fact, one person and one account are responsible for almost 3.5 mill is additional costs because he ordered 20mil in product without a confirmation from the customer and it sat, for four months, in two new warehouses we had to emergency contract. Even then, the customer is still hedging on taking all this product and even if they do it's already so late in the year that the revenue won't hit until Q2.

When there was a meeting about this in July the general vibe was that he was getting a slap on the wrist and we rest of us were somehow responsible for him going rogue and making this call with no input from anyone including the owners. Because, and I quote "I figured if this was an issue someone would have said something."

Most of us only found out about this when we saw the factory had scheduled 250 shipping containers to transit in 6 weeks. For context we shipped in 320 containers during all of 2022.

I'm just vibing

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Woe to you oh R and D
For the PM sends his beast with wrath
For he knows the Gantt is short
Let him who hath accountability reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human resources number
Its extension is... six hundred and sixty six.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm taking a certification class and it's 8 hours in a classroom listening to a lecture, 5 min break per hour and a 45 min lunch break. The lecturer is dynamic but I know my aggressive notetaking is the key to staying awake.
There are 40 of us and I don't see the other students taking notes. I don't know how they're staying awake. How are they staying awake???

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

peanut posted:

I'm taking a certification class and it's 8 hours in a classroom listening to a lecture, 5 min break per hour and a 45 min lunch break. The lecturer is dynamic but I know my aggressive notetaking is the key to staying awake.
There are 40 of us and I don't see the other students taking notes. I don't know how they're staying awake. How are they staying awake???

Some people are very good at daydreaming.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

peanut posted:

They aren't.
You fell asleep near the start, and everything since had been a vivid dream.

Also, posting on final performance review page.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

peanut posted:

They got a full 8 hours of sleep the night before.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Had meeting with external coach we pay way too much. Highlights included:

-“Neuroscience studies show how glucose usage in the cortex…”

-“strategies for actualizing… premature practicality… Einstein said…”

“What can other teams learn from this high functioning team?”

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've been told i'm very high functioning, i probably belong on that team

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Had meeting with external coach we pay way too much. Highlights included:

-“Neuroscience studies show how glucose usage in the cortex…”

-“strategies for actualizing… premature practicality… Einstein said…”

“What can other teams learn from this high functioning team?”

huh.

so i had a very differing experience with a no doubt highly paid external coach. dude like poked at me constantly about how my work life balance was doing and actually encouraged me to chill out a bit.

sorry your experience sucked :smith:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If a performance coach poked me I'd go straight to HR

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Shithouse Dave posted:

My boss is mad at me for eating outside of my official breaks.

There are a few reasons I do this: I have IBS, and I need to eat small amounts often to prevent my guts rebelling and lost time in the bathroom. I also currently have a hosed up tooth that’s been causing me pain and is hard to chew on (root canal next week).
I also often don’t get actual breaks. I work alone in the brewery, while all the other 9-5 staff work next door in the office and/or warehouse. The bar doesn’t open til 3pm, and I never eat in the actual production space, I just take drive-by bites between tasks.
There’s no issue if I have a glass of water on the corner of the bar and sip at it. No issue if I have a cup of coffee, or a miso soup or an instant cup-a-soup. The issue arises when I take drive-by bites of solid food, and I can’t understand how this is an issue at all!
The explanation is that “if you’re eating, you’re not focusing on your task”. I don’t think a single bite impacts my focus. What does impact my focus, is trying to eat too much at once, having cramps and diarrhoea, or becoming too hungry and getting nauseous.
It’s not a “looking professional” thing, I’m a brewer and there’s no other fucker here to see me. It’s not a “time wasted” thing, because it doesn’t apply to the coffee drinkers.
I brought up that everyone takes time to come over and make coffee and poo poo up the bar back, while I keep my stuff clean and don’t devote any more time to it than the coffee and chat crew, and I was accused of wanting special treatment and not being normal (yeah no poo poo, there are no normal people in brewing).

I’m just baffled and I don’t know what to do about it. And it’s upset me to the point where I’m eating even less than my usual current not-enough.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

If a performance coach poked me I'd go straight to HR

Sounds like somebody's not a team player

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

McGavin posted:

They got a full 8 hours of sleep the night before.

If you're going to lie, at least make it believable.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

peanut posted:

Keep on snacking.

Put the snacks in a paper cup.

Nah gently caress that, start tearing chunks off a huge drumstick or a beef shank

Also, hail Satan!

ChickenDoodle posted:

Boss (cool guy): Hey, I need you to drop what you're doing and help this team out.

Me: OK!

Me: Hey team, how can I help?

Other team: Oh we'll let you know!

It's been two weeks. They have not let me know. I'm going to need more video games.

Try Going Under for a thread-appropriate little game!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 5, 2023

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Agents are GO! posted:

Try Going Under for a thread-appropriate little game!

Oh, I forgot I actually had that game! Thanks for reminding me of it! Time to go gently caress up some goblins!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Joblins <:mad:>

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

President demanded we fix our chaotic file structure by end of year. We now have several meetings where the whole team is in just randomly deciding how we update our enormous file system.

Lots of acronyms being made for standardized naming conventions on the fly by people from different departments during the meetings. Simultaneous action items of “make a list of naming conventions to be approved” and “everyone just pick a set of files and start renaming them”. A person who was not even in the meetings was tasked with deciding where all external-facing files go. That person has also been here less than 2 months. So far the prevailing method has been “just add YYYY-MM-DD to the front of every single file and then we’ll sort it out from there”.

I’m sure this will fix all our issues.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

President demanded we fix our chaotic file structure by end of year. We now have several meetings where the whole team is in just randomly deciding how we update our enormous file system.

Lots of acronyms being made for standardized naming conventions on the fly by people from different departments during the meetings. Simultaneous action items of “make a list of naming conventions to be approved” and “everyone just pick a set of files and start renaming them”. A person who was not even in the meetings was tasked with deciding where all external-facing files go. That person has also been here less than 2 months. So far the prevailing method has been “just add YYYY-MM-DD to the front of every single file and then we’ll sort it out from there”.

I’m sure this will fix all our issues.

:lol:

:lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hail Satan.