Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

double nine posted:

is "dirty laundry" just an excuse for grant to meet hot dudes and/or ladies ?

I thought it was an excuse for me to see Lily looking gorgeous in hot outfits but maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Lisa Gilroy was on an absolute tear in the latest Make Some Noise.

Holy poo poo she was unstoppable. She is impossibly entertaining and weird and hilarious

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mob posted:

I thought it was an excuse for me to see Lily looking gorgeous in hot outfits but maybe?

we can do both

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

double nine posted:

we can do both
Dirty Laundry is purely candy for bisexuals

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh drat they just dropped new info about their new series staring Vic. From the poster I spotted Rashawn ans BDG

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sorry for the triple post but latest breaking news

HOLY gently caress KATIE GOT TO DOUBLE DIGITS!

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sorry for the triple post but latest breaking news

HOLY gently caress KATIE GOT TO DOUBLE DIGITS!

Thank you for this. I was planning on skipping and forgetting this episode.

Breaking News can be hit or miss.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that was wholesome

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Someone made a compilation of Brennan talking about food and it's just so wholesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMJ5Q5ufYM4

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"it's a brand"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/VIPeopleShow/status/1730655502340612336

Looks amazin'

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Of course Brennan starts explaining physics

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I wasn't excited about this on paper, despite thinking Vic is amazing, but that trailer has me convinced. I cannot wait for this weird bullshit

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I like some of these people, but I think this will end up being Too Improv for me.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Just catching up on Burrow's End now, it's great. drat that bear reveal.

In particular, really, really like Erica playing a character that's so low energy. They're a joy, but usually a bit too much for me in D20 and other things, so this tampered down performance is fan-tastic. Helps that they're killing it too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Megazver posted:

I like some of these people, but I think this will end up being Too Improv for me.

My hope is just they picked the high spots for the trailer, and like it's mostly played far far more toned down funny in the actual episodes.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I went back and started A Crown of Candy, and holy poo poo I didn’t realize this was the Hardcore season. It’s so stressful. I’m on episode 8 and it feels like it’s setting up another near TPK. Also starting to worry that Zac is just gone for the rest of the season, which would be a bummer.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i've been finally making my way through sophomore year over the course of the past week or so and folks [ep 19], adaine one-shotting her dad has to be one of the most baller cinematic moments i've ever heard in an actual play. got chills over here

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Awkward Davies posted:

I went back and started A Crown of Candy, and holy poo poo I didn’t realize this was the Hardcore season. It’s so stressful. I’m on episode 8 and it feels like it’s setting up another near TPK. Also starting to worry that Zac is just gone for the rest of the season, which would be a bummer.

Wow, what an insane episode. I appreciate how at this point in the season the cast is matching Brennan's ruthlessness. Emily stabbing Stilton Curdeau, knocking him into the water, and then following it up with a second attack to drive him even deeper underwater to ensure his death, in particular. Ice cold. Then of course the cold blooded murder of the two remaining attackers who surrendered.

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 5, 2023

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Is Adventuring Party worth watching alongside Dimension 20?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I feel medium about them. I think there’s a few too many in the cast for there to really be a good flow of conversation. I subscribe to the NADDPOD Patreon and the Short Rests are great because it’s the four of them talking about the episode and spiraling out into lots of bits. That doesn’t happen as much on the Adventuring Parties IMO.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Yes. They are generally entertaining, and the zoom adventuring parties are a bunch of sleep-deprived quarantined improv actors descending into insanity

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’ve only ever really enjoyed the Adventuring Parties with the main cast. There are some other decent ones from other series, but overall not as good.

The Neverafter Adventuring Parties are more entertaining than some actual seasons of D20.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The Neverafter Adventuring Parties are more entertaining than some actual seasons of D20.

One of the Neverafter Adventuring Parties is literally titled Big Zoom Energy

loving bugshit

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I just finished ep 8 of A Crown of Candy. Reading the threads on Reddit about it. It seems like the rest of the season is just as brutal. Should I just give up now? I really do not like this genre.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Awkward Davies posted:

Ugh I just finished ep 8 of A Crown of Candy. Reading the threads on Reddit about it. It seems like the rest of the season is just as brutal. Should I just give up now? I really do not like this genre.

If you're not enjoying a season you're allowed to stop!

Very light spoilers: There are parts I would consider to be more upsetting than what has happened so far remaining in the rest of the season from where you're at.

The tone starts to shift closer towards the end of the season.

More explicit specific spoilers you should not click unless you don't care: There's a real gut punch in episode 9, then the tension slowly dissipates.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

If you're not enjoying a season you're allowed to stop!

Very light spoilers: There are parts I would consider to be more upsetting than what has happened so far remaining in the rest of the season from where you're at.

The tone starts to shift closer towards the end of the season.

More explicit specific spoilers you should not click unless you don't care: There's a real gut punch in episode 9, then the tension slowly dissipates.

I hosed up, I just finished episode 9, “Safe Harbor”. So, I know what you mean about the gut punch. If things improve from there I’ll probably finish it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Burrow's End With how the previous episodes have been panning out I was curious if they could somehow wrangle a non-combat finale but uhhhh those content warnings

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Dropout continues to be the best streamer

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

They just keep proving that they're pretty good eggs. I hope they keep up the good work.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Awkward Davies posted:

I hosed up, I just finished episode 9, “Safe Harbor”. So, I know what you mean about the gut punch. If things improve from there I’ll probably finish it.

You might as well. Fwiw, I loved the tone of the first half and disliked the way it resolved - so you might find the back half more enjoyable.

I find Adventuring Party is a nice night cap after the two hour+ episodes, and occasionally it's related. They go off in tangents 90% of the time, but sometimes it's legit hilarious stuff, like the Neverafter episode where they spend 10 minutes talking about how sexy the Faeries mini's are. Brennan admits they don't make faerie mini's, so production had to work with Angel models and it's very hard to find Angels that aren't.... putting themselves out there. So Perry and his team tried to add poo poo to them to make them look less like a Victoria Secret spread, and the riffs are loving great.

But they're hit or miss and if you watch a few and aren't digging it, it's skippable for sure.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Didn't really like the new Make Some Noise episode. I'm not into musical theatre though I did like the last karaoke they did, maybe it's the lack of points?

Sometimes I do think we have forayed too deeply into improv and I miss some of the old, uh, Dropout sketches.

Like my favourite which I just watched as I do every year: guy who overpronounces foreign words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKGoVefhtMQ

And yes this is an invitation for people to post their favourites.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can I just post the whole playlist of Brennan's CEO ones?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TGj227OVKY

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I’m glad I found this thread. Dropout continues to be the best streaming service I spend money on. Sam is even cool with password sharing!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5oL4QKb6Sk

Think of this one every time I order Chinese food.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Kazy posted:

that's incredibly on-brand

and makes me wish dropout did more sketches again

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/ot7PZ17outc?si=4QOBiVrs0r-9QMlA
Not technically official Dropout stuff, but it’s the closest thing to a new sketch from some of the gang in years.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHLGStudios

Grant & Katie have been making short sketches as well
I don't know what the plan is with the dropout umbrella but sketches doesn't seem to be part of it, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Kazy posted:

The thai place near me has like 3 noodle dishes I switch between when getting takeout.

I still have to look at a menu every time. I think about this sketch a lot.