Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Very bold, i say swears online.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
High school students in Aspen build tiny homes for their teachers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvc5Jmvt-qA

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

couldn’t they just build regular homes for them?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

i am harry posted:

please, they might get ideas

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

i am harry posted:

The point of tiny houses is to create someone who pays land rent, which is even more profitable for the landlord because they don't even have to maintain a building.

Aspen should be building more loving apartments.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

i am harry posted:

You can't just give housing away, it has to be bought at market rate or civilization collapses.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
i just checked SFH prices for the first time in a year (gave up on entering the market in northern california). prices are higher than they were before interest rates went up and often substantially. what the gently caress

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

they’re back up to the highest valuation they were ever at before rates started going up here in CO

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
yup, record high here, lmao

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
What else would you think house prices would do?? Buh?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my rent went down, in a way

i pay a startup $1100/month and the startup pays my apartment complex $1300 each month. the startup imploded (how??) and quit paying the complex so i found a much better place for around the same price where i can walk to work

i'm going to walk to work for the first time in my life in nine hours

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

i say swears online posted:

i pay a startup $1100/month and the startup pays my apartment complex $1300 each month. the startup imploded (how??) and quit paying the complex so i found a much better place for around the same price where i can walk to work

sounds like a long walk to work

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm almost there

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I want to know more about this startup and what exactly it did

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
clearly you paid them 84% of your rent and they just paid the full amount to the landlord.

They were probably some kind of insurance for landlords where they would pay a reduced rent and guarantee payment for the duration of the lease or something. So the landlord got $1000 a month and didn't have to do anything. Unless you know they were paying the landlord the $1300, in which case they were some crazy money laundering scheme or planned to become the new "Uber for paying rent."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah it's the second, they were burning VC money. Google Rezi or RentRezi. they got $200m in VC funding in the last 12 months. they stopped paying my apartment complex a few months ago and wouldn't answer emails, so I sent them one saying I considered myself released from my contract, and since I never had anything signed with the complex, bolted before they could move to evict

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao go to Google reviews and sort by newest

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
It says they're a "proptech" company

https://www.ycombinator.com/companies/rezi

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Just went under contract so expect the housing market to start dropping any time.

I fully expect to be underwater but we love it and can afford it and I just want this insane market to die already.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Ebola Roulette posted:

Just went under contract so expect the housing market to start dropping any time.

I fully expect to be underwater but we love it and can afford it and I just want this insane market to die already.

pfc alt spotted

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

congrats- walking an biking to work were my favorite parts of urban living

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it ruled. never driving again (because getting out from downtown to the highways is a brutal chore)

now I just need a raise

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

can I have an affordable home yet?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ornery and Hornery posted:

can I have an affordable home yet?

best we can give you is crushing poverty and an early death

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ebola Roulette posted:

who gives a gently caress about under water

the real issue is skyrocketing valuation leading to hundreds of more dollars a month in taxes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

property taxes own

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

i am harry posted:

who gives a gently caress about under water

the real issue is skyrocketing valuation leading to hundreds of more dollars a month in taxes

All the boomer hogs in my neighborhood need maximum windfalls to retire to Myrtle Beach someday. Number must only go up.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Lol at this flipped house https://old.reddit.com/r/FirstTimeHomeBuyer/s/5nLqHMwIIr

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

anime was right posted:

best we can give you is crushing poverty and an early death

well I appreciate the good faith negotiations and I accept the offer

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

just for a laugh I looked up the “luxury” 3bd 2ba apartment we lived in 2016-2018 and rented for about $1800.

$2538

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
maybe they renovated it with new paint

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Grey vinyl flooring

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I'm so alienated from homeownership that every time there's a gigantic fire and people lose their homes I think to myself "well now these people just have what I have what are they complaining about?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

insurance will rebuild the houses. they are crying over losing stuff like pictures or pets or whatever

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

That's increasingly not the case in California where insurance is starting to become unaffordable in lots of areas because the price of homes are so high.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

LuxuryLarva posted:

That's increasingly not the case in California where insurance is starting to become unaffordable in lots of areas because the price of homes are so high.

is that why insurance is becoming unaffordable :thunk:

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

The Oldest Man posted:

is that why insurance is becoming unaffordable :thunk:

If it costs a million dollars to build a house it costs a million dollars to rebuild a house.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

LuxuryLarva posted:

If it costs a million dollars to build a house it costs a million dollars to rebuild a house.

the actuarial tables for ca fire risk just having "DEATH" scrawled on them in blood now is unrelated i suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

LuxuryLarva posted:

probably costs more assuming its a complete loss