Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm just confused about the dissonance in living in a hyper militarized state that simultaneously can't provide basic military supplies. "Where does the money go? Why are we doing this? Why do we all make sacrifices if the state won't feed and clothe us?"

I realize it's because they struck that sweet spot between ethnonationalism and neoliberalism, so I can understand the process, but not the experience.

Yeah Israel relies almost entirely on America providing the military needs. Israel alone can't fund their war, they need handouts to do it. They are spending currently like 6 billion dollars USD a month on this war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
soldiers can't help themselves but take corny group photos at every "enemy" landmark they come across. interesting insight into how they view the situation

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

It's morbidly funny because you could tell from the rhetoric & propaganda that Ukraine was supposed to be the genesis of a new justification for the besieged US hegemony, a salespitch for war built out of anticolonialist humanitarian language...

Then whoops, our pet colony that has a doctrine entirely around maximizing war crimes has gone berserk and is now doing literally everything Russia has been accused of doing, times ten. Time to flush a half-century of work seducing eastern Liberals down the drain.

Don't forget the Neo Red Scare that it was all the fault of Stalin and his Tankies, a repeat of the Soviet Holocaust etc. Too bad that involved spending several years rehabilitating the Nazis until suddenly they have to pivot to hunting anti-Semites.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Lazy_Liberal posted:

soldiers can't help themselves but take corny group photos at every "enemy" landmark they come across. interesting insight into how they view the situation

felt cute, might genocide later

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Lazy_Liberal posted:

This has come up in the WW3 thread and the Ukraine thread, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't take a soldier's phone away these days. We sent a girl home from tour for taking selfies in the CP, I think you'd have to let her skate now. The corny summer camp atmosphere and doing stuff to post on social media, that's where we're at.

The IDF specifically, might as well produce slideshows of all of their group photos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_NxOF7RB4

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm just confused about the dissonance in living in a hyper militarized state that simultaneously can't provide basic military supplies. "Where does the money go? Why are we doing this? Why do we all make sacrifices if the state won't feed and clothe us?"

I realize it's because they struck that sweet spot between ethnonationalism and neoliberalism, so I can understand the process, but not the experience.

WW2 Japan levels of logistical incompetence (we shouldn't forget Japan was also a corrupt capitalist kleptocracy), only the war is happening next door rather than across half the Pacific...

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Evil Hamas was using these terror fields to grow terror food for future Hamas terrorists.
DTI
https://twitter.com/hrw/status/1731689458695655770

quote:

In the towns of the latter peoples, however, which your God יהוה is giving you as a heritage, you shall not let a soul remain alive.

No, you must proscribe* them—the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites—as your God יהוה has commanded you, lest they lead you into doing all the abhorrent things that they have done for their gods and you stand guilty before your God יהוה.

When in your war against a city you have to besiege it a long time in order to capture it, you must not destroy its trees, wielding the ax against them. You may eat of them, but you must not cut them down. Are trees of the field human to withdraw before you into the besieged city?

in the genocide passage, this is forbidden. just so malevolent and anti-life and stupid that the bronze age refused this

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Brain Candy posted:

in the genocide passage, this is forbidden. just so malevolent and anti-life and stupid that the bronze age refused this

Zionists don't believe in any god that doesn't accept the blood of men, women, and children as a tithe.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

the only RPG allowed in the IDF is MYFAROG

lately they've also started allowing Yassin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/yaelbt/status/1730249164141797742

hamas is isis, but also couldnt take a dog away from a kid.

lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo8GJ1B-7J4

their rations literally are loving godawful because they have never planned to have soldiers in the field for extended periods away from depots.

All cans ftw. those vids of israeli moms cooking for soldiers way back wasn't charity, it was neccesity

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there some sort of cultural dimension to everybody throwing together for a potluck for the army and donating them mittens and poo poo that I don't understand? It seems like absolutely birdbrained Mickey Mouse bullshit, but Israel is also an insanely militarized state with gigantic military spending so... clearly they shouldn't need to feed and clothe their own loving army.

It's not a high school soccer team that needs parents to donate uniforms. Worst case, just issue Victory Bonds or something. Christ.

during the winter war, scandinavian women's associations would knit and people would do donation drives of backpacks, winter clothes etc for the finnish army

that was a total mobilisation of reserves in the face of foreign aggression, though

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

some antiwar Israeli grandma is quietly destroying the IDF with exlax doped cookies.

It's the former hostage who talked about how nice the hamas boys were when she stayed with them.

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there some sort of cultural dimension to everybody throwing together for a potluck for the army and donating them mittens and poo poo that I don't understand? It seems like absolutely birdbrained Mickey Mouse bullshit, but Israel is also an insanely militarized state with gigantic military spending so... clearly they shouldn't need to feed and clothe their own loving army.

It's not a high school soccer team that needs parents to donate uniforms. Worst case, just issue Victory Bonds or something. Christ.

Protestors in nyc disrupted a fundraiser for the IDF on friday nite. For some reason it's exactly like parent groups that fundraise for schools.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 22:55 on Dec 4, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Frosted Flake posted:

First, the Israeli population is completely sold on the idea that we have nowhere else to go, that we're some little enclave of civilization surrounded on all sides by people who can't wait for the first chance to attack us, and in a greater sense, that the entire world is against us. It's a symptom of leftover paranoia from the 20th century wars mixed in with the general zionist brain rot that says Jews just have inherently hateable characteristics and therefore anti-semitism is just a universal, unavoidable fact of life that we will never ever be able to escape no matter what. Even western countries that diplomatically and materially support Israel aren't exempt from this paranoia. America is our big daddy that is essentially responsible for our existence but not only do Israelis love making GBS threads on Americans, a lot of Israelis, especially younger ones, have this stereotype that all Americans are foolish pro Palestine woke moralists or whatever the gently caress. When Israelis complain about anti Israel protests abroad, they very often specifically single out Americans like they're spearheading it, often coupled with clapbacks about how Americans should give their homes to a native if they care about colonialism so much and poo poo like that. Older Israeli zionazi psychos have a different yet similar stereotype of Americans as crybaby humanitarians who are holding us back from doing what is "necessary". I refer you back to that article posted much earlier in this thread where an Israeli writer claims that the IDF mustn't shy away from letting starvation and disease spread in Gaza and not fall for American humanitarian whining. That kind of thinking isn't an isolated phenomenon. Israel's dependence on America is like this sort of secret shame that hangs over all of us because nobody likes those guys.

To quote someone I once talked and expressed reservations about the IDF's effectiveness to a long time ago: "You can't NOT trust them. You don't have that choice. Who else are you gonna trust?"
Israelis thoroughly believe that we can't afford to be unpatriotic like that. They may criticize the military and bitch about how lovely it is in certain aspects, like how it has bad food or how they hate shaving, but Israelis are scared of just completely rebelling against the system and giving the military the middle finger. It's gonna take much more than supply shortages for this to happen. Lots of young people dodge the draft but it's not out of any ideological disagreement with the military or how it does things, they just don't give a gently caress about personally serving.

You can see this reflected in how Israelis are currently talking about how Diaspora Jews are gonna start moving to Israel en masse soon because they feel unsafe. Yeah, because it's so much safer here, dude. But right, I forgot that a second holocaust is pretty much inevitable without Israel or whatever.

Second, as has been thoroughly discussed, IDF service has been massively neutered down over the decades to keep people complacent. Sure, you might not get the treatment you feel you deserve but it's just a fairly undemanding detour on the road to your future career, who cares?

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Dec 4, 2023

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

It's a way of coping with trauma after a sudden shock. This also happened in Ukraine with people making Molotov cocktails even though those wouldn't have had much use against Russian tanks and APCs. Also Americans giving blood after 9/11 which wasn't needed because people got pancaked in the WTC but it was a way for people to feel like they were "doing something" which is a form of processing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There was a big pro-Israel protest outside my office in Ottawa today. Apparently a bus company that was shipping up protesters from Toronto canceled 17 busses and the protesters are crying foul and antisemitism.

We just had our first snowstorm of the season yesterday and today and the roads are hosed. Guess the weather is antisemitic now.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Because it's a discipline issue.

Reading some of the stuff about the early Red Army getting its poo poo together was impressive. After enough officers went bolshevik (and enough commissars got enough military learning), the whites and expeditionary forces were like "how in the gently caress they are turning these ragged-as-gently caress illiterate peasants into competent soldiers this fast?"

Turns out that the reds won the case for popular mobilization after the first "experimental" phase. Early draft had resistance, but as it progressed, people came back to the Red Army and more were in agreement. Proposing a cause isn't an immediate effect; once it gets there, though, people become willing to go above and beyond their best. Especially if that revolutionary cause is based on a collective principle for one-and-all.

Fascism thinks that it has such a cause, but it is a complete perversion of that. Fascists understand discipline as an aesthetic; they think of their fantasies of the Spartans, without actually looking to things like "actually aristocrat soldiers are poo poo for reasons like drilling only when they felt like it". Hilariously, actual fascist discipline is very much like how they espouse themselves with fitness. They hold themselves to a certain standard of "elite", but should they be required to put the actual hard work of military discipline -- like digging -- they think that this poo poo is beneath them.

What invariably happens is that you have this supposedly "elite" mfer that strolls around with a physique that certainly could deceive the unaware, but that eats poo poo completely when going against the guys who went for actual discipline.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Israel and old South Africa (to a lesser extent Rhodesia I guess) really make for an interesting study in contrasts. Obviously the mythology of Israel is far more core to the modern Western self-identity, but from a Realpolitik perspective, what was it that ultimately led the US to abandon SA? Was southern Africa considered that unimportant in terms of global positioning that a PR boost was more valuable?

From the point of view of political, cultural and economic elites, Israel is "us" in a way that South African elites never where. And on the reverse side, there was enough of a history of civil rights for racial minorities in the US that doesn't exist in regards to Islamophobia and anti-Arab sentiment.

Israeli elites were educated in the US or by Israeli professors educated in the US to an extent that was never true in South Africa. There are as many Israeli universities approved for title iv funding as there are Mexican ones (i.e., places where you can use your federal financial aid on) Israeli military is integrated into the American military industrial complex in a way that South Africa never was. F-16 is the most common jet fighter in the world and about 10% of all units are in the Israeli airforce. Israeli economy is integrated in a way that South African economy never was: every major tech giant has some investment in an Israeli start up. Odds are your major corporation has been using Israeli companies for security,etc.

It's why I think the "oh, its AIPAC" explanations a bit simplistic. Yes, of course money in politics plays a big role. But for the vast majority of educational, economic and cultural elites, they've seen Israel as "us" in a way that they never saw even literal parts of the US like Puerto Rico or Guam.

And then there is the other side. Civil rights leaders in the US like Jesse Jackson could portray Mandela as one of their own, and the struggle against apartheid as common as civil rights in the US. But 70 years of Islamophobia in the US means that no one is willing to take that step. There will be no organization in the US willing to take a chance and bring some PLO leader to speak, much less Hamas.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It was a 2016 Ukrainian ration lol

Yeah I thought he'd gotten got by one of those too but couldn't verify it when I went looking

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Fascism thinks that it has such a cause, but it is a complete perversion of that. Fascists understand discipline as an aesthetic; they think of their fantasies of the Spartans, without actually looking to things like "actually aristocrat soldiers are poo poo for reasons like drilling only when they felt like it". Hilariously, actual fascist discipline is very much like how they espouse themselves with fitness. They hold themselves to a certain standard of "elite", but should they be required to put the actual hard work of military discipline -- like digging -- they think that this poo poo is beneath them.

See also: IDF big beard oakley operators getting completely poo poo-housed by guys in track suits in a stand-up fight

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

here's another IDF ration video. no wonder they have to scavenge rotten food to eat. it's better than the alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCFOu04at0Q

:confused: The can don't even have pull tops. No wonder they're getting murked so much. Also, "self-burning tuna" :wtc:

edit: I guess some of the cans have pull tops but most don't.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fighting and winning wars is just a disgusting, ugly, dirty, unglamorous business of material and morale and the West (the US especially) threw all of its institutional reverence for those things in the bin and got in bed with the fascist war-making aesthetic first chance so now obviously its suck rear end at it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Sancho Banana posted:

First, the Israeli population is completely sold on the idea that we have nowhere else to go, that we're some little enclave of civilization surrounded on all sides by people who can't wait for the first chance to attack us, and in a greater sense, that the entire world is against us. It's a symptom of leftover paranoia from the 20th century wars mixed in with the general zionist brain rot that says Jews just have inherently hateable characteristics and therefore anti-semitism is just a universal, unavoidable fact of life that we will never ever be able to escape no matter what. Even western countries that diplomatically and materially support Israel aren't exempt from this paranoia. America is our big daddy that is essentially responsible for our existence but not only do Israelis love making GBS threads on Americans, a lot of Israelis, especially younger ones, have this stereotype that all Americans are foolish pro Palestine woke moralists or whatever the gently caress. When Israelis complain about anti Israel protests abroad, they very often specifically single out Americans like they're spearheading it, often coupled with clapbacks about how Americans should give their homes to a native if they care about colonialism so much and poo poo like that. Older Israeli zionazi psychos have a different yet similar stereotype of Americans as crybaby humanitarians who are holding us back from doing what is "necessary". I refer you back to that article posted much earlier in this thread where an Israeli writer claims that the IDF mustn't shy away from letting starvation and disease spread in Gaza and not fall for American humanitarian whining. That kind of thinking isn't an isolated phenomenon. Israel's dependence on America is like this sort of secret shame that hangs over all of us because nobody likes those guys.

To quote someone I once talked and expressed reservations about the IDF's effectiveness to a long time ago: "You can't NOT trust them. You don't have that choice. Who else are you gonna trust?"
Israelis thoroughly believe that we can't afford to be unpatriotic like that. They may criticize and bitch about how lovely the military is in certain aspects, like how it has bad food or how they hate shaving, but Israelis are scared of just completely rebelling against the system and giving the military the middle finger. It's gonna take much more than supply shortages for this to happen. Lots of young people dodge the draft but it's not out of any ideological disagreement with the military or how it does things, they just don't give a gently caress about serving.

You can see this reflected in how Israelis are currently talking about how Diaspora Jews are gonna start moving to Israel en masse soon because they feel unsafe. Yeah, because it's so much safer here, dude. But right, I forgot that a second holocaust is pretty much inevitable without Israel or whatever.

Second, as has been thoroughly discussed, IDF service has been massively neutered down over the decades to keep people complacent. Sure, you might not get the treatment you feel you deserve but it's just a fairly undemanding detour on the road to your future career, who cares?

it would be interesting to try and trace the degeneration of the IDF (and the ukrainian army pre-ideological hardening, and...) along with the advent of the neoliberal attitude. something like the fukuyama/frosted flake thesis would be extremely interesting to push in the appropriate venue, because it delivers a very wounding structural critique in the very heart of the imperial project - effectively, fukuyama is wrong in hoping for war to function as a disciplining/heroic event, because even war becomes suborned to the broader liberalising project and the state ceases to be able to perform it in a conscious, directed way.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

we return, as ever, to the problem of motivating people to kill and die for a doctrine which holds that the highest good is individual enjoyment and the highest evil is individual suffering. only the insane and utterly depraved flourish in such an environment

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Frosted Flake posted:

This has come up in the WW3 thread and the Ukraine thread, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't take a soldier's phone away these days. We sent a girl home from tour for taking selfies in the CP, I think you'd have to let her skate now. The corny summer camp atmosphere and doing stuff to post on social media, that's where we're at.

The IDF specifically, might as well produce slideshows of all of their group photos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_NxOF7RB4

This is wild to me, because aside from the super obvious security issues, letting your soldiers post video of themselves with looted jewellery or bikes of the civs you've just massacred is an insane optics and disciplline thing to allow, even ignoring the obvious lack of humanity it shows, they should at least care about how loving unprofessional it looks.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It's a way of coping with trauma after a sudden shock. This also happened in Ukraine with people making Molotov cocktails even though those wouldn't have had much use against Russian tanks and APCs. Also Americans giving blood after 9/11 which wasn't needed because people got pancaked in the WTC but it was a way for people to feel like they were "doing something" which is a form of processing.

On topic, Yasser Arafat literally donated blood for wtc victims

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-sep-13-mn-45293-story.html

I remember hearing this story (at the time) from somebody loudly complaining that they would rather die than have his blood. :pray:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

joepinetree posted:

It's why I think the "oh, its AIPAC" explanations a bit simplistic. Yes, of course money in politics plays a big role. But for the vast majority of educational, economic and cultural elites, they've seen Israel as "us" in a way that they never saw even literal parts of the US like Puerto Rico or Guam.
AIPAC mainly focuses on politicians I think, and they're pretty well organized and have a lot of money, but they also rest on the illusion of strength as they don't want to be perceived as losing fights. They're very wary of taking on strong incumbents. Them going all-out to unseat someone is pretty rare but they have tried it on a few occasions. What they'll do, when there's an open seat, is show up and offer several hundred thousand dollars (from their proxies more than giving directly, they're not actually a PAC, AIPAC stands for American Israel Public Affairs Committee) if the politician gives them a position paper on Israel and Iran and stuff like that, and if they approve of it. They also have a lot of people who will try to get to know politicians and volunteer for them on issues they care about and oh hey Israel...

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Israeli liberal zoomers are stuck in this weird area where they feel no sense of personal responsibility to the military and will often slander it but are still in full support of basically everything the IDF does in wartime. They only really care about the IDF sucking in the sense that it affects them personally because they have to serve, they don't really care about the draft in a greater societal sense nor do they care about atrocities perpetuated by the IDF on the Palestinians.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Dec 4, 2023

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sancho Banana posted:

Israeli liberal zoomers are stuck in this weird area where they feel no sense of personal responsibility to the military and will often slander it but are still in full support of basically everything the IDF does in wartime. They only really care about the IDF sucking in the sense that it affects them personally because they have to serve, they don't really care about the draft in a greater societal sense nor do they care about atrocities perpetuated by the IDF on the Palestinians.

I think that's common to a lot of countries, people don't really wanna critique their nation in wartime.
The Israeli wheeze is to just act like you're eternally at war but do it against a controlled population who can't fight back oh whoops

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I've watched enough tv to know that if there's no body there's no death.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Al-Saqr posted:

oh so america is the fourth reich and satan combined got it cool cool cool

=====

‎⁧‫US State Department: We have not seen any evidence that Israel intentionally kills civilians
‎⁧‫#حرب_غزة‬⁩

US State Department: We still expect civilian casualties as a result of the military operation in Gaza, and this is unfortunately true in all wars

‎⁧‫#عاجل‬⁩ | US State Department: We have no information indicating that the Israeli government is targeting journalists in this conflict
‎⁧‫#حرب_غزة‬⁩

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1731737239443435932?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

"We haven't seen any evidence that Israel is targeting civilians....we also have no evidence they are targeting militants but we don't loving care because we're also a demon cracker nation that murders countless civilians globally with impunity."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This is wild to me, because aside from the super obvious security issues, letting your soldiers post video of themselves with looted jewellery or bikes of the civs you've just massacred is an insane optics and disciplline thing to allow, even ignoring the obvious lack of humanity it shows, they should at least care about how loving unprofessional it looks.

they don't give a gently caress, they literally film themselves making GBS threads in Palestinian houses like dogs.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Arc Hammer posted:

There was a big pro-Israel protest outside my office in Ottawa today. Apparently a bus company that was shipping up protesters from Toronto canceled 17 busses and the protesters are crying foul and antisemitism.

We just had our first snowstorm of the season yesterday and today and the roads are hosed. Guess the weather is antisemitic now.

Draping yourself in a white flag and walking around unplowed streets during the first snowstorm of the year (ie the one where there are the most accidents as everyone forgets how to drive in the winter) is an interesting move.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

:raise:

"There are very clear rules of food hygiene that everyone who owns a restaurant must know, and they are also well known in the army. The army is usually very strict about this, but the whole enterprise of food donations for soldiers breaks these rules. You don't know who prepares the food. This can be a class of students or organizations of people. You don't know how the food was handled, how it was cooked and how it was packaged. It is then sent to the south without refrigeration. There is a maximum amount of time that food can be allowed to stand, and there is no way to stand it with dishes that come from somewhere in Israel and arrive in Gaza itself."

This is the army, this looks like a loving BBQ, loving insane to ever believe these people are in total fear for their lives

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

dead gay comedy forums posted:

What invariably happens is that you have this supposedly "elite" mfer that strolls around with a physique that certainly could deceive the unaware, but that eats poo poo completely when going against the guys who went for actual discipline.

I'm sure you've heard the stories of how steroids destroyed military fitness, because special forces guys were cracking 250lbs and required like 10 000 calories a day, would gas out walking up a gentle hill - while Afghans were malnourished by our standards but hadn't turned themselves into "high performance" machines that needed a steady drip of glutamine or they would shut down. It turns out anavar, creatine and god knows what else can make you huge, but then you have to provide those huge muscles with calories, amino acids, potassium and water.

I was just reading parachute harnesses need to be designed because our gym rat operators now weigh as much in their shorts as they're supposed to in full battle rattle.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sancho Banana posted:

First, the Israeli population is completely sold on the idea that we have nowhere else to go, that we're some little enclave of civilization surrounded on all sides by people who can't wait for the first chance to attack us, and in a greater sense, that the entire world is against us.

Thanks. That really sucks, hopefully nobody's giving you too hard of a time. I can't imagine going against that current.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The Oldest Man posted:

Fighting and winning wars is just a disgusting, ugly, dirty, unglamorous business of material and morale and the West (the US especially) threw all of its institutional reverence for those things in the bin and got in bed with the fascist war-making aesthetic first chance so now obviously its suck rear end at it

I wonder, have the Israelis through cultural osmosis adopted the totenkopf as a sigil of reactionary martial iconography to anything like the US has? That would be doubly ironic. It smell crazy over here with skulls on cop cars and poo poo.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

yet another bit of propoganda from russia-ukraine (nafo types on that haha washing machine) that they are leaning into the pre-made bad guy niche on

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Dec 4, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

V. Illych L. posted:

we return, as ever, to the problem of motivating people to kill and die for a doctrine which holds that the highest good is individual enjoyment and the highest evil is individual suffering. only the insane and utterly depraved flourish in such an environment

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

they don't give a gently caress, they literally film themselves making GBS threads in Palestinian houses like dogs.

This stuff is why I wont have any sympathy for Israel when their whole house of cards comes crashing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

here's another IDF ration video. no wonder they have to scavenge rotten food to eat. it's better than the alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCFOu04at0Q

These guys look like they loving suck