Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I wonder how Bluesky will fair against X and Threads (or even Mastodon I guess) once it opens registration to everyone. It seems like it has more credibility?

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Definitely seems like people who want a twitter close that has decent moderation find bsky familiar enough that they persist with it. I think the challenge will be moderating it well enough that people don't get harassed off. At the moment it's a very unrepresentative group of people and requires way less moderation than the average social media site.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So who am I supposed to follow on this thing?

Just find cool people you used to follow on twitter and find them on bsky. then use the Discover or Goonsky feeds to find more cool people.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

Definitely seems like people who want a twitter close that has decent moderation find bsky familiar enough that they persist with it. I think the challenge will be moderating it well enough that people don't get harassed off. At the moment it's a very unrepresentative group of people and requires way less moderation than the average social media site.

Just lol if you think bluesky will ever be properly moderated. Every (commercial) social media relies on massive automated growth as their business plan, but you can't automate proper moderation. Hence proper moderation just isn't done. Maybe in small isolated instances by accident, but not systematically.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Helpimscared posted:

I wonder how Bluesky will fair against X and Threads (or even Mastodon I guess) once it opens registration to everyone. It seems like it has more credibility?

they still need to (a) add support for videos and (b) get an actual revenue stream going so hosting videos doesn't immediately bankrupt them

i think their only income currently is selling domains for vanity handles, but you can use a domain you bought anywhere else almost as easily

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

repiv posted:

they still need to (a) add support for videos and (b) get an actual revenue stream going so hosting videos doesn't immediately bankrupt them

I don’t even need videos.

A GIF, a GIF, my kingdom for a GIF!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

"gifs" are really just silent looping videos nowadays, the original gif format is way too inefficient for the kind of things people want to post

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
bsky-social-otejz-iiybr

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

bsky-social-nptww-fegt2

bsky-social-truvd-fdwbg

bsky-social-s6h33-il2xz

Some codes as long as you promise not to post my nudes.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

mannerup posted:

been using bluesky for over a month and only now got the original invite I applied for back in March

Same here. Someone take the code, I don't need it:
bsky-social-n2f7d-34yzg

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

jaete posted:

Just lol if you think bluesky will ever be properly moderated. Every (commercial) social media relies on massive automated growth as their business plan, but you can't automate proper moderation. Hence proper moderation just isn't done. Maybe in small isolated instances by accident, but not systematically.

The people who have jumped to Bluesky are mostly people who were okay with Twitter's moderation before Elon bought it. Like not happy with it but obviously not so unhappy as to leave the platform. So the bar they need to reach for moderation is already pretty low and I'd argue not very difficult to clear.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Its a blackfriday miracle!
bsky-social-gbtrq-2fl7z
bsky-social-wsqpu-3tzot
bsky-social-wgn3o-itu5b
bsky-social-azgi2-le546
bsky-social-bikm7-phcre

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Offered invites to my friends first but only one claimed a code, so I found this thread!

bsky-social-fnoev-xir3m
bsky-social-dvli6-ap5qi
bsky-social-rzner-g3jja
bsky-social-i3nyu-zdlnb
bsky-social-tpwlu-gytfr

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
college email just got an invite I asked for back in March now, looks like they are pumping them out

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
bsky-social-jdimw-yphwv
bsky-social-b44tz-5qss2
bsky-social-uszpt-aj2ii
bsky-social-5vgw2-po4op
bsky-social-ogolu-4fusj

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
no one has used the codes I posted earlier, I guess enough people have come over for now. at least till Musk Musks it all up again

beats
Oct 21, 2010

Twibbit posted:

no one has used the codes I posted earlier, I guess enough people have come over for now. at least till Musk Musks it all up again

Twibbit posted:

bsky-social-bikm7-phcre

Yoinked that one - thanks! Back to lurking I go

Mandactyl
Jun 1, 2011

A kinder, gentler herpes
Grimey Drawer

Aragosta posted:

bsky-social-ogolu-4fusj

This one is mine now, thank you

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Now it is the beginning of the next month. Where is my public interface, Bluesky?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I got my invitation from this thread and now I will share my bounty:

bsky-social-ww5nn-ngi6g
bsky-social-6g5md-wmz5g
bsky-social-5h5w7-avrjb
bsky-social-hyhlz-6o4nm
bsky-social-xutyo-u27w2

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bluesky (android app) is doing this annoying thing where it occasionally double posts. Anyone else having that issue?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no because i shitpost from my computer like a true pro

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

mannerup posted:

college email just got an invite I asked for back in March now, looks like they are pumping them out

I used this code, thanks.

Internet Predator
Dec 27, 2007

I've strangled necks of ages with the fabric of new words. The fires were amazing. Why would you put those out?
bsky-social-qvpvg-kutdn
bsky-social-rjaxv-3nob6
bsky-social-dtpcx-qhree
bsky-social-rr3cj-yq6r3
bsky-social-flute-lbajn

Some codes for anyone who wants them

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

bsky-social-2evte-gqkdc

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Got some codes

bsky-social-fjubp-fojvg
bsky-social-4utic-opu5a
bsky-social-z5h3d-i5ytu
bsky-social-yywns-bokvj
bsky-social-rgvrp-im6m4

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

codez

like my skeets

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

bsky-social-a2iow-tdgns
bsky-social-rrpi6-sdgu7
bsky-social-iterj-3ey2e
bsky-social-xh2sz-qtzuw

I like the app. It's kinda like my old twitter timeline, just slower. Hoping it picks up.

Follow me I skeet sometimes: https://bsky.app/profile/boltthrower.bsky.social

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
The missing letters spell POOPY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
bsky-social-bcwoo-*ywyg * = 6-1

bsky-social-iakww-z*uy4 *= 10-8

bsky-social-wurb*-2vlij *= 5+2

bsky-social-lyti*-cjgq* *= l m n _ p q

bsky-social-qtw5*-iaett * = l m n o _ q

I got my invitation from this thread and now I will share

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
bsky-social-mf*vm-*jw*v

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bsky-social-bs7m4-cm7m5
bsky-social-rrezq-rzm2i
bsky-social-ngvao-o6lwy

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

here’s a code if anyone still uses the internet for some reason

bsky-social-mjkik-er2mg

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Go nuts!!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Wasn't it supposed to be publicly viewable by now? Did that get delayed by the outcry over the lack of private accounts or something?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

El Jeffe posted:

Wasn't it supposed to be publicly viewable by now? Did that get delayed by the outcry over the lack of private accounts or something?

Today they rolled out the control that allows you to opt-out of being publicly viewable. They say that next week they'll enable logged out viewing.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
More codes:

bsky-social-otnrd-gkrwe
bsky-social-y7bjb-f5iyz
bsky-social-kzlxu-ud57k
bsky-social-ocm4c-w2g6s
bsky-social-tue2o-fwlae

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

kdrudy posted:

Today they rolled out the control that allows you to opt-out of being publicly viewable. They say that next week they'll enable logged out viewing.

Oh nice! Just needs embedding, video, and DMs now.

bsky-social-**ne5-fhfga (** = abbreviation for pounds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

SimplyCosmic posted:

More codes:

bsky-social-otnrd-gkrwe

I took this one - thanks!