Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I want to remind everyone that Too Human is free as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

at least you won't be paying with money...

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The GTA VI trailer got leaked early and Rockstar basically said "gently caress it, we'll just release it now officially"

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1731812720742134169?t=_au3k90krLdhH9UxCptasQ&s=19

Modern Vice City vibes. 2025 release. Tom Petty's "Love Is A Long Road" is a great song too.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1731815805070041131?t=ljPo-o5U2H6LHtpnSKHagw&s=19

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 5, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Looks kinda hype. Florida ftw.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Florida: the game

Going to see how much the game will let me subsist on python hunting and role play Craig Robinson's character from Killing It

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

2025 gently caress

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

kri kri posted:

2025 gently caress

poo poo, that's right around the corner

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Sick
Officially hyped

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vice City huh, was one of my favorite locations after San Andreas. Definitely hyped and the visuals look amazing.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

poo poo, that's right around the corner

Not when it gets delayed to 2026

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kri kri posted:

2025 gently caress

Will society still be standing by then? So far away, but only because i'm really hyped.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

GTA 6 trailer is outrageous

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

That’s a perfect song for it too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its funny Rockstar releases this trailer, and at the same time we get the Dragon Age 4 teaser and its a wet fart of an announcement that shows nothing and teases actual gameplay at some point in 2024. You can see which game developer still has it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Idk if any of you have been to central/southern Florida, but they capture the vibe here completely

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Idk if any of you have been to central/southern Florida, but they capture the vibe here completely

I try to never think about Florida, GTA6 is going to be the only good thing about the state.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Blue Raider posted:

I expect there to be a stretch of "19" where any and all pedestrians are just mowed down by vehicles and the cops don't care.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blue Raider posted:

It's definitely got the Miami vibe down

Especially those goddamn ATVs that idiots like to drive on the highways down there sometimes

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

kri kri posted:

Not when it gets delayed to 2026

hell, that's within three years. no big deal

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Nvm disregard

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Where is the gta6 thread

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

kri kri posted:

Where is the gta6 thread

You’re posting in it

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Looks great so far.

After how awesome the RDR2 environments were its good to see a glimpse of similar wetlands in the trailer.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1731835293097918689?t=RJaK33PiEblOi6p6NmR6Jg&s=19

consoles only, no mention of pc

thank u rockstar for sparing us millions of technical and driver related questions

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

You’re posting in it

Looking forward to RP alien

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
My one regret is that I won’t live long enough to see what Liberty City looks like in GTA VII.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I wonder what will come out first between GTA VI, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Beyond Good & Evil 2, or Metroid Prime 4.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
That's easy, the latter three are never coming out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

welcome posted:

That's easy, the latter three are never coming out.

SILKSONG EXISTS AND IS RELEASING

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

webmeister posted:

consoles only, no mention of pc

It's been a long time (no poo poo) but wasn't V the same?

360 & Triple at launch, then an unspecified amount of time later the PC version finally hit?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
GTA6 is going to make a hajillion dollars and will be praised as the best game ever made. Angels will weep as it is bestowed upon us on opening day.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

~Coxy posted:

It's been a long time (no poo poo) but wasn't V the same?

360 & Triple at launch, then an unspecified amount of time later the PC version finally hit?

It has been like this since GTA III; the standard is that the console and PC versions get separate releases.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'll buy it on Series X and then PC. I think I bought gta5 3 times.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

PS3, PS4, Xbox One X, Xbox series X, PC.

Goddamn that game is old.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Wiltsghost posted:

I bought GTA 5 4 times. Wait, no it was five times. Holy poo poo.

I actually own a physical copy for my PS3. It's actually incredible that it runs so well on such old hardware.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

GTAV killed my ps3’s disc drive.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

RandolphCarter posted:

GTAV killed my ps3’s disc drive.

I actually heard somewhere that that was a thing, so I used to play the digital download. My physical copy is unopened, sealed original mint condition.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I've never been able to get what's popular about GTA's. I've bought all of them, and they seem to be just open-city drive'em ups. I think I played San Andreas the most, because the characters and the story about them was interesting.

Is it the moment-to-momemt gameplay?

Granted, I don't care for driving games so maybe that's it.

It's a curious phenomenon, that game.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I don't think highly of them compared to RDR1 and 2. Sometimes 5 was way too cynical for my tastes.

I did have fun playing through them but the only stuff that sticks out to me from 5 are hilarious emergent gameplay moments. LIke making a long rear end run from Blaine County back to the city on foot searching for any kind of car, pushing out some woman when I finally see one and checking the rear view as I peel off to see a mountain lion to materialize and take her down as soon as she's on her feet.

Driving around with the radio never got boring to me, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Sandepande posted:

I've never been able to get what's popular about GTA's. I've bought all of them, and they seem to be just open-city drive'em ups. I think I played San Andreas the most, because the characters and the story about them was interesting.

Is it the moment-to-momemt gameplay?

Granted, I don't care for driving games so maybe that's it.

It's a curious phenomenon, that game.

The really hilarious part is that I’ve purchased copies of every Grand Theft Auto ever made and I don’t enjoy playing them for more than half an hour. I’m not sure why I bought them all, just to let all that game code sit on my hard drive. It is a mystery.