Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Doomykins posted:

It read like a flat list of buffs on paper. A ranged 110 can now 115 and M1 freely and he has laser guided knives for quick ultimates? How does he not just double damage everybody he sees, sounds like Huntress without wind up! But somehow he's weaker.

Considering the average player insisting he's stronger maybe he got buffed against potatoes that can't loop.

They hit him in area that already MADE him bad- making damage stick. They added two more required hits and shaved a third of the time before damage starts to fall off- doesn't matter how much better you are at getting more knives to land unless you're getting ENOUGH knives to land, and that is so much harder to do before falloff starts- just about any decent high obstacle or jungle gym anymore is enough to start the falloff now, it feels like. It's a good thing Trickster got the speed update because now he feels much more like an M1 killer with a power to take advantage of large open spaces.

He probably feels stronger if people aren't specifically playing against his knives but the new changes make his knives much easier to play around if you're actually trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He was absolutely busted on PTB, and then they just smacked with him the nerf stick after the fact with no further testing.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
They buffed his knife throwing speed and stability, nerfed a bunch to compensate, then nerfed the knife throwing speed without undoing any of the compensation so he ended up overall WAY weaker. It's genuinely sad because he used to be one of my favorite killers to play (backwater swamp and haddonfield do not interact) and now he feels so much insanely worse I think he's going to end up on my shortlist of "reroll their daily" killers along with Billy, Pig, Pyramid Head, Twins, Knight and Singu.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I...don't think I understand Chucky's dash. Had someone standing at the exit, charged them, managed to go all the way around them without hitting anything and swinging off to their side. I impressed myself with that one, how does that even happen

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Mr. Locke posted:

They hit him in area that already MADE him bad- making damage stick. They added two more required hits and shaved a third of the time before damage starts to fall off- doesn't matter how much better you are at getting more knives to land unless you're getting ENOUGH knives to land, and that is so much harder to do before falloff starts- just about any decent high obstacle or jungle gym anymore is enough to start the falloff now, it feels like. It's a good thing Trickster got the speed update because now he feels much more like an M1 killer with a power to take advantage of large open spaces.

He probably feels stronger if people aren't specifically playing against his knives but the new changes make his knives much easier to play around if you're actually trying.

If his knife damage didn't fall off so fast, I could see the current Trickster working as an M1 killer with a zoning tool? You plink away with knives as you try to get around a loop, and either that makes the survivor play sloppily enough that you can walk into them or it lasts long enough for you to pop your finale and hose them down. But it does fall off fast, so I just can't see a time you would actually use these knives as-is. They need to buff something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I...don't think I understand Chucky's dash. Had someone standing at the exit, charged them, managed to go all the way around them without hitting anything and swinging off to their side. I impressed myself with that one, how does that even happen
the turn radius is impacted by both in AND out of game mouse sensitivity, which I think is true of a lot of killer dashes like Oni and Billy. I honestly think Billy’s rework is going to make him no longer rely on curves or bake the mechanics into the kit itself so they can fix that but of engine weirdness without making Billy complete trash.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Whelp Behavior just closed my help ticket and told me it must have been game sharing and they aren't doing poo poo to restore all my missing characters.

I do not have anyone game sharing with me on my ps5.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
In the TCM patch notes they noted they added a system to increase the weighting of maps so they appear more often.

They didn't weight the new map any higher.

I like the game, but it is plagued by boneheaded decisions. Why advertise that you made a system to increase the weighting of maps but then not use it on the new map? I hope the game survives despite itself.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

BitBasher posted:

Whelp Behavior just closed my help ticket and told me it must have been game sharing and they aren't doing poo poo to restore all my missing characters.

I'd raise a stink on Social Media or Reddit, see if maybe you can't find someone on their support team's twitter handle and bend their ear and ask how such a thing is possible.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

BitBasher posted:

Did you show them the receipt from you buying it?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Every killer that disappeared I bought with shards. I asked them to provide me a list of everything I bought with shards, since as far as I can tell there is no record I can look up for that. They have not replied yet to that request.

I still have the killers for chapters I bought in the PS Store, and I still have the killers I bought with auric cells as far as I can tell. Every killer I bought with shards is gone, and that's pretty much how I have spent the vast majority of my shards since 2018 or so?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BitBasher posted:

Every killer that disappeared I bought with shards. I asked them to provide me a list of everything I bought with shards, since as far as I can tell there is no record I can look up for that. They have not replied yet to that request.

I still have the killers for chapters I bought in the PS Store, and I still have the killers I bought with auric cells as far as I can tell. Every killer I bought with shards is gone, and that's pretty much how I have spent the vast majority of my shards since 2018 or so?

Which killers? Only thing I can think of is maybe you're misremembering a bit, since any licensed killer can't be bought with shards.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Medullah posted:

Which killers? Only thing I can think of is maybe you're misremembering a bit, since any licensed killer can't be bought with shards.

None of them are licensed killers. I still have my licensed killers like Pyramid and Pinhead.

I'm missing Trickster, Blight, Clown, Vommy Mommy, Twins, Gunslinger, Legion, Artist and I think Gong Show.

I'm trying to remember offhand, as I'm at work now. There's probably 1 or 2 more. Most or all of them prestiged to 3 for the perks.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BitBasher posted:

None of them are licensed killers. I still have my licensed killers like Pyramid and Pinhead.

I'm missing Trickster, Blight, Clown, Vommy Mommy, Twins, Gunslinger, Legion, Artist and I think Gong Show.

I'm trying to remember offhand, as I'm at work now. There's probably 1 or 2 more. Most or all of them prestiged to 3 for the perks.

Something's weird with mine too. Not anywhere on that level but steam is saying I don't own the 80's pack and the charity pack when I absolutely did.

Saw a story on reddit where someone complained about dlc missing and were told it was family sharing (when they hadn't) and the ticket was closed. Really grimey.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BitBasher posted:

On Playstation? Did you try re-registering licenses?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Saw a story on reddit where someone complained about dlc missing and were told it was family sharing (when they hadn't) and the ticket was closed. Really grimey.
This exactly what they just did to me.

I can find a number of cases of people saying the same or similar things in reddit. Both in PS and Xbox. Based on previous cases I think I may be screwed.

Medullah posted:

On Playstation? Did you try re-registering licenses?

Yep, but the things I bought via PSN are all still there. So are the purchases from Auric Cells as far as I can tell. Only shard purchases vanished.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Why is The Nightmare not on their to-do list. I want to stop trying to dodge the increased loudness addons already.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

Why is The Nightmare not on their to-do list. I want to stop trying to dodge the increased loudness addons already.

I think he's got a high kill rate against new players so they consider him "fine".

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

BitBasher posted:

I give up. Who's Gong Show?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wraith?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I thought Oni for a minute because of his mace lol

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I was thinking Wraith, but isn't he one of the free basic killers?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

rydiafan posted:

I was thinking Wraith, but isn't he one of the free basic killers?

That's what tripped me up too, cause yeah Trapper/Hillbilly/Wraith is like the OG trio.

But then I wouldn't put it past BHVR finding a way.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

They changed it so wraith unlocks with the tutorial, like David. I'm not sure about the others but I remember some fuckiness with people who have played for a while having to do the tutorial when they made that change

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Sometimes you have to hurriedly pop open Google Translate on your phone to get a compliment across :v:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/18befxn/741_bugfix_patch/

New patch

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Well so much for the theory that Trickster sucking was the result of an oversight or bug :rip:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Pants Donkey posted:

Well so much for the theory that Trickster sucking was the result of an oversight or bug :rip:

bhvr_dev posted:

We're looking into the slow throwing speed, on both base and Main Event for Trickster. The Batteries Included perk changes will be reverted in a future Bugfix patch.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't know how, but they've broken Huntress. Her hatchets are thrown with a noticeable delay, and don't fly straight, and instead fly left. It broke Otz to the point where he just rage quit his stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1995998736?t=03h04m30s

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't know how, but they've broken Huntress. Her hatchets are thrown with a noticeable delay, and don't fly straight, and instead fly left. It broke Otz to the point where he just rage quit his stream.

BHVR have outdone themselves this time. Wow.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I’ve only been watching Otz live for a couple months, but I’m pretty sure that’s the angriest he’s gotten in recent memory and the first time I’ve ever seen him rage quit.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Whew, as someone who's been out of the game for a while successfully looping Chucky for a minute was a goddamn rush. Also, I will never not run Boil Over :colbert:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Whew, as someone who's been out of the game for a while successfully looping Chucky for a minute was a goddamn rush. Also, I will never not run Boil Over :colbert:

What's your secret? Without like flip flop or something I can never get boil over value alone.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kwolok posted:

What's your secret? Without like flip flop or something I can never get boil over value alone.

Oh no secret, I just love when luck makes the killer overlook a hook and you manage to get away. Not even sure the hook blindness even made a difference that time, but the wiggle bonus sure did. He was taking me to the basement and misjudged how much time he had. Ran out of that gate with only a few seconds of the end game timer left to spare.

E: so far in the patch thread on reddit only one person has asked if something changed with Huntress' hatchets. As nice as it is to see Otz rage, if its a problem you'd hope more people would say so

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 6, 2023

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

rydiafan posted:

I give up. Who's Gong Show?

Wraith. I was going off memory, I am not missing him after all. I am missing Oni.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve only been watching Otz live for a couple months, but I’m pretty sure that’s the angriest he’s gotten in recent memory and the first time I’ve ever seen him rage quit.

Yeah, I've never seen Otz this angry before, much less rage quit a stream.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Second random perks lay out:

Having to hook people within 60 seconds so naturally I get two people doing sabo perk poo poo, but it all worked out

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1732460041758822411?t=b0ofz5aaUgCqGZhRy8KATg&s=19

I'm actually really excited about this. I love Supermassive and the DbD lore an epic gently caress ton so this was practically made for me

Not a bad time to get sucked back in I guess, thanks Tiff.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Are we finally getting the Wendigo as a killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I really hope that this is a DBD supermassive game and not a Supermassive DBD chapter. Supermassive has some good characters but an up close CYOA using all the batshit lore of DBD would be awesome.