Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Smik posted:

That boggles my mind because if he just credited his sources and not made poo poo up, not only would he have been absolutely fine but he'd have helped the original source people too.

But then people might have watched the original sources instead of him, and given them money instead of giving it to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Do not post pictures/gifs of animals getting hurt.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/ClZ30mR.mp4

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh dang none of them will tip him now

They wouldn't tip him before either, it's not the USA

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Bartender prank: the ol' frothy top

https://i.imgur.com/XGDnbho.mp4

"Where's the flake? It's a loving ice-cream!" :roflolmao:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Do not post pictures/gifs of animals getting hurt.
The cat looks fine idk. Looks like he got too excited about trying to hunt a bird or something and derped out repeatedly

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This is really good. I'd totally recommend at least the first part* to first semester college students on what constitutes plagiarism and academic integrity.

To that Sommerton dude, my advice is to listen to Saul Goodman, "Lawyer up."

*the second part where he takes a hatchet to that dude is still worth it.

deoju has a new favorite as of 03:22 on Dec 5, 2023

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/cjr3W6G.mp4

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dude just fell outta Narnia

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Weird place for a camera, no? There's not even anything in there to steal, what is he worried about? People breaking in and sleeping in his bed?

e: I'm not suggesting the video's fake, I don't think it is, I just am really confused by the camera

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/pIzGf1U.mp4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Guessing since it's a roommate situation it's to make sure no one fucks with his stuff or steals it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

credburn posted:

Weird place for a camera, no? There's not even anything in there to steal, what is he worried about? People breaking in and sleeping in his bed?

e: I'm not suggesting the video's fake, I don't think it is, I just am really confused by the camera

The sort of psychopath that would put his bed and dresser in that formation would have a camera for just about anything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

credburn posted:

Probably just had one in every room

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

No they're measuring the beer in pounds so it's obviously the US

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm more concerned about that furniture set up.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
The good news is it will never be easier to install a fireman’s pole. Turn that giant hole in your ceiling problem into your giant hole in your ceiling solution!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This is art

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

You'd think the guy was an NFT

I knew he was evil when the first clip was of him wearing a black turtleneck like he was cosplaying a Bond villain:

I watched through most of the video on my 2nd monitor at work today and while I already knew modern AVGN was trash, taking down my boy Internet Historian hurts :(

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Hyperlynx posted:

Are you suggesting that the implied promise of a tip is an important motivator for bartenders to learn how to pull a proper pint?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

:golfclap:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Takes No Damage posted:

taking down my boy Internet Historian hurts :(

man you better give him back, they got shooters out there now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

credburn posted:

Given that there's barely anything in the room, I'm guessing they just moved in, and might have put the camera up because they were having professional movers bring stuff in when they weren't there, or they were in the process of moving out and had the camera for a while, or, given the bed is center frame, it's real purpose was for making sex tapes, not security.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BallerBallerDillz posted:

Are you suggesting that the implied promise of a tip is an important motivator for bartenders to learn how to pull a proper pint?

My understanding is tipping is fairly rare outside the US, but I don't actually know that about UK pubs. I absolutely do not want anyone to share their opinion on whether tipping is good or bad.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How're you going to drink a pint without tipping it? Straw?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

My understanding is tipping is fairly rare outside the US, but I don't actually know that about UK pubs. I absolutely do not want anyone to share their opinion on whether tipping is good or bad.

In the UK you generally pay ever round and when folk paid in cash you'd say keep the change if it was not too egregious. But now with contact less for everything It feels like tipping has gone way down. Like at a restaurant you'll get an option to add a tip but at a bar you just tap and go.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Air Skwirl posted:

It's not expected or common, sometimes someone will say "get one for yourself". The expansion of contactless payment and POS systems in pubs has also made it more awkward. "Keep the change" used to happen a fair bit, that interaction is lost.

efb

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BallerBallerDillz posted:

No. It's that tipping is yet another horrible American aberration, and in most countries businesses just pay people what they're goddamn owed find other, different ways to steal from workers.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The Lone Badger posted:

How're you going to drink a pint without tipping it? Straw?

Pour mercury into the glass. It will sink to the bottom, lifting the beer so you can sip it from the top like a gentleman.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Bartender prank: the ol' frothy top

https://i.imgur.com/XGDnbho.mp4

What's wrong with the first two glasses? Those are pretty much perfectly drafted with the ideal amount of head. Meanwhile in the last clip the foam on the first beer is a bit too much, but the one that they accept is a disgustingly flat glass of piss water that's only fit to be thrown back at the bartender.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Dec 5, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

What's wrong with the first two glasses? Those are pretty much perfectly drafted with the ideal amount of head. Meanwhile in the last clip the foam on the first beer is a bit too much, but the one that they accept is a disgustingly flat glass of piss water that's only fit to be thrown back at the bartender.

I am so loving glad I've never had you as a bartender.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Air Skwirl posted:

I am so loving glad I've never had you as a bartender.

This is what a proper beer looks like, anything short of this is trash. English beer "culture" is cursed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

This is what a proper beer looks like, anything short of this is trash. English beer "culture" is cursed.

I will fight you. Not even for your terrible beer opinions but for implying I'm English at this point.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The 'idesl' amount of head is dependent in the type of beer. But all those examples are too much. Generally it's about two fingers.

steinrokkan posted:

Did you just have a terrible pub as your local and never knew any better?
I'll agree the second one in the last clip had too little though.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Dec 5, 2023

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Those pints are loving trash and probably* illegal, gotta be 95% liquid and even then the customer can ask for a top up

I say probably as a lot of branded glasses have a pint line way below the top of the glass so the liquid could very well go up to that line (not on that last one obvs)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

steinrokkan posted:

Those were all extremely Scottish people in the video. Also different styles of beer should be served differently.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I'd enjoy popping that foam balloon with my finger, which makes up for the huge head.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

lobsterminator posted:

I'd enjoy popping that foam balloon with my finger, which makes up for the huge head.

Turn on your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Butterfly Valley posted:

Those were all extremely Scottish people in the video. Also different styles of beer should be served differently.

Ok, ok, there are in fact three acceptable pours for the various beer that's worth drinking