Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
They always delay the PC release to relieve the rest of us from having to read endless troubleshooting from everyone trying to figure out the mythical combination of drivers and settings that make the game not crash every two minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

If Sony's smart they will slip Rockstar a bunch of cash (though they dont need it) to keep it console exclusive for a year because I will 100% cave in a buy a Playstation as I have done for every single GTA release.

I've bought the current piece of poo poo 4 times. 360, PS4, PC, XSX.

With the price of computer parts, i might never upgrade my PC again and the 5700xt will probably meet the minimum specs, but i doubt it will be enough of an improvement over XSX to do it again.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I feel like the character models are a little Poser-model-uncanny-valley-doll-looking against those postcard photo backdrops.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1731835293097918689?t=RJaK33PiEblOi6p6NmR6Jg&s=19

:unsmigghh:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Come 2025 we are going to have CPUs that have better integrated graphics than consoles, and NVIDIA 50xx whatever-the-fucks.

It would be a drat shame if the PC release is hampered by the console requirement.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Otacon posted:

(Click to Enlarge)

A mere FOUR DAYS after the GTA6 trailer release, next weekend we will venture back to the faraway times of the mid-2010's for another foray into: GOON THEFT AUTO: LOS SANTOS: ONLINE: JINGLEBELLS HOLIDAY ADVENTURE TIME EDITION: FOX FORCE FIVE!

This will unfortunately be the FINAL GOON NIGHT (of 2023).

If you are reading this, you are cordially invited to join us in crashing some cars, drinking some eggnog, and thefting some autos.

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9th
Starting @ 9:00PM Eastern / 6:00PM Pacific
And going All. Night. Long.

Stop on by our Discord, join the voice channel with all the goons in it, and come sing carols with us while we play the best GTA Online PC custom jobs known to humanity.

I hope to see you there!

LONG LIVE GRAND THEFT AUTO

Oh btw if any of you trailer posters reinstall all 300gb of GTAV on your gaming PCs, you can come play GTAO with goons this weekend!

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Medullah posted:

I guess since it's not coming out til 2025 I could probably just finish the story of GTA5. Pretty much where I left off 9 years ago.

I tried to go back to the story mode the other night and immediately ran into a bug where Franklin couldn't zoom the sniper scope while covering Michael on the container ship. I had to painstakingly hipfire all the mercenaries, dying repeatedly. It's like they don't want me to finish the story.

happyhippy posted:

I love GTA.
And this trailer has me hyped.
But so did this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

I'm predicting a massive install size and maybe some performance issues and glitches on release day but nothing like the showstoppers we saw in CP 2077.

Unlucky7 posted:

Cool trailer! Maybe this is the game where Rockstar figures out analog movement!

I like the analog movement in RDR 2. If they add more polish and finesse to it for this game that's fine with me. The movement in GTA feels way oversensitive and jerky after you've been playing RDR 2 for a while.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Florida Man: The Game

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
I wonder if this takes place in “Florida” or they’re gonna invent a state

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hope for the console version we will have a 60fps mode. If we can have that then I won't care about the PC release.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

FalconImpala posted:

I wonder if this takes place in “Florida” or they’re gonna invent a state

In the GTA universe, Florida is called "Leonida".

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I am absolutely going to car jack a donk and go on a spree. GOTY imo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

George H.W. oval office posted:

I am absolutely going to car jack a donk and go on a spree. GOTY imo

I’m gunna steal a gator and drop it into that rooftop pool from a helicopter

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

webmeister posted:

I’m gunna steal a gator and drop it into that rooftop pool from a helicopter

I am so hoping there is alligator racing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dick Jones posted:

In the GTA universe, Florida is called "Leonida".

I'm having trouble finding a source for that older than the recent GTAVI press, I think that's what they decided to call it just now. AFAIK the GTA Vice City version took place in actual Florida.

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
Ohh yup

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

weirdly in the original VC they would reference the actual Miami as a separate, less-exciting city nearby

one of those weird quirks of the older games that may get an obscure reference on an in-game website or something, like the war with Australia

Trilly Joel
Apr 27, 2023

`

Inner Light posted:

I really dislike the in game internet and social media mini games, I kinda play games to get away from some of that stuff, otherwise game looks good.

Unfortunately it was like 50+ % of the trailer, so I’m guessing it’s not a small part of the game, even if they used it as a storytelling device here. A kind of annoying way IMO.

None of that stuff was ever compulsory in GTA4 or GTA5 anyways, I doubt it will be now.

GTA has always been about being a dark mirror of the real world so it only makes sense that social media in 2023 (or 2025) is a huge part of the cultural vibe, though.

happyhippy posted:

I love GTA.

Cyberpunk is great, was always great.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
In the original GTA you went to San Andreas, but it was a city roughly analogous to San Francisco. I think they only changed it because they felt the third GTA3 game needed to be San Andreas but they really wanted to do LA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

happyhippy posted:

I love GTA.

I think the reason why this will be different is that Rockstar is not deviating from what they know. Cyberpunk was completely new territory for CDPR.

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Trailer details

Opening shot is of the prison

Dolphins

The Vice Dale county seal features an alligator grabbing what looks like a child while its mother looks away, and a snake descending from a tree

Homeless guy with an iguana

Redneck with duct taped door handles

Tom Petty memorial stickers

Car mirrors actually work

Ray tracing:

Leonida could be in reference to Juan Ponce de Leon, who is credited as discovering Florida

Lucia has an ankle monitor on

Woman with two hammers is a reference to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnxthPMcCM

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

mikemil828 posted:

More 80s radio stations :colbert:

I wonder if Maurice Chavez is still trapped on VCPR

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

i am so loving hyped

e: good breakdown from tgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsbZpD3CrBc

just looked at the other rockstar trailers, gta6 is at 35 mil views already, the gta 5 trailer has 95 mil views, wtf

kri kri fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 5, 2023

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I am probably in the minority here (but certainly not overall) in that I love the nihilistic bullshit of GTA games. I don’t come to these games for prestige-AAA rumination on the human condition, I come to them as a humor-based compendium of a snapshot of time in US culture that also lets me kill a bunch of people. I think most people fall in that camp.

It does seem to me that the notion of a kinder, gentler Rockstar was overhyped, and thank gently caress for that. At most it feels like we won’t get “lol lady has a dick” jokes. But I’m sure we’ll pew pew an orange man stand in at some point, and that will be great. I’m sure we’ll also run a mission for some social media camgirl portrayed as a complete and total dipshit, and that will also be great. GTA is at its best when it takes the piss out of everyone.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I do think it is funny that there will be people who look at that trailer and think it’s gone “woke,” as if San Andreas wasn’t a story about dudes from the hood taking out corrupt police and GTA IV wasn’t basically an immigrant tale.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Oh yeah I love all the satire of our society, the fake brands and radio shows and the dumb names Rockstar gives everything

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
SMELL like a BITCH. drat, that billboard got me good

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

While cool, this is I am guessing a heavily canned event with everything 100% scripted and the mocap carefully done, maybe a side mission cutscene of some kind. It does look good in-engine. I wonder what the social media is gonna be like even tho I wish they spent that time on gungame and physics.

Sucks that it's so far away, it's ace for marketing but it's gonna be a long couple years. I'm going to be older.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
next-gen twerk physics

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

FalconImpala posted:

Trailer details

Dolphins

There’s two sharks in this shot as well

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Inner Light posted:

While cool, this is I am guessing a heavily canned event with everything 100% scripted and the mocap carefully done, maybe a side mission cutscene of some kind. It does look good in-engine. I wonder what the social media is gonna be like even tho I wish they spent that time on gungame and physics.

Sucks that it's so far away, it's ace for marketing but it's gonna be a long couple years. I'm going to be older.

It’ll be just as fun as the rockstar social club was last time. Bring two forms of ID and a blood sample.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Whatever it is, it will be 3-5 years behind whatever social media is like when the game comes out. With how long this game is taking to come, out, it will probably feel just as dated as GTAV does.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The in-game social network is going to be Teenagers Commit Crimes on TikTok: the Simulator, and I’m all here for it.

Would be extremely funny if your Bonnie and Clyde robbery spree isn’t for cash but for TikTok clout

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wild speculation: is the presence of a duo as main protagonists hinting at co-op play in the main story?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

KoRMaK posted:

wild speculation: is the presence of a duo as main protagonists hinting at co-op play in the main story?
Sure, just as much as a trio hinted at co-op in 5.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Cojawfee posted:

Whatever it is, it will be 3-5 years behind whatever social media is like when the game comes out. With how long this game is taking to come, out, it will probably feel just as dated as GTAV does.

lol dweeb

"wow guys the 80 hour beat up hooker and steal cars game doesn't have the tiktok voice reader"

just straight up say you want to look edgy and will hate on the game no matter what next time or something

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

This is gonna sound weird but I wish the male PC (Jason?) said more than one word in the trailer so I could get a sense of just how Florida trash his accent is or isn't so I could prepare myself for what may be the least likable R* protagonist of all time

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really into outlaw couple storylines so this looks cool to me.

Since they focused on the whole 'trust' bit at the end, I'm guessing the story will be pushing that to the limit and maybe one of them betrays the other at some point. Could be that they break up mid-game, justifying two solo adventures, then get back together later. Whatever they do I think it's an interesting premise for a new GTA game. I never even finished 4 or 5 but I'll be playing this. I thought RDR2 was great and I hope they bring that quality of writing and acting to this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PC 2026. They want people to buy the console versions then re-buy the PC versions a year later to double dip, as is tradition.