Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Same, I wasn't familiar with that record either. Turns out there was also a singles collection from 1997 with a totenkopf on it. Apparently, they sucked the whole time

Waaait THESE guys are Nazis? No way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PurpleXVI posted:

That's also assuming that this person is actually being honest and not just posting an edited screenshot to push a dumbass agenda. Like, what kind of "kid at a high school" posts about "Writing about education & how to help your kid thrive. I tell you what your teen is thinking so you don't have to guess." This is just so insanely fake that I can't comprehend anyone interacting with it in good faith.

This is what I'm suspecting too because it seems like an account that exists to hock some sketchy 'AI based" education apps. Because it sorta reminds me of those FIRE (financially independent retire early) articles that have some 28 year old that just retired and more often than not they had external help, also the articles only exist to push financial planning services to readers. So likely anecdotes to impress boomers on Twitter into investing in some app and voting down parcel taxes for schools.

They did get dragged pretty hard by the skull caliper type Twitter posters for this take though
https://twitter.com/AustinScholar/status/1730565139089301611?t=XIhHIaD-OVdgRK8Rx9rpLw&s=19

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

wtf is this poo poo

literally wtf

quote:

“In the event that the gender was changed from a male to a female the player has no right to participate in official FIDE events for women until further FIDE’s decision is made,” it said.

Holders of women’s titles who change their genders to male would see those titles “abolished,” the federation said, while holding out the possibility of a reinstatement “if the person changes the gender back to a woman.”

“If a player has changed the gender from a man into a woman, all the previous titles remain eligible,” the federation said.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

"Women are dum dums when it comes to chess and 'biological men' would have an unfair natural advantage against them" certainly is... a take, I guess

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Come on you KNOW there are loads of chess guys who already thought that

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm excited for same sex mirage.

It always seems like it's just on the horizon.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

They managed to be simultaneously transphobic and misogynistic with the one same rule

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

...! posted:

They managed to be simultaneously transphobic and misogynistic with the one same rule

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

A woman can’t simply enjoy your company, be affectionate, and feel comfortable around you. It is their insidious genetics driving them to mark you. Women are like ghosts and dogs in that they just sort of do things arbitrarily

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's just as dumb as the skull caliper types to think there's an objective measurement of intelligence at all. Different children do learn things at different paces and there are absolutely children that are prodigies in specific subjects, even without proper instruction.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
women: experts at 4D chess, novices at 3D chess

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OwlFancier posted:

When you transition you get to reallocate your skill points and also it unlocks the abilities from deus ex human revolution as options.
Can you swap perks? I didn't realise Gifted was scrub pick*

*I had some difficulty thinking of an alternative to the contextually unfortunate phrase "trap option"

Splicer has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Dec 5, 2023

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It seems weird that chess would be gender segregated in the first place, but then you realize it would probably make it a lot harder to concentrate if they were all seeing their competitors of the opposite gender naked in the locker room before matches.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

...! posted:

"Women are dum dums when it comes to chess and 'biological men' would have an unfair natural advantage against them" certainly is... a take, I guess
If you transition from AFAB to male you lose all your female league titles because your superior male brain (cunningly hidden in a female body from birth) had been giving you an unfair advantage.

So misogynistic that they accidentally wrapped around to trans men are men.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

With a little editing this could be a scene in almost any 90s sitcom.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

IIRC there was an experiment run a while ago. They took a bunch of skilled female chess players and had them play against a bunch of hidden opponents, telling them only if the opponent was male or female beforehand. When playing against female opponents, their win rates were about 50/50, but when playing against male opponents, they lost more often than they won.

Except, the scientists lied. They were always playing against other women. The purpose of the experiment was to demonstrate the power of internalised stereotypes.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Splicer posted:

If you transition from AFAB to male you lose all your female league titles because your superior male brain (cunningly hidden in a female body from birth) had been giving you an unfair advantage.

So misogynistic that they accidentally wrapped around to trans men are men.

Testosterone makes the pieces easier to lift thus giving you more precious microseconds to plan your next move :p

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Come on you KNOW there are loads of chess guys who already thought that

It was a long rear end time ago, and he's since said he was wrong, but there was a point where Garry Kasparov literally refused to play against women because they were "weak". Eventually he did play against Judit Polgar though! And he cheated. Just straight up cheated. Everyone knew he cheated, he's admitted he cheated. But because she didn't call him out on it immediately and in the middle of the match, everyone just shrugged their shoulders and told her not to cry about it afterwards.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

That seems to be pretty much OP's logic, yes. "Punk means counterculture. Our culture is 100% woke now. Therefore being anti-woke is punk."

https://twitter.com/Sutler_Token/status/1731301536272207956

Yep. "Punk is contrarianism, nothing more. There is no nuance, message, or even coherent values. It's just dissent for its own sake." is a staggeringly popular take. Among conservatives, shockingly.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vib Rib posted:

Yep. "Punk is contrarianism, nothing more. There is no nuance, message, or even coherent values. It's just dissent for its own sake." is a staggeringly popular take. Among conservatives, shockingly.
all about that lgbt stuff, about that lgbt stuff, about that lgbt stuff
no christ

nope, doesn't fit the meter at all

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

OwlFancier posted:

When you transition you get to reallocate your skill points and also it unlocks the abilities from deus ex human revolution as options.
That's how you get the LGBTyphoon.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OwlFancier posted:

I would sacrifice a lot for that icarus landing system. The ability to drop safely to the ground from any height? I don't think that would ever get old.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tiggum posted:

I would sacrifice a lot for that icarus landing system. The ability to drop safely to the ground from any height? I don't think that would ever get old.

I prefer the Saints Row version where you just get immunity to falling damage

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I prefer the Robocop: Rogue City version where you just get immunity to falling damage

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiggum posted:

The health upgrades would be tempting, but the most overpowered has to be the radar. That’s not because it can tell you where people are, but because it can peer into their souls and identify friend and foe.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

No one tell Green Day that they're not punk anymore

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I mean it's loving stupid on its face that these people apparently think punk is bare contrarianism and doesn't have any ideas about things that are positive and desirable, good and bad doesn't matter it's just telling mommy no.
But even if they were right, all the things they love are still popular. Atheism is not the dominant choice in America. Most people are not LGBT. Traditional marriage is still, by far, the norm. So it's not just fundamentally misunderstanding a scene they've never once interacted with, it's also all their bubbling persecution complex painting themselves as the put upon minority who therefore would by default by championed by these "punks" they've heard so much about.

Maybe not the abortion part.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

Atheism is not the dominant choice in America. Most people are not LGBT. Traditional marriage is still, by far, the norm.

working hard thank you! we'll be there by 2030

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
In a week where Pepsi Phil cuts the most corporate sell-out promo of his life, these people really wanna challenge him for the title of “least punk thing to call itself punk”, don’t they.

Anyway, Elon continues to be a massive dork.

https://twitter.com/canteverdie/status/1731898525246459907?s=46

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Refusing to shoot virtual cops is the height of virtue signalling.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Playing GTA and immediately trying to find the "turn myself in" button after committing my first crime

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

...! posted:

No one tell Green Day that they're not punk anymore

I think deep down, they already know.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
antman brings up a good point, cyberpunk is a bad game that doesn't understand its subject matter

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

...! posted:

No one tell Discharge that they're not punk anymore

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

In a week where Pepsi Phil cuts the most corporate sell-out promo of his life, these people really wanna challenge him for the title of “least punk thing to call itself punk”, don’t they.

Anyway, Elon continues to be a massive dork.

https://twitter.com/canteverdie/status/1731898525246459907?s=46

"didn't like doing crime"

I say this with no respect to Muskrat or IMC, and I know they're being disingenuous, but come the gently caress on the game is named after a crime! drat I sure hope there aren't any trucks in Euro Truck Simulator, I'll be so mad if there are oh boy!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wait till Elon and Ian hear what you have to do in the tutorial level of cod ww2

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Serperoth posted:

"didn't like doing crime"

I say this with no respect to Muskrat or IMC, and I know they're being disingenuous, but come the gently caress on the game is named after a crime! drat I sure hope there aren't any trucks in Euro Truck Simulator, I'll be so mad if there are oh boy!
Community note: Elon Musk actually loves committing crime, as has been proved for decades.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

He doesn't like cool crimes, like destroying cars and helping cops improve themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Coolness Averted posted:

antman brings up a good point, cyberpunk is a bad game that doesn't understand its subject matter

Yeah I played it thru mostly for the ability to be trans in game but the story was loving stupid and I wish there was a button to make discount Johnny five aces get the gently caress outta my mind tier GTA knockoff