Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Big Mean Jerk posted:

In addition to all looking the same irl, the often delicate and intricate bodywork just straight up does not translate to Lego at that scale.

Some definitely do and are cool to build but just like who gives a poo poo about 21st century hypercars, the few that I’ve gotten because they’re good builds just immediately get unbuilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The Croissanler is here, and real, and my friend.

Thank you

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Pattinson Batman just posted on Netflix yesterday so I thought I'd watch it again. (7.5/10) I pulled out* my Batmobile. I popped off a piece on the hood by accident. "Orange and yellow. Weird color choices," I thought.

Turns out it was on purpose.

Nice attention to detail.

*Played with.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 3, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I finally built my Countach. Once again the windshield piece is just thrown in the pack with all the other pieces so it's scratched. I really like how the back of the car is built. The pieces slanting against the cones to make the tail lights is really cool. I don't like how they kind of made the doors able to open and close (albeit the wrong way for a three comma man such as myself) and then you immediately put a long tile to seal them shut.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

deoju posted:

I don't think I ever posted my Iron Throne from that TV show about thrones.

I just wanted to share because I'm proud of my clever use of the wing pieces.

It's just missing one piece:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93568pb004#T=C&C=150

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Also https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15496#T=C

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Happy 2k all!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
??

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's page #2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CrVkySU3bU&t=14s
Never played Fortnite, but maybe there'll be some cool new figs and molds.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
You down with the 2K?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In the paaaaaage two thouuussaaaannd.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MarxCarl posted:

The 31146-Flatbed-Truck-with-Helicopter is a straight mash up of the old Model Team 5571-Giant-Truck for the truck, and 5590-Whirl-and-Wheel-Super-Truck for the trailer and helicopter.

Yeah I saw that and thought "man that looks familiar"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
There's some pretty sweet mechs coming. Definitely picking up both the Monkie Kid's Mini Mech and Mei's Dragon Mech. Really digging all the extra scenery included with the latter.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

In the paaaaaage two thouuussaaaannd.

sounds like this thread is long overdue for getting moved to some random subforum that makes no goddamn sense. im thinking either football funhouse or goons with spoons so i can consolidate my posting to fewer subforums

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
QCS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Or just don't move it because no one liked when that happened last time.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I want the astronaut set because one of the alt builds is a doggo in a spacesuit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bloody Pom posted:

I want the astronaut set because one of the alt builds is a doggo in a spacesuit.

I missed this, what

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

HootTheOwl posted:

I missed this, what

Me too, had to see. That's pretty adorable! :3:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Day one

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Cojawfee posted:

Or just don't move it because no one liked when that happened last time.

I was entertained!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

:vince:

On an unrelated note, I'm so excited, the lions castle Black Friday deal just shipped along with the GWP! :toot:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

FYI Tiny Plants is listed as Backorder with a ship by date of Dec 21 but I ordered it on Saturday and it shipped today. So you may also have good luck with it.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Oh yay! My castle shipped too, I wasn't expecting it until next year. It's going to hide out in grandma's basement for a few years until the kids are a bit older.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Dammit, the Expecto Patronum kit is on sale here for 20% off, and see thread title. I'm not that big on Harry Potter but it looks like a kickass giant robot kit.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Was building the carriage GWP while my kid helped (played with it) and managed to break off the front axle?? I’ve never had a Lego piece just snap like that before, and I was really rough on my sets as a kid :psyduck: Do I order a replacement? Will they just replace it for me?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

DamnitGannet posted:

Was building the carriage GWP while my kid helped (played with it) and managed to break off the front axle?? I’ve never had a Lego piece just snap like that before, and I was really rough on my sets as a kid :psyduck: Do I order a replacement? Will they just replace it for me?

you dont have to give them a reason, they just let you pick the part and order it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DamnitGannet posted:

Yup, I broke a part on the Ultra Combo Mech and flat out told them so. No issue, no problem, new piece in the mail.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

The duality of Ninjago fans.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well...that was kinda odd.

I think it was Bag 25 of the Museum. You know how there are often smaller bags inside the bigger bags? Well, there was a smaller bag that had 7 pieces in it. Nothing missing. Just 7 pieces. When I first saw it I thought, Uh oh, but it ended up fine.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
They closed the San Francisco LEGO store unexpectedly at the end of the November.

It was in a notably dying mall, but it seemed like it was still doing business to me! Feels crazy to close a LEGO store in December IMHO.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sivart13 posted:

They closed the San Francisco LEGO store unexpectedly at the end of the November.

It was in a notably dying mall, but it seemed like it was still doing business to me! Feels crazy to close a LEGO store in December IMHO.

Yeah I can't imagine what kind of math made them not be able to continue for a month unless they had to sign another year lease to stay open for that month maybe

Dogen
May 5, 2002

If the operator abandoned the mall could have something to do with it, or could be security concerns.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

DamnitGannet posted:

i thought we just went over how its illegal to ask lego for $0.00003 worth of plastic and that the IRS will put a lien on your house (if you live in england they'll send someone to check if you paid the lego tax)

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

i thought we just went over how its illegal to ask lego for $0.00003 worth of plastic and that the IRS will put a lien on your house (if you live in england they'll send someone to check if you paid the lego tax)

OH gently caress how do i unsend an email??

i also got the concorde with the gwp which was nice. they seem to constantly be on back order and were out of stock at the only lego store in the area for a hot minute. now all i need is time to build it :sigh:

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Dogen posted:

If the operator abandoned the mall could have something to do with it, or could be security concerns.
They routinely had like 5 employees working, and near the end one or two private security as well. I figured that many staff would discourage theft, but maybe it just made it cost too much to run the store?

Undoubtedly the management of the mall has something to do with it though, I don't think the bank that took things over from Westfield has been trying very hard, they probably just want to sell the whole property to a developer.

I feel bad for the employees who probably lost their jobs.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah that does suck. Banks give no fucks when they take over any property, they don’t do poo poo and they just hold onto it forever because they’re not particularly motivated sellers. I’ve seen whole housing developments sit doing nothing for years when the developer goes bankrupt.

I’m a little surprised Lego didn’t try to quickly secure another location and just move everyone but perhaps it’s a sign of the feeling about being in SF right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wonder if they had a bad shoplifting problem.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Probably more of bad rent prices problem paired with silicon valley types being the kind to buy online anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

2024 Creator 3-in-1 has some really nice looking things:
https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Creator/year-2024/filter-HasImage

Definitely interested in the Peacock and Giraffe, and Watering Can/Flowers/Butterflies set, and maybe some others.

I'm disappointed the Dragon is cute and cartoony, I wanted a mean dragon fit for destroying castles.