Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
One day they'll read enough theory to withstand being baited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I’m really looking forward to seeing this NDIS report coming out this week, if only to see what direction the government is thinking of going regarding supporting people with disabilities.

Definitely a lot of trepidation though given how the ALP have handled other issues this term!!!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
They’ll have a referendum about it

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I heard they're planning to drastically reduce support for autistic people

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

I’m really looking forward to seeing this NDIS report coming out this week, if only to see what direction the government is thinking of going regarding supporting people with disabilities.

Definitely a lot of trepidation though given how the ALP have handled other issues this term!!!

my money's on "we need to better target support to those who need it most, which by happy coincidence is a lot fewer people than currently get it"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
voting progressive no on the "are disabled people actually 'people'?" referendum

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
people with wheels are now recognised as vehicles and are subject to a fuel tax

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Bill Shorten cooking up some theory on the crapper after eating Taco Bell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Isn't the idea that it's still better than the status quo and no one was promising any alternatives after the no vote wins. Why would people expect politicians to return to a football that exploded on them?

Especially Labor, just let little albo have his wins so he builds confidence. Little Labor is just a spineless little kid wanting the wins.

Carbon tax football - exploded
Mining tax football - exploded
Indigenous Voice football - exploded

And now Labor will suck on all these things for all eternity because people think better things are possible if Labor loses. (Good luck)

I'll keep voting greens sure, I will also keep voting for Labor to improve the status quo by small amounts. Because it's a shout versus a whisper and if you want a decent thing let the whisper have it from time to time.

Most thread people will be in graves before this changes.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Mola Yam posted:

voting progressive no on the "are disabled people actually 'people'?" referendum

i am not really a person and more several raccoons strapped together, guided by an immoral parrot

i don't have wheels so at least i dodge that tax

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
a heart is like a water pump so everyone now gets charged water rates by their councils

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Labor yearn for the yoke of the LNP, so it was written

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeast posted:

They’ll have a referendum about it

need a referendum on your posting

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is apropos of nothing.

Peter Dutton is a bad man who looks like a potato.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Anidav posted:

Carbon tax football - exploded

I'll keep voting greens sure, I will also keep voting for Labor to improve the status quo by small amounts.

This is bait right.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

I already have antivaxxers using me as a prop for their bullshit and ignoring me when I call them out on it so you're halfway there

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Another round of 'Kick the Autistic', as Chris-chan would say.

Recoome posted:

Are progressive No voters useful idiots or collaborators? Just trying to understand here because it does seem that the progressive No either willingly or naively leaned into far right propaganda.

Enough. I did my best to explain my position in good faith, and all you've done is trolled and baited. I'm not a racist or some useful idiot and gently caress you if you want to claim otherwise. I'm not going to talk about the referendum any further, you whiny little bitch. You lost, get over it.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
All the vitriol, none of the responsibility

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

GrandTheftAutism posted:

I'm not going to talk about the referendum any further, you whiny little bitch. You lost, get over it.

Whoomp there it is.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

GrandTheftAutism posted:

You lost, get over it.

I too love to treat the disenfranchisement of indigenous Australians like a team sport.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I say this without limiting my comments to people with autism, but in some cases strong reduction of support is absolutely warranted. I work in the disability sector and the amount of money some scheme participants receive for supports they don't need is eye watering. The scheme is intended to build people's independence and capabilities so they require less support over time, but it's not uncommon to see people who fall into learned helplessness because they're using their plan funding for things they don't feel like doing and not using it on things that would help them to be more independent.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Anidav posted:

Most thread people will be in graves before this changes.

None of us or our relatives will be able to afford graves

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We've only just started on SMG's NDIS plan as she's on the spectrum and it's going to make a big difference for us - she sees a psychologist fortnightly, another therapist about her continence monthly, and now an occupational therapist who's been really awesome - once a month.

That's roughly $750 a month which with every bill and food shop going through the roof will only help her and our budget. We're hoping we're at the end of the continence stuff in the new year so we're already looking at reducing our plan next time around.

Our plan essentially covers all her therapy for two years, and not much else.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

In other news 2 of the 140+ people who have been released from endless immigration detention have been charged with offences. Putting aside the need for innocent until proven guilty, the ABC news presents it as

MAN RELEASED FROM IMMIGRATION DETENTION CHARGED WITH INDECENT ASSAULT IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Okay, cool, lock him up in gaol then. What'd the other guy do?

weed possession

Oh, wow, real dangerous offender there

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Enough. I did my best to explain my position in good faith, and all you've done is trolled and baited. I'm not a racist or some useful idiot and gently caress you if you want to claim otherwise. I'm not going to talk about the referendum any further, you whiny little bitch. You lost, get over it.

Should tell that to all the First Nations people you help gently caress over tbh.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Progressive no voter: "I'm a winner"

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

'Get over it,' I say to the indigenous Australians still grappling with decades of forced assimilation and stolen childhoods.
'you lost, deal with it,' I say to the community leaders who welcomed us to walk with the into a better future.
'I'm not a racist or some useful idiot,' I say to the jack booted thug as they stamp further upon the remaining traces of the oldest continuing culture on the planet.
'I'm a progressive'

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

CAPTAIN KILL

edit: double post

ASIC v Danny Bro fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 5, 2023

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

CAPTAIN KILL

Recoome posted:

Should tell that to all the First Nations people you help gently caress over tbh.

Maybe he can do that at the same time that the yes campaign does. Holy christ what a loving poo poo run campaign that was.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bee posted:

I say this without limiting my comments to people with autism, but in some cases strong reduction of support is absolutely warranted. I work in the disability sector and the amount of money some scheme participants receive for supports they don't need is eye watering. The scheme is intended to build people's independence and capabilities so they require less support over time, but it's not uncommon to see people who fall into learned helplessness because they're using their plan funding for things they don't feel like doing and not using it on things that would help them to be more independent.

Is that an overfunding problem or a lack of structures to build that independence problem?

I'm not sure that reducing funding is going to help people develop those skills.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Holy christ what a loving poo poo run campaign that was.

Yeah absolutly agreed on that one. Yes seemed to be more focused on people like me who were always going to vote yes for some reason, rather than taking on the BS from the No side.

quote:

Are progressive No voters useful idiots or collaborators? Just trying to understand here because it does seem that the progressive No either willingly or naively leaned into far right propaganda.

Useful idiots.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 5, 2023

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

This is bait right.

I'm in Queensland, The Greens might not win government in my lifetime. And every few election cycles a conservative state government will abolish preferential voting.

Green 1, ALP 2.

If idiots are running the state and abolish MPV
ALP 1

If a referendum is happening and the Labor position is clear but the greens position isn't, then vote for the Labor position.

It is just the reality of where i live and how i am.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

I'm in Queensland, The Greens might not win government in my lifetime. And every few election cycles a conservative state government will abolish preferential voting.

Green 1, ALP 2.

If idiots are running the state and abolish MPV
ALP 1

If a referendum is happening and the Labor position is clear but the greens position isn't, then vote for the Labor position.

It is just the reality of where i live and how i am.

It's a hard life for a facially tattoo'd QLD progressive.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

hooman posted:

It's a hard life for a facially tattoo'd QLD progressive.

It is, but still better than being a progressive no voter.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

MysticalMachineGun posted:

In other news 2 of the 140+ people who have been released from endless immigration detention have been charged with offences. Putting aside the need for innocent until proven guilty, the ABC news presents it as

MAN RELEASED FROM IMMIGRATION DETENTION CHARGED WITH INDECENT ASSAULT IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Okay, cool, lock him up in gaol then. What'd the other guy do?

weed possession

Oh, wow, real dangerous offender there

A third has been arrested! For not complying with their reporting obligations!! The ministers must be sacked!!!!!!!!!!

meanwhile their lawyer wants them to be assessed for an intellectual disability

e: reliably informed that the albanese government has been thrown into chaos by these tragic events

2nd e; ok hearing the details it's worse. it wasn't just no showing.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 5, 2023

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

2nd e; ok hearing the details it's worse. it wasn't just no showing.

I glanced at the website of the Age and saw the phrase "orchestrating a child sex ring" so, uh, yeah, I'm gonna say that's a tad worse.

I think the High Court decision was correct but let's be real - there's a reason even Ardern's New Zealand refused to resettle this particular cohort.

edit - OK hang on the child sex stuff was the crime he's already served his time for, he's been rearrested for "trespass and nine counts of using social media in breach of his reporting requirements," which is all I can read because Fairfax has started playing hardball with the paywalls

freebooter fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 5, 2023

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, they may not be nice people but they still have rights. If there is no where else for them to go, we have a responsibility to afford them the same protections and opportunities to improve themselves as others.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Captain Theron posted:

Yeah, they may not be nice people but they still have rights. If there is no where else for them to go, we have a responsibility to afford them the same protections and opportunities to improve themselves as others.

Yeah but this is such a politically nuclear topic and the ALP does not have anywhere near the right amount of spine to do the needful. They absolutely have to fall for every political trap set for them by the coalition, it was in the contract.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mola Yam posted:

The new legislation is a dramatic improvement, but I feel it doesn't go far enough. Therefore I will vote to have all disabled people thrown into the street and set on fire.

I'm a progressive!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the only places unrestricted liberty for criminal aliens is a vote winner are here and 8chan, but for different reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

I know this isn't what you meant, but they're not criminals! They've served their time and are (supposed to be under our broken system) rehabilitated. They're only criminals when they engage in new criminal acts.