Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

a lot of my fun in Elite came when i realized that i need to turn Flight Assist off at all times

way more fun to fly in a space game when it actually kinda behaves like youre in space. Ppl that demand space games fly like WW2 dogfighting games are complete sickos

i could never master full FA off but toggling it on and off to pull sick maneuvers was fun as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

playing through the entirety of San Andreas using only the bicycle

i actually loved the bicycle in SA because of the bug where you could jump super high on it

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

docbeard posted:

I'm kind of in that last-third-of-the-game slog with this Elden Ring run, but aerial death bombardment continues to serve me well enough to justify the bullshit split int-faith requirements. A couple of casts will kill basically anything that isn't a boss, and a couple dozen casts will kill any boss, and I don't really even have to aim.

Running around in fat guy armor raining down death on those who would dare mock me feels like an appropriately cspam build, too.

my faith build was the most fun I had in Elden Ring. By the end you have tons of flavors of AoE death you can deal to enemies. Pillars of fire, cones of lightning, a sniper rifle that lets you cheese a lot of the annoying endgame encounters.

Sorcery is probably more effective per FP, but it's basically just throwing blue arrows at enemies.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Faith is also cool because you get both a lightsaber made of Scripture as well as punching daggers made of Scripture

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Blood West got its 1.0 release, any good? Worth $20?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Halser posted:

my faith build was the most fun I had in Elden Ring. By the end you have tons of flavors of AoE death you can deal to enemies. Pillars of fire, cones of lightning, a sniper rifle that lets you cheese a lot of the annoying endgame encounters.

Sorcery is probably more effective per FP, but it's basically just throwing blue arrows at enemies.

my infinite FP flask and COMET AZUR want a word, esp with the staff that makes you consime more FP to deal MORE DMG

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Comet Azur is a meme, ADLS is more powerful in every situation and isnt even the best faith option a lot of the time. You can also get Pest Threads way earlier than spiral or azur, and it rips and tears big enemies

My pure faith run is the most powerful I've felt and most fun I've had in the game by an order of magnitude lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pure faith also means even more highly damaging doots, as though that weapon art needs any help

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Halser posted:

Yeah, I love the style of incantations more, but I've done that a few times now and I wanted to see how the blue glowy half lives.

Ancient Death Rancor at least looks pretty unique by comparison with most sorceries.

ziasquinn posted:

my infinite FP flask and COMET AZUR want a word, esp with the staff that makes you consime more FP to deal MORE DMG

Cool just let me step two feet to the right

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm currently in a position to try out pretty much every spell in the game (by virtue of using the staff and seal that scale with both int and faith) that doesn't have an arcane requirement (I've done dragon stuff before so I'm not really feeling the loss too much), so I'm experimenting a lot, but ADR is my best bread-and-butter spell by a considerable margin. Incantations are the AOE king though, at least for now.

I'm tempted to try a Crucible Knight build when I get around to NG+ in about ten years but that's honestly because I love the 'run at things with your face' Horns one so much. (Running at things with your face is kind of my equivalent to EHF's 'find the biggest hammer there is')

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've given it some thought and I think it's worth pointing out how impressed and pleased I am with the online elements in DS3. You're encouraged to be embered basically constantly, and you're given enough embers to be as well which is huge. Embering just giving a huge HP boost is probably the best way to get new players to realize how huge vigor is for game enjoyment, and every invasion has been apparently just someone invading because it'd be fun because I haven't seen the same build twice and none have been min-maxed or particularly rude.

What changes did DS3 make to end up with this, was it the poise changes? The DLC arena? Have I just been lucky? Getting invaded in DS1r was somebody who'd just one shot you every single time I know that. The spears of the church fight was a BLAST, I think I may spend some time doing that myself once I finish the game and figure out exactly how to do that.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

getting invaded and backstabbed by 69GayButtTwinkXXX is a vital part of the true Dark Souls experience

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

docbeard posted:

I'm currently in a position to try out pretty much every spell in the game (by virtue of using the staff and seal that scale with both int and faith) that doesn't have an arcane requirement (I've done dragon stuff before so I'm not really feeling the loss too much), so I'm experimenting a lot, but ADR is my best bread-and-butter spell by a considerable margin. Incantations are the AOE king though, at least for now.

I'm tempted to try a Crucible Knight build when I get around to NG+ in about ten years but that's honestly because I love the 'run at things with your face' Horns one so much. (Running at things with your face is kind of my equivalent to EHF's 'find the biggest hammer there is')

Try Discus of Light as bread and butter, it's fun to cast, very strong if you're smart and get them on the return, and 3fp per cast. The downside is the int requirement but that's baked in for you.

Yeah Horns rapidly became a permanent spot on my spell list. A gap closer that throws enemies down, does a lot of damage, and the damage is boosted by one of the coolest and best armor sets in the game? Yes please!

I used a straight sword as melee backup for my incant run, but 16 strength means you can two-hand the medium doot which is a great weapon with a lot of faith.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

caveman build with a touch of faith for utility incants was a ton of fun for my first run. Got to use all the giant weapons i could want, including a few that have small fth requirements

ended up looking like this for most of the game

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im usually boring and go box art armor with a ton of health with a bit in to str for flail and faith for incants. Paladin tanky build. Got da bleedz the stagger swagger and incantations for utility (spewing scarlet rot everywhere)

cant stand builds that hyperfocus on one weapon or whatever because my rear end is going to get bored

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I think it's funny that Geno's items in Super Mario RPG are named like "Hand Gun" and "Hand Cannon" lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a magic puppet possessed by an alien/angel, wielding a Desert Eagle

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’m thinking (praying, shaking, rattling my brain cage) that there’s an Elden Ring dlc trailer tomorrow at the Game Awards

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I’m thinking (praying, shaking, rattling my brain cage) that there’s an Elden Ring dlc trailer tomorrow at the Game Awards

i guarantee you that there won't be

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

operator geno opening up on a crowd of cute little birds with a heavily modified m-4

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'm banking on this and more Death Stranding 2. Just gonna wait until the 4k versions are up unless there's some more weirdos crashing the stage this time.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Elden Ring DLC Trailer
The Finals surprise release
Alan Wake 2 concert featuring dancing Wake, Sam Lake, and Geoff
Phil Spencer forcing Blizzard to make Starcraft 3 at gunpoint

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

not gonna be any gamer award trailers tomorrow actually

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

not gonna be any gamer award trailers tomorrow actually

oh I see what you’re doing, Mr. Has-a-Calendar

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

woke operator posted:

on such a hot streak the last couple days. five consecutive survives including a lexos run. cleared a bunch of tasks, killed a bunch of guys. somehow i still have no roubles...

e: love these guys

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

woke operator posted:

on such a hot streak the last couple days. five consecutive survives including a lexos run. cleared a bunch of tasks, killed a bunch of guys. somehow i still have no roubles...

The tarkov giveth and the tarkov....

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress elden ring i want to know more about yakuza animal crossing edition

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Elden Ring DLC Trailer
The Finals surprise release
Alan Wake 2 concert featuring dancing Wake, Sam Lake, and Geoff
Phil Spencer forcing Blizzard to make Starcraft 3 at gunpoint

Fortnite something

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'd like to think we're due for another ff7r2 trailer where they finally show vincent's face along with anything of cid

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

i'd like to think we're due for another ff7r2 trailer where they finally show vincent's face along with anything of cid

cid has been reimagined as a lazy but persistent green cat and vincent is his kind-hearted but gullible owner

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm looking forward to Like A Dragon: Radiance, the new Gold Box interpretation of the Yakuza games.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

hell ya, cyberpunk dlc on sale today

know what im doing when i get home later

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

blizzard absolutely should not make starcraft 3. It would 100% be bad, see: dawn of war 3, age of empires 3, company of heroes 3, total warhammer 3, warcraft 3, etc. you have to stop after the second game or else

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

turn off the TV posted:

blizzard absolutely should not make starcraft 3. It would 100% be bad, see: dawn of war 3, age of empires 3, company of heroes 3, total warhammer 3, warcraft 3, etc. you have to stop after the second game or else

They should make StarCraft 4 instead.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

warcraft 3 was pretty good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

They should make StarCraft 4 instead.

Make StarCraft Ghost cannon

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

warcraft 3 was pretty good

clearly you're talking to someone who was driven mad by hero units

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Zokari posted:

clearly you're talking to someone who was driven mad by hero units

no it has creeps in it (lame, cringe) and resulted in the creation of dota. unforgivable really

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Holy poo poo this Augment is going to be OP.
https://twitter.com/FNcompReport/status/1732107539595063483?t=BXW4WcNEMVxeM4sNDzY7-A&s=19

This item will be too
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1732111817646735842?t=NBRxbhIuviNn3hHSC9hYKQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

yeah the hero units were fun but having to do tedious grinding at the start of every match was stupid