Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

GTA is the perfect sandbox game, with some really fun missions, funny writing and characters. Then on top of that it has the crazy online mode. I haven't played the latest GTA online but I was a big fan of it in GTA4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I had a ton of fun in 4's simple as poo poo modes.

TDM, FFA, Capture the Car Flag, and I think that was it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Even at 85% off bf2042 is still overpriced

its on game pass anyways

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Seltzer posted:

2042 should go on EA play imo. I'm not paying for it after I tried the free play weekend many months ago and it was trash. It might be good now but I'm only gonna find that out if it's on gamepass.
It's been there for a little over a year now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Heck yeah darktide crossplay! played last night with my pal who is max levelled and carried my noob rear end around lol

Also yeah BF2042 is on ea play/game pass and it is pretty fun actually especially to just mess around and air drop vehicles on people

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Seltzer posted:

2042 should go on EA play imo. I'm not paying for it after I tried the free play weekend many months ago and it was trash. It might be good now but I'm only gonna find that out if it's on gamepass.

ea should remaster bad company 2 and put that on ea play instead

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ea should remaster bad company 2 and put that on ea play instead

now thats paper

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

The Kins posted:

It's been there for a little over a year now.

Lol I somehow missed that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New Halo Infinite update today?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

now thats paper

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

drrockso20 posted:

For VII they should return to London

:hmmyes:

Blue Raider posted:

I've liked every GTA except 4, and that includes 1 and 2 and London 1969

I know GTA III (and everything afterwards) were monumental releases when they first dropped, but I wish 1, London, and 2 were talked about more. GTA2 is my personal favorite of the series. When I watched the No-Clip doc on Rockstar and they said GTA2 didn't sell very well, that was such a bummer.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Vam gam adventure update coming tomorrow on Dec 6th!

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/?????3??25?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

RandolphCarter posted:

How the hell does world war z run worse on series x than it did on ps4

They must've messed something up. It ran fine before this new chapter. They need to fix this ASAP as the performance is unacceptable.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Vam gam adventure update coming tomorrow on Dec 6th!

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/?????3??25?

I can’t believe they are marketing this, I’m very upset.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

kri kri posted:

nah 2042 is good now

Is it? At that price I’m tempted to pull the trigger. I just bought Dead Space because holy crap that’s a steal of a deal.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 16, 2024

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Firefight is a lot of fun, but also kinda exhausting! Can't do more than 2 games before I need to take a break.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Firefight is a lot of fun, but also kinda exhausting! Can't do more than 2 games before I need to take a break.

How long do games take?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

harrygomm posted:

this is the same dead space remake that is on game pass that you need to have to be able to see the deal to buy dead space in the first place, right? or did the remake also add new, meaningful story dlc or something as well?

Nothing new, but the graphics overhaul is pretty incredible and elevates an already great classic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not a straight 1:1 remake with nicer graphics

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 16, 2024

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

Is it? At that price I’m tempted to pull the trigger. I just bought Dead Space because holy crap that’s a steal of a deal.

IMO yes 2042 is really fun now. How much is it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh right. Then yeah I dunno why you’d buy it. Free trial of gamepass people maybe?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I said come in! posted:

How long do games take?

15-20 minutes. Which is an entire night.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

harrygomm posted:

this is the same dead space remake that is on game pass that you need to have to be able to see the deal to buy dead space in the first place, right? or did the remake also add new, meaningful story dlc or something as well?

The Remake is not a 1:1 remake. It actually revamps and rebuilds a lot of the game while keeping most of the major areas in, though often with some adjustments. It's not quite on the level of the Resident Evil remakes but among some of the major things:

The script is entirely redone. Isaac talks and non-Isaac characters come across a lot better
You can backtrack now, with sidequests involving it and security keycards you can use to unlock areas from earlier in the game.
Sidequests are also a real thing now with optional objectives that flesh out characters and unlock new abilities or upgrades.
Weapons are found scattered throughout the Ishimura now instead of having to be crafted from schematics.
There's technically a new ending in NG+ but it's pretty minor.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 16, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You're over thinking it, people were just commenting that it's a great deal for a great game, and then someone reminded everyone that it's also on Game Pass because I think a lot of people didn't know.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Buy it to keep it. Game Pass has usually a standing 10-20% off on games it has, this is just a better deal

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

harrygomm posted:

i don't care

the remake is free to play with gamepass right now

why should i buy that exact same remake for $10?

this is the very simple question i'm asking. i don't care if the remake is different from the original. i am talking about the remake that is included with game pass and installed in my machine right now vs deciding to go to the microsoft store and buy the exact thing that is installed and playable for an additional $10, which is also the remake

i wanted to know why people, who have to have gamepass, abd thus access to the remake, were excited about paying $10 to get the same game they already have access to.

am i crazy? have i really explained my question so poorly that this point is being missed repeatedly? i don't even think gamepass gives you access to the not-remake version anymore anyway, i think you can only, exclusively be talking about the remake

Some people like to own games and $9 for the Digital Deluxe Edition of a GOTY candidate that came out this year is a pretty decent deal.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

harrygomm posted:

i don't care

the remake is free to play with gamepass right now

why should i buy that exact same remake for $10?

this is the very simple question i'm asking. i don't care if the remake is different from the original. i am talking about the remake that is included with game pass and installed in my machine right now vs deciding to go to the microsoft store and buy the exact thing that is installed and playable for an additional $10, which is also the remake

i wanted to know why people, who have to have gamepass, abd thus access to the remake, were excited about paying $10 to get the same game they already have access to.

am i crazy? have i really explained my question so poorly that this point is being missed repeatedly? i don't even think gamepass gives you access to the not-remake version anymore anyway, i think you can only, exclusively be talking about the remake

Because games get removed from gamepass.

Also your 5 paragraph diatribe could have been 1 sentence.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

This just goes to show that Phil’s unbeatable deals for gamers on Xbox are enough to make anyone insane

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 16, 2024

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Keep in mind that EA Play could also leave Game Pass entirely at any point.

Might even happen next year with the Activision library getting added to soften the blow. :tinfoil:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Fanatic posted:

Keep in mind that EA Play could also leave Game Pass entirely at any point.

Might even happen next year with the Activision library getting added to soften the blow. :tinfoil:

If I was Phil I would simply buy EA

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Yeah , the reason I bought Dead Space is to keep it, because games get removed from Gamepass all the time.

It’s ten bucks.

And what the hell, I bought Battlefield 2042 whatever edition. It’s twenty bucks up here in Canada.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

harrygomm posted:

if y'all had read the original one sentence i wrote it wouldn't need to be expanded upon idk man

I had to read your sentence twice to understand what you meant, skill issue on your end. Typically if you write something and a bunch of people misread it in the same way to the point where you feel compelled to say "well if you all could read", it's your mistake

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

And what the hell, I bought Battlefield 2042 whatever edition. It’s twenty bucks up here in Canada.

That's how they get you, they make the bad game cheap and your monkey brain kicks in and pays for it anyway.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah , the reason I bought Dead Space is to keep it, because games get removed from Gamepass all the time.

It’s ten bucks.

I bought bf2042 a while back when Amazon was selling em for $20CAD, they sent me a dvd case with a printed code in it lol.

It’s fine for that and a great deal for $10.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The new Halo Infinite update corrupted the files and wow it's still a huge pain in the rear end to fix Game Pass stuff on Windows huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

RBA Starblade posted:

The new Halo Infinite update corrupted the files and wow it's still a huge pain in the rear end to fix Game Pass stuff on Windows huh

Is there not a right click > repair option? Having to redownload everything definitely sucks.