Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sherbert Hoover posted:

actually laughed because I got a robocall from the school saying there was an event investigated by the police while the school went into lockdown that turned out to be a car backfiring

We got an Official email from our elementary school a couple weeks back about a “suspicious” car parked in front of the school for an hour. Cops were called, turns out some poor soul ran out of gas and just pushed their car into the drive to get it out of the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
meanwhile at a school near me...

https://westseattleblog.com/2023/11/police-investigating-drive-by-spraying-near-arbor-heights-elementary/

quote:

An unknown adult in a car sprayed a substance that SPD believes may have been pepper spray toward several students and their families while they were walking on the sidewalk. The unknown adult immediately drove west on 105th and was not seen again as we dealt with this situation.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Elissimpark posted:

My 5yo's head is at crotch height and she loves dashing at me for a hug when I pick her up. I learnt quickly to brace for impact.

Somehow when I was giving out goodbye hugs this morning every kid managed to hit me in the balls.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

My 6yo daughter made a very nice card for my wife

"Mom you are the best, even better than Dad and [brother]"

On the back "please don't tell [brother]! I luv him too"

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

brugroffil posted:

My 6yo daughter made a very nice card for my wife

"Mom you are the best, even better than Dad and [brother]"

On the back "please don't tell [brother]! I luv him too"

gently caress lol

in other news, my kid is going to be on crutches for the next week or two because she was really into dancing to some song in her room last night and sprained her ankle.

me when the doctor asked how she sprained her ankle and she looked at me first before answering: :ughh:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Sherbert Hoover posted:

gently caress lol

in other news, my kid is going to be on crutches for the next week or two because she was really into dancing to some song in her room last night and sprained her ankle.

me when the doctor asked how she sprained her ankle and she looked at me first before answering: :ughh:

lol hope you presented yourself well to avoid a CPS call

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure doctors are used to kids doing stuff like that, up to straight up lying and saying they broke their arm because daddy hit them. They probably only call CPS if you're black they sense genuine fear in the kid

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
doctors can always sense fear

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
set up the advent calendar and the 2 year old does not give a poo poo about chocolate at all

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dreylad posted:

set up the advent calendar and the 2 year old does not give a poo poo about chocolate at all

my son hates chocolate lol, so weird

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

worked great on halloween though

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
we get the Lego advent calendar every year and I don't know why.

I've got so many goddamn Lego Iron Men.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

we get the Lego advent calendar every year and I don't know why.

I've got so many goddamn Lego Iron Men.

lmfao this is the first year we didn't do that so I know exactly what you mean

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
grandma mailed an Advent calendar full of rocks for our oldest and we all couldn't be more grateful

(Lego friends this year features lady with one hand and dog with wheels for back legs... awesome breakfast conversations about material realities)

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

my daughter just went to town on a steak quesadilla, then in the bath complained about how full she was, and then a short while later pooped in the bathtub. now she’s happy and I can’t blame her.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

I should add that at a birthday party yesterday, she ate 3 slices of dominoes and I had more than I should’ve, and it’s apparently thrown off out poop schedule, so that’s probably part of it. also the birthday boy looked exactly like a tiny Benedict cumberbatch, and I’m glad I resisted the urge to tell the parents.

weekends with kids!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my niece and nephew were in town with with their mom this weekend so i got to interact with them a bit. both seem to be having speech problems. the older one is 8 and still can't say r or sh, so he very much still sounds babyish to me. also he talks in a complete monotone, like a robot. no inflection or anything. nice kid though, well behaved. the little girl is 2.5 and barely talks. well she babbles a lot like a baby but she can only say a few words and i didn't hear any sentences. seems bad.

they don't have much money either. id love to try to help them out but the dad (my wifes brother) is really touchy about that stuff.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Got some new toothpaste and my son doesn't want to brush his teeth anymore. I tried his new toothpaste and it tastes like bubblegum rear end. Going back to bougie brand Tom or whatever. Lil kids are silly with adult toothpaste, just lil cartoon characters making an awooga sound and trying to scrape the cold off their tongue.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

my son hates chocolate lol, so weird

she's got a cough and she makes sure to lick all of them and then offer them to me.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Got some new toothpaste and my son doesn't want to brush his teeth anymore. I tried his new toothpaste and it tastes like bubblegum rear end. Going back to bougie brand Tom or whatever. Lil kids are silly with adult toothpaste, just lil cartoon characters making an awooga sound and trying to scrape the cold off their tongue.

yea we had progress today when she ate a candy cane and didn’t make a what the gently caress face.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

my niece and nephew were in town with with their mom this weekend so i got to interact with them a bit. both seem to be having speech problems. the older one is 8 and still can't say r or sh, so he very much still sounds babyish to me. also he talks in a complete monotone, like a robot. no inflection or anything. nice kid though, well behaved. the little girl is 2.5 and barely talks. well she babbles a lot like a baby but she can only say a few words and i didn't hear any sentences. seems bad.

they don't have much money either. id love to try to help them out but the dad (my wifes brother) is really touchy about that stuff.

if the biggest issue with an 8 year old is that they have a couple speech impediment issues to work out, she's fine.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

the cool thing about kids is they have no sense of space and play video games with their entire body.

so anyway my kid just smacked me in the head with his switch controller because I was standing behind him and he didn't see me and now I have a swollen eye.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
if the kid is in a public school, usually there is a school district speech therapist that can assist. if they are in private or charters then they have no obligation to offer anything iirc

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

as soon as my son was diagnosed with a stutter we got him an individualized education plan to ensure he was accommodated.

private schools will either ignore the issue or make up a reason as to why your kid can't go to the school.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Six year old is gonna go places. We asked about his Christmas wishlist, and it started with "huge cheese" and "giant salmon". He had to be specifically prompted to think about toys, and he was way less into that.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BonHair posted:

Six year old is gonna go places. We asked about his Christmas wishlist, and it started with "huge cheese" and "giant salmon". He had to be specifically prompted to think about toys, and he was way less into that.

Why force toys, we were at the grocery store and promised both kids a treat, the younger got a donut, the older got a pack of smoked salmon.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Why force toys, we were at the grocery store and promised both kids a treat, the younger got a donut, the older got a pack of smoked salmon.

He's getting presents from at least 5 major sources, it's a matter of fridge space basically. He needs to get stuff that won't spoil.
I myself have opted out of presents, and that didn't sit well with anyone, so taking the kids out is gonna be impossible, even though they'd probably be just as happy without all the crap.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

BonHair posted:

He's getting presents from at least 5 major sources, it's a matter of fridge space basically. He needs to get stuff that won't spoil.

Hard, aged Parmesan cheese can last up to 1-2 years when stored properly in the refrigerator or freezer.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Polling the thread: how old should a child be before they are given their first personal 72-pound wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

As long as it's less than a body weights worth of cheese it's ok

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

loquacius posted:

Polling the thread: how old should a child be before they are given their first personal 72-pound wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano

My kids would love to find this under the tree.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

If the child is a Venetian merchant prince, age 4 or so

If the child is not a Venetian merchant prince, that's probably too much dang cheese

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

loquacius posted:

This is antisemitism

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When I was a child I would sneak away a big tube of shelf stable parmesan cheese. I'd hide in the closet and just eat handfuls of the stuff.

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
we called it 'sprinkle cheese' in my house and my wife thought I was an idiot when I told her that, like kid me knew any better or that you don't sprinkle the cheese!!

my 4 y/o also loves 'bubble water' aka la croix et al.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my kids call it spicy water.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my kids call it spicy water.

:same:

also, it's shaker cheese, you philistines

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

This is antisemitism

me, half-jewish and half-italian, staring into a mirror for a solid half hour after reading this post

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

loquacius posted:

me, half-jewish and half-italian, staring into a mirror for a solid half hour after reading this post

The bathroom mirror, as you pooped for an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HootTheOwl posted:

The bathroom mirror, as you pooped for an hour

is your mirror really opposite your toilet like that