Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1732122440333939044
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1732127123803124136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I mean ideally you can do both, you have to be able to move and function while carrying a shitload of weight. Like our plate carrier/webbing with full ammo and water was like 14kg, and our packs with 3 days of gear were regularly 30+kg. (more than it shouldve been because our unit was undermanned)
They also used to tell us that being stronger basically made you a more stable weapons platform when shooting but I doubt thats more than a marginal factor.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Still can't believe how many people bought into the rocket explanation when that entire bombing run was recorded by Al Jazeera

"Yeah those other twelve sound barrier breaking mushroom clouds were us but that one that hit the hospital was hamas"

For older people, they simply never see 99% of the stuff we see. And if you showed them, they could simply say the video is showing a completely unrelated bombing.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yes. Several hostages have come out against the Israel for indiscriminate bombing and one of them directly told Hitler 2 the blood of Palestinian children is on his hands. Those videos of them shaking Hamas soldier hands and waving goodbye and thanking them are authentic because they learned what a monster Israel really is and peeled back the curtain of Zionist propaganda.

IIRC this one's probably fake

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ytlaya posted:

For older people, they simply never see 99% of the stuff we see. And if you showed them, they could simply say the video is showing a completely unrelated bombing.

Not to mention their racism would kick into overdrive the moment they saw "al jazeera" and they'd think it was literally run by Al Qaeda*.

*I know, I know

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

how the gently caress do you get dysentary ten miles from home/supplies/support

just airdrop some chemical toilets my dudes. put them in your truck. wtf

the idf has little to no experience or training for extended operations away from their home bases. Even operating camps 5 miles away from the border is straining their logistics and capacity to operate. They literally normally just get their soldiers fast food or pizza or serve them from the military cafeteria. Operating in the field means somehow feeding all those soldiers and their rations are godawful, and the soldiers don't know dick about building a camp with proper latrines and sanitation so you have a bunch of moron soldiers all eating their potentially spoiled rations too close to the latrines or some poo poo like that.

They are literally just cops and this is like forcing cops to go work in the woods for a month.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

how the gently caress do you get dysentary ten miles from home/supplies/support

just airdrop some chemical toilets my dudes. put them in your truck. wtf

By allowing huge open air poo poo pits to exist within flying distance of their food prep areas

They're getting dysentery from insects landing on their poo poo and then landing on their food

This is literally a problem you can solve with dirt and plywood.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
boomer dad: I think Al Jazeera has incredible reporting but I just dont trust them on anything related to israel and palestine, they have an agenda there

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the idf has little to no experience or training for extended operations away from their home bases. Even operating camps 5 miles away from the border is straining their logistics and capacity to operate. They literally normally just get their soldiers fast food or pizza or serve them from the military cafeteria. Operating in the field means somehow feeding all those soldiers and their rations are godawful, and the soldiers don't know dick about building a camp with proper latrines and sanitation so you have a bunch of moron soldiers all eating their potentially spoiled rations too close to the latrines or some poo poo like that.

They are literally just cops and this is like forcing cops to go work in the woods for a month.

idf soldiers making GBS threads their guts out from eating poop-contaminated tuna while a hamas sniper pops up from a spider hole six feet away and 360 noscopes the whole squad

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Imagine the kind of ghoul you have to be to pass atrocities carried out on other people as your own

They've had two months and they still can't come up with real evidence of Hamas atrocity (because it didn't happen)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I mean ideally you can do both, you have to be able to move and function while carrying a shitload of weight. Like our plate carrier/webbing with full ammo and water was like 14kg, and our packs with 3 days of gear were regularly 30+kg. (more than it shouldve been because our unit was undermanned)
They also used to tell us that being stronger basically made you a more stable weapons platform when shooting but I doubt thats more than a marginal factor.

I guess it's always better to be fit than not. But wouldn't the best form of training be carrying your gear with you on long marches, rather than doing hand-stand pushups and front squats?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

WoodrowSkillson posted:

If Americans are familiar with Man Tracker, the teams of cops always lost right out of the gate.

If you’ve been on the internet for a long time, the Man Tracker was the same guy they sent to find that kind who ran away from home over an Xbox 360 and fell out of a tree.

Karach posted:

I guess it's always better to be fit than not. But wouldn't the best form of training be carrying your gear with you on long marches, rather than doing hand-stand pushups and front squats?

Yes - but - that’s a famously unpleasant part of training! See: Stripes, Private Benjamin. So of course the IDF does not subject their campers to anything as onerous as long rucks.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Dec 5, 2023

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Didn’t the Israelis uh poison wells in 1948?

Yeah at Acre and there was another unsuccessful attempt elsewhere where the saboteurs were caught and hanged iirc. And it's all backed up by archived Israeli documents that made it past military censors because they apparently didn't know what operation cast thy bread was.

Like everything else this is not unique to Israel of course, smallpox blankets etc. Which makes the whole blood libel thing even more ridiculous, it's just another incidence of the same atrocities of colonialism. It's not about the identity of the perpetrators.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Karach posted:

Yes, hence one of the most famous examples of a general whipping an army into shape resulted in his soldiers being called Marius' Mules

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Adenoid Dan posted:

Yeah at Acre and there was another unsuccessful attempt elsewhere where the saboteurs were caught and hanged iirc. And it's all backed up by archived Israeli documents that made it past military censors because they apparently didn't know what operation cast thy bread was.

Like everything else this is not unique to Israel of course, smallpox blankets etc. Which makes the whole blood libel thing even more ridiculous, it's just another incidence of the same atrocities of colonialism. It's not about the identity of the perpetrators.

Yeah that's what I've been harping on to anyone that will listen- Israel is not unique in any way, they're just doing the same poo poo our colonial rearguards have been doing for at least a century.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

And when the IDF infantry did march, instead of always riding around in M113s, their tanks always left them kilometres behind choking on dust.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

how long has the ground offensive been going, and what's the world record for dysentery? Asking for a company making a world record attempt

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

poo poo, I had it October 6th. Let's not let Israel win this race

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Karach posted:

Yea probably, we had actual dedicated professional physical trainers taking us on organised training every day so it was a bit different than what FF was describing. This was NZ as opposed to Canada.
Anecdotally we would always hear about how much americans loved working out and doing pullups but they sucked at stuff like compass nav and bushcraft. But that was probably just "hurr durr we're actually the best" army bs.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

can a neoliberal state fight? ff you should write an essay about this after you get tenure in galicia studies or whatever the hell it is you're doing

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/VarrockianG/status/1732156529388785923

lol.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Karach posted:

If we've learned anything at all it should be that the best form of training is learning to dig, whether it be for tunnels or latrines

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

RC Cola posted:

If every single Palestinian was killed or forced into the desert they would just move the goal post and talk about how it needed to be done. Just some nice 10,000 paragraph essays about why genocide is good actually from the calmest of Hitlers
That's the plan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Not to mention their racism would kick into overdrive the moment they saw "al jazeera" and they'd think it was literally run by Al Qaeda*.

*I know, I know

I think that the way it would be interpreted if I showed this stuff to my parents is "young person showing me some tweets." I think "the fact it comes in the form of tweets" would be discrediting. They wouldn't necessarily think it's fake or anything, but they just wouldn't seriously factor it into their understanding of the situation.

I generally only show stuff from official accounts (which Israel fortunately makes easy since they tweet all sorts of insane poo poo from the official @Israel account) or articles. Despite sucking poo poo on tons of issues, Snopes was helpful in terms of verifying that one crazy video of the children singing about annihilating Gaza.

edit: Netanyahu is also a big problem if you're talking about this stuff with liberals, because they might condemn what Israel is doing, but perceive it as the doing of Netanyahu specifically rather than something just inherent to Israel's history as a country. They also equate Netanyahu with Trump.

This is part of why I'm kind of cautious about interpreting some of the polling too optimistically, because I think a lot of it is based around the Netanyahu = Trump understanding among liberals. I think if Netanyahu were replaced with a "good polite liberal" that more liberals would be defending Israel.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Dec 5, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

make it a year and you got yourself a deal

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sounds like the idf is eating poo poo in more ways than one

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Father Wendigo posted:

They've literally recorded and shared videos of themselves playing with their own poo poo, smearing it across the walls of the houses they're occupying.

is it against thread rules to link these?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

I said come in! posted:

I dont want to save western civilization.

Western civilization would be nice.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I might be mis-remembering this, but there was some camera filament that was recovered from the downed U2 spy plane, the Soviets reversr-engineered it, and but it in their Venus lander.

So something we used to look for places to nuke, they used to explore other planets for the good of mankind. Really puts the lie to capitalism innovating anything except for ways to genocide people.

Palestinians get to use Israel's white phosphorus stock for harmless victory fireworks :pray:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

it's translating the word "kushi" which was that guy's nickname. it's a biblical hebrew word that means from the land of kush, which was an african kingdom. in contemporary hebrew however it is definitely used as the hebrew n word, but israelis will fight you about how it's not racist because it's from the bible.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Dec 5, 2023

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It depends on context but could be the N word although depending on context it could be a term of endearment (given the facts, it’s the former). There’s a Wikipedia article on the word (Cushi).

It’s basically like Schvartz in Yiddish, which could be neutral but generally is a slur.

Horseshoe theory has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Dec 5, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

it's translating the word "kushi" which was that guy's nickname. it's a biblical hebrew word that means from the land of kush, which was an african kingdom. in contemporary hebrew however it is definitely used as the hebrew n word, but israelis will fight you about how it's not racist because it's from the bible.

So what you're saying is that the IDF is so racist they made a slightly brown looking guy have the n word as a nickname?

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

This is part of why I'm kind of cautious about interpreting some of the polling too optimistically, because I think a lot of it is based around the Netanyahu = Trump understanding among liberals. I think if Netanyahu were replaced with a "good polite liberal" that more liberals would be defending Israel.

totally. happens every time, israel is a 'democracy' so it must be fundamentally good, just some bad apples

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hezbollah, please retaliate and turn Ben Gurion Airport into rubble. TYIA.
https://twitter.com/idf/status/1732158041787691116

quote:

Earlier today, IDF soldiers operated in self defense to eliminate an imminent threat that had been identified from Lebanon. The threat was identified within a known launch area and observation point of ​​the Hezbollah terrorist organization, near al-Awadi. Hezbollah’s activities in Lebanon are in clear violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701.

The IDF was notified that soldiers from the Lebanese Armed Forces were harmed during the strike. The Lebanese Armed Forces were not the target of the strike.

The IDF expresses regret over the incident. The incident is under review.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

So what you're saying is that the IDF is so racist they made a slightly brown looking guy have the n word as a nickname?

precisely.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Frosted Flake posted:

Yes - but - that’s a famously unpleasant part of training! See: Stripes, Private Benjamin. So of course the IDF does not subject their campers to anything as onerous as long rucks.

Soon, power armour will handle the carrying, walking, shooting, and cum retrieval that used to make soldiering so unpleasant.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Karach posted:

Soon, power armour will handle the carrying, walking, shooting, and cum retrieval that used to make soldiering so unpleasant.

The cum tube in thx1138 but it's a giant codpiece

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Brain Candy posted:

totally. happens every time, israel is a 'democracy' so it must be fundamentally good, just some bad apples

know a few burgers who already get upset when "israel" gets blamed for what israel is doing and insist on referring to "netanyahu" and "the far right"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Zodium posted:

know a few burgers who already get upset when "israel" gets blamed for what israel is doing and insist on referring to "netanyahu" and "the far right"

Very hard to overcome BurgerBrain