Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It was basically this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZefOPHAekM

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1732061557880754598?s=20

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Billy B would always unceremoniously cut or trade players. The same should happen to him. It would be poetic like Solid vs Liquid fist fighting on a sub.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
They should let Tom fire Bill

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Raku posted:

They should let Drew fire Bill

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Raku posted:

They should let Tom fire Bill

Tom Brady is signing a one day contract with the New England Patriots

As general manager :getin:

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

The Consortium, was Tom!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's only one man who Kraft can trust to tell a man they're fired.

Donald Trump.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would actually love that and he deserves it after writing that ridiculous letter to Trump.

"Bill you're a LOSER now and nobody likes a loser. You've lost your touch, everyone is talking about it, you don't know how to win. Thank you, Bill, but you're fired!"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Donald Trump was too much of a coward to fire Omarosa from the White House, there’s no way he’d have the balls to fire Bill Belichick.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want Jim Harbaugh a lot

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Donald Trump was too much of a coward to fire Omarosa from the White House, there’s no way he’d have the balls to fire Bill Belichick.

God this would be amazing. I bet Bill would just smirk at him. Maybe give a quiet little laugh to himself. And then get back to work.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

a neat cape posted:

I want Jim Harbaugh a lot

He is ruggedly handsome...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If Michigan wins the natty this year I will be OK with Harbs leaving the program. He may be leaving it regardless, we'll just have to wait and see.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

C-Euro posted:

If Michigan wins the natty this year I will be OK with Harbs leaving the program. He may be leaving it regardless, we'll just have to wait and see.

I would be shocked if he left but he is also insane.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Weebly posted:

Billy B would always unceremoniously cut or trade players. The same should happen to him. It would be poetic like Solid vs Liquid fist fighting on a sub.

Thank you for putting this in terms that I can understand.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1732398998915363170?s=20

quote:

League sources said Tepper struggled with the decision to fire Reich. But the combination of Young’s difficulty understanding Reich’s offense, specifically the reads, timing and ball placement, as well as Young’s lack of protection, convinced the owner the organization wasn’t helping its quarterback, but ruining him.

quote:

The heat was turning up on Reich, with The Athletic reporting after the game against the Bears that ownership needed to see more progress on offense. Reich was getting the message as well: On the Monday following the Week 10 loss at Chicago, Reich announced he would be calling plays again.

Reich’s reversal further divided the offensive staff, with one assistant saying, “That was shocking.”

quote:

At one point, several coaches wanted to bench Young in favor of Dalton, who had the Panthers’ only 300-yard passing game when Young missed the Week 3 game at Seattle with an ankle injury. But those conversations never reached Reich, Fitterer or ownership, according to high-ranking team sources.

Other coaches felt they couldn’t voice their opinions without being viewed as malcontents.

Several sources said Reich would call out Young for mistakes during team-wide film reviews — as he did other players — early in the season but backed off in recent weeks, with Young’s confidence in mind.

“You can coach a player hard,” said one staffer, “without killing his spirit.”

But one player said it wasn’t Reich’s nature or coaching style to be overly critical of any player or position group.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I would love to know specifically which coaches wanted him benched. If for some reason he isn't grasping the offense and you also fear that the protection was going to get him hurt, why would that not be an option?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Reich was always a player's coach. He never went hard at them. He has his faults but every player on the Colts loved him.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ozymandius1024 posted:

I would love to know specifically which coaches wanted him benched. If for some reason he isn't grasping the offense and you also fear that the protection was going to get him hurt, why would that not be an option?

Tepper's certainly fired people for less than "somebody at the top of the offense is a dumbass; either your wife's favorite tiny quarterback, or your slam dunk coaching hire"

what an absolute shitshow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Russini is just torching the shittiest NFL organizations this week lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm assuming at this point Tepper wants him starting, because iirc the plan in the off-season was to have Dalton starting at the beginning of the season and transition into Bryce becoming the starter for the rest of the year. But then Reich announced that Bryce was the starter and they haven't looked back.

At this point I think if they bench Bryce, they think they're saying that he's not the guy, and I don't think Tepper will let that happen. He'd rather keep him out there in order to save face than protect the guy they threw a bunch of resources at to grab

StupidSexyMothman posted:

what an absolute shitshow.

Someone said that Tepper is speedrunning his Snyder run, and that feels accurate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sell the team to the city of St. Louis

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tepper releasing the Snyder cut

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The knives coming out immediately from assistants is an extra level of fuckery. Tepper involved himself in which assistants were being hired right?

It's such a shitshow over there they've scored a point for coaching nepotism.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

tepper releasing the Snyder cut

“Snyder cut” in an NFL owner context is probably those skeevy videos Dan Snyder took of his cheerleaders during a photo shoot or horrible acts committed on his yacht.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The knives coming out immediately from assistants is an extra level of fuckery. Tepper involved himself in which assistants were being hired right?

It's such a shitshow over there they've scored a point for coaching nepotism.

Twenty people were willing to talk.

Twenty.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Twenty people were willing to talk.

Twenty.

Lmao

I will say to no one’s surprise it sounds like Reich had no idea how to manage a coaching staff that wasn’t just his buddies especially when things got tough.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lmao

I will say to no one’s surprise it sounds like Reich had no idea how to manage a coaching staff that wasn’t just his buddies especially when things got tough.

Campen and Tabor were holdovers from Rhule. Both were good, and both units did well, but they were kept at teppers request. Now we have assistant coaches texting tepper directly, and oh look Tabor was just named interim head coach. Hmm. Odd.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lmao

His staff in Indy were already there before he came in because of the McDaniels thing.

It's a hit job on Reich in my opinion. Like yeah he wasn't doing great but a lot of that stuff goes against how he was perceived in Indy, even up until when he was fired.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ozymandius1024 posted:

You can’t bench a guy you spent multiple 1st round picks to take 1st overall, whose big selling point is that he was pro ready coming out, after he’s started half a season. Aside from the fact the the owner would never allow it the optics would be terrible and it would be a huge blow to his confidence. Flores did that to Tua and it really negatively affected him.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Codependent Poster posted:

His staff in Indy were already there before he came in because of the McDaniels thing.

It's a hit job on Reich in my opinion. Like yeah he wasn't doing great but a lot of that stuff goes against how he was perceived in Indy, even up until when he was fired.

It was always going to be a hit job if things didn't work out. There are too many "head coaches of the future" on that staff to let a bad year with Reich halt their momentum.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's nuts that Flores was allowed to do what he did with Tua

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You can’t bench a guy you spent multiple 1st round picks to take 1st overall, whose big selling point is that he was pro ready coming out, after he’s started half a season. Aside from the fact the the owner would never allow it the optics would be terrible and it would be a huge blow to his confidence. Flores did that to Tua and it really negatively affected him.

Seems like Tua recovered ok (obviously Mike McDaniel helped that a ton, but getting the poo poo knocked out of him didn't help him any). Patrick Mahomes was a 1st rounder that KC traded up for and sat for a year. He seems like he's been ok.

Every single bit of this is on David Tepper.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Flores wasn't pulling Tua to save him from taking hits though

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I know we always say that only 32 head coaching jobs exist. So someone's gonna take it. But surely all this poo poo has to impact Carolina's ability to lure competent candidates? I can't imagine a less appealing situation to walk into. The owner is absolutely clueless about football but insists on meddling at every level, from draft picks to staff hires to low level coaching and play calling decisions. He's talking to your staff behind your back. People inside the building are actively texting candidates telling them not to apply. And then when all that meddling backfires, he publicly throws you under the bus and fires your rear end. This Tepper saga is loving wild. It makes working for Irsay or Haslam look like the model of stability. Why would anyone who has more than one option willingly go to the Panthers at this point?

"8 figure payout to only work 12 weeks before you're canned" does sound appealing. But it's going to take years for your reputation to recover from having the stink of this team on you.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ozymandius1024 posted:

Seems like Tua recovered ok (obviously Mike McDaniel helped that a ton, but getting the poo poo knocked out of him didn't help him any). Patrick Mahomes was a 1st rounder that KC traded up for and sat for a year. He seems like he's been ok.

Tua didn’t get benched to protect him, he got benched because Flores didn’t think he was good. And no matter what rationale the team gave nobody (including Bryce) would ever see Bryce getting benched after losing 10 games as anything but performance based.

Has any team ever benched a perfectly healthy QB for their own safety? It doesn’t happen, if the guy is good and he’s healthy you play him. Besides, what’s the message it sends to players if you say “we can’t protect the QB, he’s going to get hurt, let’s throw Andy out there to take the hits”?

Mahomes went to a team that was already a playoff caliber team with a good starter. He didn’t start the season and then get benched. If they’d never started Bryce it would be one thing but pulling the plug 2/3rds of the way through the season is way different.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

I know we always say that only 32 head coaching jobs exist. So someone's gonna take it. But surely all this poo poo has to impact Carolina's ability to lure competent candidates? I can't imagine a less appealing situation to walk into. The owner is absolutely clueless about football but insists on meddling at every level, from draft picks to staff hires to low level coaching and play calling decisions. He's talking to your staff behind your back. People inside the building are actively texting candidates telling them not to apply. And then when all that meddling backfires, he publicly throws you under the bus and fires your rear end. This Tepper saga is loving wild. It makes working for Irsay or Haslam look like the model of stability. Why would anyone who has more than one option willingly go to the Panthers at this point?

"8 figure payout to only work 12 weeks before you're canned" does sound appealing. But it's going to take years for your reputation to recover from having the stink of this team on you.

Rich Bisaccia finally gets his shot!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wandler20 posted:

Rich Bisaccia finally gets his shot!

Bisaccia is extremely well-regarded around the league and by his players, I could see him actually turning around the Panthers if he gets Tepper to avoid meddling for a couple seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Tua didn’t get benched to protect him, he got benched because Flores didn’t think he was good. And no matter what rationale the team gave nobody (including Bryce) would ever see Bryce getting benched after losing 10 games as anything but performance based.

Has any team ever benched a perfectly healthy QB for their own safety? It doesn’t happen, if the guy is good and he’s healthy you play him. Besides, what’s the message it sends to players if you say “we can’t protect the QB, he’s going to get hurt, let’s throw Andy out there to take the hits”?

Mahomes went to a team that was already a playoff caliber team with a good starter. He didn’t start the season and then get benched. If they’d never started Bryce it would be one thing but pulling the plug 2/3rds of the way through the season is way different.

I wasn't saying that Flores was doing it for Tua's own good, just that he wasn't completely destroyed going forward from it happening (and that having McDaniel and those WRs has helped a ton). You have to be mentally strong to be at the highest level, and if you can't deal with a coach doubting you and the adversity of getting benched, then maybe you just don't belong.

To the second point, I could definitely see a team understanding that a veteran like Dalton may have a better grasp on protections and the offense and would be at a lesser risk of getting hosed up (he took sacks at about half the rate of Bryce in his one start). The coaching and skill positions have been bad, but Bryce has loving sucked too. It would look bad to bench your #1 pick, but it also looks awful when he's playing and getting lapped by the rest of the class as well anyway.

The Mahomes situation is valid, but if it was Tepper putting pressure to have Bryce be the guy from the start, then you're just in a poo poo situation to begin with if he isn't grasping stuff.